Trailer Trash

!!!Only 15 More Weeks!!!! (Read 31 times)

Keep Going

Then again, MTE 50 is my first Ultra, so we'll see if I gain any sanity from this or lose more of what I don't have as it is 

Two years ago I would have NEVER even considered a 100 miler..so much for that  ... It's the only race distance I really want to do anymore. Once you get a taste you will be hooked .

100 milers are my favorite

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Two years ago I would have NEVER even considered a 100 miler..so much for that  ... It's the only race distance I really want to do anymore. Once you get a taste you will be hooked .

Lol, I've only got 3 marathons under my belt - two of those are trail marathons. the Land Between the Lakes Marathon this past March and the Harmonie Trail Marathon this last Saturday....

I must admit that even though both races were brutal, my recovery was very quick, even quicker this last time. I was back to running this last Tuesday, though they're still easy runs and I'm not doing anything crazy, the mental side isn't quite ready and my physical side is recovering a lot quicker.

I'm going to complain to the HTM RD that they need to add a 3rd loop next year, because apparently I didn't get my ass kicked hard enough.

I'm hoping that while I enjoy the scenery and the trails, the MTE 50 will kick my ass so hard, I won't want to think about running for at least two weeks.

I guess my biggest worry or uncertainty with 100 milers is the commitment, like I register pretty early so once I've registered I've got the training to think about, the weather conditions and any of life's events. But the thought of  planning an all day excursion with something like 2-3 weeks of planning doesn't sound too bad.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Sandy-2

I've a 100k next Saturday (in 5 days). I have to admit it did get here kinda quickly.  The problem is my training over the last month has been the worst. I had that cold which I tried to run through then gave up, and now a bought with PF I haven't run a step in a week or so. Just trying to do the last bit of training and tapering on a stationary bike.  I MAY test the foot with a light run next Thursday. At any rate I'm going to be on the start line next Saturday and see if I can baby it through. We'll see .....

tbd.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've a 100k next Saturday (in 5 days). I have to admit it did get here kinda quickly.  The problem is my training over the last month has been the worst. I had that cold which I tried to run through then gave up, and now a bought with PF I haven't run a step in a week or so. Just trying to do the last bit of training and tapering on a stationary bike.  I MAY test the foot with a light run next Thursday. At any rate I'm going to be on the start line next Saturday and see if I can baby it through. We'll see .....

All that trouble sounds really sucky.

I wish you a whole lot of luck in finishing it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

XtremeTaper

Dave what do you have in two weeks?

Mohican 100. Back to my birth state for a race, and a place I spent some time at as a teenager. 4 loops of trail.. going for a "faster" 100 this time but we shall see.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Keep Going

Mohican 100. Back to my birth state for a race, and a place I spent some time at as a teenager. 4 loops of trail.. going for a "faster" 100 this time but we shall see.

Awesome! Have a blast and run well! Looking forward to reading about your run afterwards!

100 milers are my favorite

LB2

Geez.. I would hate to be around you during the taper.  Big grin

2 more weeks for me!

Hahahaha. I was thinking the same thing. But it would be hard to be around me, too.

LB2

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hahahaha. I was thinking the same thing. But it would be hard to be around me, too.

Just give me some hard whiskey, or rum... and I will be oh so happy 

PRs

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Only 8 weeks to go and yesterday was my first good hill workout in weeks.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.