Trailer Trash

Windy Wednesday (Read 20 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 5 this morning which is food because I didn't want to get out of bed.  I reminded myself I am doing this for me and was able to get out the door.

QOTD:  My foot catch a cable that I thought was a stick or vine, so I yanked my foot up and did a complete and shocking no time to put hands out body slam followed by a WTH just happened.  This was 10 years ago so it influenced me enough that I still remember.

XT:  Really who the hell tears there stomach  open on a fall???  Did the beer you were drinking leak out?

Mr Jamie:  We are doing very good thank you  we were in last place for many weeks at the beginning and have crawled up to 12th place this week.  As long as we stay in 12th place we are in the playoffs beginning in 09/16.  I am thinking the playoffs may set the points to zero so everyone starts on an even playing field which would be cool.

LB2:  Just attend a training on How Engaged Your Workers are.  Louisiana was the number one state for engaged employees...which lead me to think you didn't take the survey. 

DPC3:  A one year old!!!   so that's where you have been.  That makes three right?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dpc3

What chew talkin bout Willis, 3 kids don't take up precious time , yes it's been a crazy year.

DPC3:  A one year old!!!   so that's where you have been.  That makes three right?

AT-runner

Tim

What chew talkin bout Willis, 3 kids don't take up precious time , yes it's been a crazy year.

Yes, with 3 kids you have to switch form man-to-man to zone defense.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dpc3

TRUTH!

Yes, with 3 kids you have to switch form man-to-man to zone defense.

LB2

LB2:  Just attend a training on How Engaged Your Workers are.  Louisiana was the number one state for engaged employees...which lead me to think you didn't take the survey. 

Actually, I am pretty engaged, especially this time of year. But it isn't too hard to keep a tab open on my screen to take a mental break from a spreadsheet.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think my club coach is getting serious about these interval thingies:

5 x 1000m @ 10K pace, 100m recovery followed by

8 x 200m @ mile pace, 100m recovery

QOTD: My worst was not a fall per se, more a drop. I was running on a sidewalk and looking around. I had noted a black patch ahead and assumed it was an asphalt patch on the sidewalk. It was dark so and I didn't notice someone had moved the saw horse that should have been blocking the sidewalk. As I turned to look ahead I realized my foot was about to land in a 4.5 ft deep, 4' x 4' hole that the black patch had morphed into. It was filled about 18" deep in cold water. Fortunately my foot hit the side to slow my progress and I was able to drop more or less straight down rather than crashing into the side, so all I got was some scratches on my ribs where they scraped the sides.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Today I got up early and did 4 mi along the beach.  A pretty good and quick run.  Although still warm.

Today is also packing/moving day for the big move.  I'm seeing lots of there Tigers all over the place.

Home:

The office:

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

wrapping things up around here (though not literally, like Sandy).

This running thing is hard to get back into, I think I am just too tired from work and other stuff. Anyways, a mile or a bit more around the hood. Did not find time for more.

QOTD: I've had my share of falls, especially some fun head-first downhill falls, but your stories here are much more entertaining to read.

One of my worst falls was when I was running around a mountain top. As it is flat up there, I decided to speed up on the nice, grassy patches there. So as I was speeding along, my toe got caught on the one and only rock near and far, and I went flying. For some reason, I kept my arms angled and landed hard on the right side on my stomach, punching myself with my fist, right below the rib cage. And I have no body fat there to cushion or spread out the impact.

The pain from that punch was incredible, it went shooting up through my body, and for about a minute or so, I laid there, curling up, crying, wailing, screaming in pain, just waiting to die right there.

At some point, the black receded from my vision, and the little stars disappeared, and I remember looking up through the tree canopy into the sky, waiting for the out-of-body-experience to start. But that never happened, luckily.

After a few minutes, I scrambled up onto my knees, and then got up. "Walked" back to the car (including a steep downhill), probably displaying my worst form ever.

It took about three weeks for the pain to almost disappear, some slight pain always remained.

A few months later, I had to have my gallbladder removed, which finally ended the pain in my side. I don't know if that fall had anything to do with it, or if my gallbladder was already swollen and inflamed when I fell, causing this excruciating pain when I punched myself.

Run for fun.