Trailer Trash

The weekender! (Read 18 times)

muppy

8.7 miles on the rail trail  last night.  I usually do a tempo run the second half, but it was too hot and miserable so I wussed out.

QOTD  Do you have a favorite summer fruit  or a vegetable?

Bonus points : do you put whipped cream on fruit?

I love cantaloupe, I bought two of them last night that were the most delicious cantaloupe I ever had!

I put whip cream on my cantaloupe and the GF looks at me like I'm crazy.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice run this morning, but could have used less humidity and heat. Was 90 degrees when I was done, and like the rest of the PA peeps, I didn't finish pretty.

Sandy - Safe travels. Sounds like 24hr of hell to me. Hope you have a good book.

QOTD:  Veggies = Garden tomatoes, and no whip cream on those. Made a nice Caprese salad last night. Tomatoes and basil from DW's  garden with mozzarella and some balsamic vinaigrette.

Fruit = I like fall fruit and local apples. They'll be picking them soon. If it's a pie, I'll put whip cream on it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

3 or 4 a little later.

QOTD: I like strawberries and watermelon.

Bonus: Sometimes.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice 13 miler this morning, cool temps- perfect running weather; will get a 5-ish in tomorrow morning.  Rut Run next weekend so will get a couple of a shorter runs in early and cal it good.

qotd: huckleberries Big grin  like 'em just to eat, on cereal, ice cream and cheese cake- whipped cream on the last two works   I also like corn on the cob (sweet version) in the summer- butter, salt, pepper- it's the only thing I use table salt on

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

9 miles Trifty Cove trail

qotd  apples, blueberries, and blackberries along the trail.  Apples are just getting ripe.

Daydreamer1

Quite busy last night at work = no nap. Came home and argued/discussed nutrition such as the pros and cons of high protein, ketogenic, vegetarian and other such diets with DS. He's into the Ketogenic crap right now. I say balance out your diet and consume no more or less than you need too.  Got to bed late, got up late and it's hot and miserable. Legs are tired. All that added up to the easy decision not to run and work out in the A/C.   I'll work on some balance and upper body strength.

QOTD: Cantalope, followed by tomatoes. Quality of Cantaloupe really varies this year.  Had some last week that was really, really good.  Got some this week from the same farmer and not near as good. Very dependent on the weather.

Bonus: Only use whipped cream on strawberries or pumpkin pie.

some call me Tim

Thanks for the feedback on the night running yesterday everyone - I guess I'm easily spooked. I made a decision to drink less beer when I'm up late and suddenly a run seemed like a great idea. But between last week (where I bumped my mileage by a third and tripled my vert) and those extra runs I was cooked this morning and ended up running 9 instead of 20 on nearby super rooty MTB trails. Time for a little rest.

QOTD: Ditto on the garden tomatoes. You just can't get anything like em. And these days when we can get pretty much what we want any time of year, I enjoy and celebrate the scarcity. Even my eldest daughter(9), who hates tomatoes, picked up on this dynamic. She's always looking for a way to earn some money and this summer is growing suncherries and beefsteaks to sell.

muppy

7.2 rolling trail miles for me, have to keep the pace up or the deer flies eat me up!

QOTD Still cantaloupe, but fresh peaches are hard to beat!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

A whopping 1.5 miles in the heat was all that I could crank out. Feeling a bit nauseous, not sure what's going on. Maybe I'll have to start up slowly with short easy runs? Suggestions and comments are welcome.

QOTD: Peaches, no whip. The only fruit that I put whip on are strawberries. My favorite summer veggies are fresh cucumbers, when they are full of taste, not like these watery greenhouse sponges.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

A whopping 1.5 miles in the heat was all that I could crank out. Feeling a bit nauseous, not sure what's going on. Maybe I'll have to start up slowly with short easy runs? Suggestions and comments are welcome.

QOTD: Peaches, no whip. The only fruit that I put whip on are strawberries. My favorite summer veggies are fresh cucumbers, when they are full of taste, not like these watery greenhouse sponges.

if you haven't been running a lot, heat is going to be a double whammy- short easy runs (even mixed with walks) or run early in the cool- regardless listen to your body; not telling you anything you don't already know- sometimes it's nice to hear someone else say it though 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Yes, unfortunately you've been off enough to have a drop in fitness so agree with warden. Easy going miles and walk as you need. It will come back quickly, so don't worry. Plus better running temperatures in a couple of weeks will help.  My pace has been really slowed by the heat and humidity.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Heading out for 6 miles in a few minutes. Another hot miserable run I'm sure.

FTYC -  With being off for quite awhile and the weather just do a lot of walk/run. I've been trying to tell myself it's good training for long distances.

NHLA

6 miles at DuPont Forest. Waterfall run.  Five beautiful waterfalls on the property.

runtraildc

No run weekend for me.  I did get 4 miles in on the prairie trail on Friday, but just haven't got in a run this weekend.

Marie- I took off two months, give or take, and it has been like I'm starting over.  This heat has not helped.

qotd: watermelon and tomatoes.  Apples are starting in md, but that counts as my favorite fall fruit.  No whip, unless it's strawberry shortcake