Trailer Trash

Finish the week strong Fridaily (Read 25 times)

Watoni

Well, the bride is back this afternoon so my single parent experiment is over.

I may have crazy work over the weekend, or not so much.

Hoping for two short runs today to test the adjusted orthotics and some different shoes.

QOTD: Weekend? Depending on work, hope to get at least one longish run in (not LB2 style, to be clear) of 3+ hours and some killer biking in. Oh, and chill with the boys and the bride as much as possible.

AT-runner

Tim

Blarg - Nice press.

Queen - Good choice on skipping Gym on a Friday.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Started my new temporary gig this week so only a couple good runs as I try to get used to a more structured existence again. In spite of my schedule the runs were at least good quality with trail intervals and some road pace work. I'll have to work out a routine of some sort going forward. The job seems ok though I much prefer not working.  Because they are still gearing up for the season some of us that just got hired are getting staggered days off and lucky me as I get Monday off. I like that. Now I am just waiting for DW to get home and we'll be spending a 3 day weekend at the shack.

QOTD--As mentioned a long wknd up north. I'm expecting fall color to be nearing peak around my place so that should be good. There will be a solid mix of grouse hunting, mtn. biking, some great trail running, a little canoeing, and some lumberjack stuff. Pretty complete plus it looks to be beautiful weatherwise.  Oh yeah--maybe some fall musky fishing, campfires, and a little seasonal ale too.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the Neil Young concert was excellent last night, glad I went- don't like crowds, but this was worth putting up with them- almost had tears in my eyes when he did Long May You Run on the acoustic guitar

didn't waste my day off, 24 miles to bag Stuart Peak in the Rattlesnake Wilderness- always an amazing run- elk, mule deer, blue grouse, ruffed grouse, few species of woodpeckers and some very fresh bear sign

staying w/ my DD, son-in-law and grand kids- we're going to do pizza and movie night tonight

qotd: will head home tomorrow, probably rest up tomorrow- already feeling sore; short run on Sunday or maybe a hike w/ DW

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 7 mi this morning. A pretty good run, but stayed on the flat river path.  Took a little detour to swing by and look into the window of a little furniture shop we've been wanting to drop in to.  Kinda cool.

qotd: this weekend the Busan International Film Festival started and we bought tickets for a few obscure films.  Last night we went to a 3 hr documentary on Jackson Heights, NY. It was ok in spots, but there were also torturous parts covering local community meetings, very repetitive too. We're going to see some Korean, Indian and Australian movies over the next few days.

tbd.

some call me Tim

More to come on this year's press, I hope!

Warden, that's far and away my favorite Neil song... just a great tune that I've played for many, many people and grew up hearing my uncles play around the campfire. They never did get the "missed that shift" line right and I have a recording of them arguing about it where one sang, "but you bought that boat on the long decline," and the other laughs and tells him it's supposed to be "missed that ship"

OBMedic

yay! Mandy.  Stop being such a stranger.  Foot feeling any better?

OBMedic - not sure you saw my post the other day but I live in Camp Hill, probably close to where you used to live or maybe parents still live.  Drop me a line when you're back again, if I have the time I will hit the trails with you.

blarg - thanks for sharing the cider press....cool stuff!

Yeah sorry I totally missed that, my bad. I actually grew up in Mechanicsburg. I used to run the AT, Darlington, and Pinchot a lot. I'll definitely let you know next time I'm up this way and have a little more time.

Upcoming Races

Nutcracker 12 hour- 12/15/15 (Depending on Work Schedule)

Everglades Ultras 50M- 2/20/16

Black Mountain Monster 24 hour- May 2016

www.alwaysmoretogive.com