Trailer Trash

Thirsty Thursdaily (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 10 trail miles today. Nothing fun or unusual happened. Warm and partly cloudy. That is all.

Thirsty - Going out for drinks tonight with DW after she gets off work.  Local brewery has a new beer on tap.

QOTD:  Not sure if I missed this while I was away, but what was your REI rebate?  Mine was $26.42 which was the lowest in a few years. Surprised I didn't get a note from REI asking me if I was alright.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  Had a nice run in the hills yesterday evening. Going to get 5-ish in this evening, maybe hill repeats if I'm feeling it 

qotd: mine was just shy of $400, the vast majority of it off the REI credit card, they had a 2% on groceries so tried to used my card when I could. Ordered three pairs of Darn Tough socks and a new pair of Microspikes- mine are still going strong, but at some point i know they will die so figured I have a pair in the wings. Likely will cash the rest out July 1- that's what I did last year

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

8.5 on the road this morning - beautiful weather, easy run catching up on some podcasts.

QOTD:  $12.39.  Will try not to spend it all at once...

muppy

10.2 miles last night on the road and horseshoe trail.

QOTD I don't  receive anything from REI, however I did receive about $200.00 back on my Cabela's credit card.

runtraildc

Little under 6 miles along the Charles River in Boston yesterday, followed up by a lot of walking.  Now in SE NH at my sister's where the 5 year olds have asked me to take them running.  We're heading out shortly for some trails at the educational farm, which also connects with the dirt rail trail. They boy is a solid runner-- good pacing for a kid, meaning he doesn't sprint out the gate then die 50 yards down the trail.  The brittany looks 'fluffy' so he may come along, though he's not great on a leash.

qotd:  About $400 -- same reasoning as MT.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Man it's hard getting out of bed and running...my joints are so stiff and sore...so I didn't run but will run after work 6ish.  I did leave early so I could drop something off at the DMV.. crap!  It's a holiday today for the state and they are closed.   Going to dentist at lunch..my two front teeth were chipped after I lost my dog running.  When I found her I was so happy I threw my head back and when it came forward our teeth clashed.    I had them filled but eating a jolly ranger made them fall out.  I didn't think it was bad but both the hubby and mother say fix it. 

QOTD:  I do not shop at REI.  Hell I do not shop much at all. 

runtraildc:  Cute...get those kids going early. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

I ran 8 on the paved roads in a rain shower. Jangles had to stay home this am, just to many cars when I'm forced to run pavement.

QOTD: I have never purchased anything from REI

Queen: from yesterday, you know a 100k is only a mear ten miles farther than 50. 👹

Besides the 100k starts at 12:30am and miles ran in the dark don't count as real miles cause you can't see where your goin.

NorthernHarrier

Was able to get out in the drizzle for a short run of 4.5 at the Arb. Did a few intervals on my course for fun but it was an effort with still sluggish legs. I'll get some great trail miles over the next 4 days, just need to find some younger legs.

QOTD--Coming out of the Sawtooths in Idaho last summer with my daughter when almost back to the car we bumped into a couple day hiking on up. The man asked if I would be willing to sell my trekker poles so I threw out a price and without hesitation he pulled out his wallet and I had a wad of cash for some old abused poles. Score!  Well my dividend was around $250 so I already rec'd my new Black Diamond poles and a couple other things. My dividend is also mostly from the card usage and when I get my dividend I usually spend more then I am getting back. I think they have that figured out pretty well.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

which BD poles did you go with?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I wimped out last night on anything and decided that the bed was inviting.  I hope to get out tonight for something.  I recently realized that I have turned back into a night runner.  How did that happen?

Queen - 100k eh?

QOTD: REI - never shopped there.

But I did pick up a pair of the BD z poles you guys are referencing.  Not sure which ones - maybe the older version.  But I love them - once I figured out how to keep them from collapsing.  I will be using them at Hyner in a few weeks.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I hope the rain stops before I leave work because I gotta run tonight either way.  We sure could use some sunshine.  So gloomy here.

QOTD: $2.    I almost never buy things that aren't on sale or without a coupon.  I don't have the credit card -- I use a different rewards card for every day purchases that gives me straight cash back.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Just don't want to step up to that far...50 miles is enough and 100K is 12 more mile AKA 2.5 to 3 more hours.    plus I have a wedding in November so that would be two trips in the fall.  Maybe sign up for the 50 miler waiting list for Marquette and train for it; then if I don't get in oh well.

As for your morning runs...how's the wife's training going?

I wimped out last night on anything and decided that the bed was inviting.  I hope to get out tonight for something.  I recently realized that I have turned back into a night runner.  How did that happen?

Queen - 100k eh?

QOTD: REI - never shopped there.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Just don't want to step up to that far...50 miles is enough and 100K is 12 more mile AKA 2.5 to 3 more hours.   

I crossed over 50 miles in 12:43 (or something like that) during my 100K.  I finished in 17:30.  Try more like 5 hours.  LOL.  Granted you're a lot faster than I am, plus hopefully you wouldn't have the GI issues I had, but...  I like your plan of putting yourself on the waiting list!

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed. Had a rough day and night at work. Still have to finish some paperwork. Hurray for being able to do it from home.  After that I'll hunt for DW, I think she's outside doing yard work, then I'll head out for a run/walk. I'll probably run about 6-7 miles and meet her for the last 1-2 and walk home making a total of 7-9 miles.

QOTD:  $48.64 towards a new car. About $20.00 for gas credits and then another $6 off groceries. All that is for one month.  I have three cards that offer a variety of rewards.  None from REI and I don't know if I ever have bought anything from REI.  Seeing the size of some of these rebates might inspire me to look into REI a little bit more, but I doubt that I'll switch from my current cards.  I think I've probably cashed in almost 10K in car rebates from my GM card.

AT-runner

Tim

My Credit Card is for Air Mileage Points.  We've been able to turn them in 2 times to see kids in Oregon, and I used it once for a First Class upgrade.

NH - Yesterday - What adventure run are you planning next? Keep us updated in case one of us wants to tag along.

"100k is only a bit longer than a 50 miler."  - This is where John M always chimed in with his stats   Now we have to go to FB to keep up with all of John M's writings.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!