Trailer Trash

Weekender (Read 25 times)

6 miles yesterday, 15 miles today.  Didn't eat enough on today's run and I was really dragging at the end.  Anyway, got it done.  Warmish, shorts and short sleeve weather.  Big waves at Mavericks so lots of surfers are out and others hiking around on the trails and bluffs.  But not big enough for the surf contest.

I'm up to #14 on the TRT 50 waitlist.  I feel good about my chances.

Congrats to Queen on getting into Mt. Hood 50!  Book somewhere to stay quickly as there are not a lot of options, unless you're planning on camping.

AT, you're right, you have crappy lottery luck.   Bummer.

Moonlight, yikes, what a race.  Looking forward to the race report.

MTwarden, sounds like a great weekend away.

QOTD: off on Monday (federal employee).  No special plans, catch up on chores and laundry, sleep in.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Wow moonlight, glad you’re ok. Recover well.

Finished Houston in 4:05 today.  On the slow side, but I’ll take it after my two recent 100 milers.  I was trying for 3:45 to 3:50 (BQ is 3:55) and was right on pace, but started to slow late and then the wheels totally fell off at mile 21 or so, felt like running through quicksand. The legs were simply not responding at all.  Plus the bottoms of my feet were killing me, maybe I need new shoes for concrete running.  But overall it was a lot of fun running with the crowds. The weather was perfect.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Took the weekend off from running.  Just lacking in energy and motivation right now.  My lower back is also not doing great.  I hope to start again fresh tomorrow and have a good running week.

moonlight - that sounds awfully scary.  Glad you are ok and can't wait to hear the details.

Sandy - sorry you missed out by a few minutes.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I did a timed race over the weekend . One Day in Auburn - 12 hour ( Auburn California )  It was an overnight race starting at 6:00pm . I have had a bad time at timed races in the past often quitting before my mileage goal and then sulking about it .

It was good weather , in the 40's but damp . I live in the desert and it's almost never damp so it made it feel colder to me . I ended up wearing a lot of what I brought and it was all soaking wet from the fog . It was a very well done event , great people . Triple timed - two chips on my bib , one additional chip attached on my tights and manual recording . At one point I realized I needed something from my car and felt like I needed to ask permission in light of recent events .

My goal was 40 miles - that was 163 laps and I was able to do it . I never hit the low point that made me quit at other timed races so I was pretty happy about that . There were only 8 of us in the 12 hour and I had my ass handed to me by an 83 year old man .

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice job...that would have drove me crazy loops on a track...I bet people are going to worry about staying too long in the porta potties now. 

I

My goal was 40 miles - that was 163 laps and I was able to do it . I never hit the low point that made me quit at other timed races so I was pretty happy about that . There were only 8 of us in the 12 hour and I had my ass handed to me by an 83 year old man .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Nice job...that would have drove me crazy loops on a track...I bet people are going to worry about staying too long in the porta potties now. 

Nothin like leavin before the paper work is completed 🤢🤢

Sandy-2

Great job.  Funny about asking permission to go to your car, an unfortunate sign of the times I guess.

... I had my ass handed to me by an 83 year old man .

^  Don't you hate when that happens?   (But it's also inspiring.  )

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I did a timed race over the weekend . One Day in Auburn - 12 hour ( Auburn California )  It was an overnight race starting at 6:00pm . I have had a bad time at timed races in the past often quitting before my mileage goal and then sulking about it .

It was good weather , in the 40's but damp . I live in the desert and it's almost never damp so it made it feel colder to me . I ended up wearing a lot of what I brought and it was all soaking wet from the fog . It was a very well done event , great people . Triple timed - two chips on my bib , one additional chip attached on my tights and manual recording . At one point I realized I needed something from my car and felt like I needed to ask permission in light of recent events .

If you ever decide to come East for one of those, I highly recommend Dawn to Dusk to Dawn aka D3 in the Philly suburbs. Bill Schultz and Josh Irvan put on a great race. The 12 hour and 24 hour are full this year, but one space has opened  for the 50K (only 125 laps) on May 12th.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.