Trailer Trash

Sunny Saturday and Sunday (Read 12 times)

runtraildc

Fantastic weather here this weekend. Not cold and dreary as been the trend this spring, nor hot and humid. Got in 10 miles on the trails this morning, along some fields and thru the creek. My legs are tired now. It's been a while since I've done that distance on dirt and grass (which is harder, imo)

qotd: What do you have going on this weekend? Running, groceries and gardening. I have a community plot that I need to clear out tomorrow morning and get started for the season.

Sandy-2

Did 6 mi this morning. At 72° it was slightly cooler than they predicted, but still 100% humidity though especially since we had some good thunderstorms roll through last night. Legs were still tired at the end.  Tomorrow will be much the same.

qotd: nothing much, we’re meeting friends for dinner Sunday evening, it’ll be nice.

tbd.

SRD today, 7 yesterday. 

QOTD: spent the day volunteering at Miwok 100k. In contrast to the sun and heat at Canyons last weekend, it was foggy, cold, and drizzly  up at Bolinas Ridge today. A good day for running if you don’t mind a little mud.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

9 mi this morning.  It was a muggy mess, as usual.  My legs were toast after about 7 miles, the last 2 weren’t pretty.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Actually ran trails here yesterday, doing 6.5. 1st time on trails here in what seems like forever. There were still patches of snow and ice in the shady areas and 3 long sections of water about 6" deep I had to go thru but all in all it was great. Should get better every day now.  I'll head out in a bit for some mile intervals though I think I'll throw a canoe in for a quick paddle about.

QOTD--I just keep working outside here with any available time doing landscape type work from all the construction we had that ended late fall plus the usual spring like chores living on a lake like repairing pier sections and putting them in. It's all good work.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

yesterday 5 miles (1300' in 2 miles) with TE; today 7 miles (1200') with TE, strength train this afternoon

qotd: other than above, cooked breakfast for DW Saturday morning- French toast/sausage/fruit- my specialty   Getting stuff ready, might Spring bear hunt for a couple of days- probably have lost enough snow to make it worthwhile

Although a little fresh snow in the Elkhorns

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

14 miles today, including a few with running club friends.  Went faster than normal for me, and I was pooped at the end.  A gorgeous sunny day on the coast and everything is blooming.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR