Trailer Trash

Patriots Day Monday (Read 21 times)

XtremeTaper

Good morning all. Another nice spring day here. I will get out for 6-7 miles with the Lady after work. Weekend was jam packed with running and yardwork. I guess yardwork counts as cross training? I ran about 26-27 on Sunday (2 long loops of Green lane lake loopie) and 9+ yesterday at French Creek. Lots of blue bells out along the lake on Saturday, plus horsey people galore.

QOTD: Do you know anyone running the Boston Marathon?

Me, yes. I will be tracking a few friends later today.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  had a nice long run yesterday (16-ish) temps in the upper 40's and lower 50's- perfect   nice to see the surrounding mountains with some fresh snow and the spring flowers are starting to pop

shooting star

yellow bell

pasque (crocus)

phlox

bike to work and strength training this evening

qotd: I don't think so, have known some in the past

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

I'm in FL for spring break - ran 9 this morning on some flat, boring roads.  There are a couple of nature preserves not far away, which I'll have to check out to avoid going crazy from monotonous runs.  (That all sounds overly negative - really, the weather is beautiful, the beach is beautiful, and we're having a great time.)

QOTD:  I know a couple of guys who are running today.  Glad I'm not.

AT-runner

Tim

Running at lunch. Have time for maybe 5 or 6 miles in the battlefield.

QOTD:  Yes, following closely. Have 2 of my former XC runners running their first Boston, and I know Neely Spence Gracey (Steve Spence's daughter).  Neely is running her first marathon and is a former National XC champion.  They expect her to be a top 3 US female, since many women are recovering after trials.  Neely was born 26 years 2 days ago while her dad was running Boston, so it's been a story they've covered a lot.  Steve was 12th at the 1992 Olympics.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning!  rest day for me, with plans to get to the gym later for some strength training.  If I look back at the last couple of weeks, the chances of that really happening are not great, but we'll see.  Meanwhile, the weather is quite nice (although on the warm side), so I will be spending time outdoors and in my garden.

qotd:  nope, but I will be checking in to see the progress and end results.  And good luck to the friends of fellow trailers!

Daydreamer1

SRD. Spending the day at work.

Planned on 14+ miles yesterday, ended up only getting in a little over 11. Really nice day, just didn't feel like running and needed to be home by a certain time so couldn't just hike the entire route.  Saw a older couple trying to teach what I'm assuming was a grandson to ride a bike on the dirt forest road. The kid was about 13-14, extremely overweight and rode worse than a 2 year old. Kind of sad. The kid didn't seem like he was special needs, more like he just sat in front of a computer/TV all the time.

QOTD: No one that I know personally. I saw a quick blurb in the paper that one of the local runners, a guy that I think was 2 years ahead of me in high school is running it for the 30th year in a row.  Apparently he has a coaching service and is quite active in the marathon scene. Still lives locally but I never see his name in the trail races.  Poor guy doesn't know what he's depriving himself of .

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Checking in after a busy (not much running though) weekend.  Thanks for the Birthday Saturdaily AT.  Too bad I did not see it until today.   My b-day was uneventful which is the way I like it.  I did a lot of yard work which I mostly enjoy.  It was such a beautiful weekend.  I did get out for a 10 mile jaunt Sat early.  I might get to the gym tonight.  Hyner is a few days away and (knock on wood) it will be the first year going into it that I am healthy.

QOTD: No one personally but a co-worker and I were just talking about Neely Spence so it's funny you mentioned her AT.  My co-worker has met Steve a few times and even run with him (my co-worker got his master's @ Ship).

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

5.3 miles last night. Was in the low 70s, it's getting too warm for me.

QOTD  Nobody personally, just random people from the Internet type forums.

AT-runner

Tim

Neeley was 9th overall in just under 2:35. She finished very strong and looked great. She was the first American.

Jamie - Steve is a very nice guy and a great coach. We had 3 runners from Delone run for him at Shippensburg.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Back from visiting with relatives for a long weekend which meant plenty of alcohol and food!!  I also caught a cold.  So didn't haul my ass out of bed this am to run. We hired a dog sitter to stay with the mutts while we were gone.  She did such a great job my dogs just want to lay around.  they are usually wounded up when we return.  May run after work may not.  Hurt my neck in the shower today just by ummm I have no idea, turning my head.  Old age sucks!

DD1:  That is really a shame about a 13 year old learning to bike. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄