Trailer Trash

Terrific Tuesdailies (Read 17 times)

Daydreamer1

Why terrific? I don't know, just felt like being upbeat today .   The wind has slightly died off, it's now only howling in the 10-20 mph range so my squirrels can now hang onto the trees without being blown off the branches.

I may try to get in 5  miles outside. I don't have the time to go back to the gym and I hate running on my dinky little treadmill.  Got a lot of vehicle maintenance to do first though so it may end up being a night run.

QOTD: Does your weight shoot up really quickly if you take a break from running or start a new workout regimen?

Mine does. When I ran Tussey I was at a chubby 176 lbs. I really cut the mileage back and quickly gained 2-3 lbs. Then I went into the gym and after just 3 sessions my weight has ballooned. This morning I'm up to a very fat feeling 184 lbs. I can even feel it in my clothes. My uniform and dress shirts are much tighter around the chest and are starting to reveal my moobs .

XtremeTaper

Not sure about run today or not. Will try to get out for a few miles after work but maybe not. Already sick of hearing the cold gusty wind and technically winter has not even started. Took a day off yesterday, planned to hit the gym, but then got busy at work and said screw that after I was done working, and went downstairs and had an ale or two while watching the talking heads on the Big10 channel.

QOTD: Well, my weight is up about 5-6 pounds since this reduced running stretch that started 6 weeks ago. Some of that weight gain is seasonal too I suppose. Spring, summer, and early fall outdoor chores consume some calories or maybe it's just more sitting around during the darker months. Typically I am a pretty steady 180-185 year round but above that right now.

Oh, sad photo below of Mount Penn near Reading PA. Dang winds and careless people. I believe the fire is under control now. Pretzel City Races are held on various parts of this mountain.

Image result for fire on mount penn

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I woke up at 3AM, drank coffee, ate some toast, and ran about 4 miles.

QOTD: Not too bad. I stay around 185. If I am getting ready for something, I try to drop it to about 175 to 180 for race day. Anytime I get under 180, I start to too skinny.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran this morning...5 miles...hmmm. 

QOTD:  I stay between 122 and 125....occasionally I may spike above when on vacation, eating and drinking and no running.  But just not running doesn't really spike it.  I weigh myself everyday and write it so I know when I am moving towards 125 and try to bring it back down.

XT:  Typically you never take time off of running.   

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I brought my running stuff with, I probably shouldn't run this evening with a lot of hunting on tap, but likely will anyway   

qotd: mine went up when I had the stress fracture in my heel- I think it was 6-8 weeks w/o running, some of it was weight gain from lifting heavier/more often. I'm definitely not gaining any weight from my recent hiatus from running- going up/down mountains with a 20-ish lb pack tends to keep the weight off 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got to the gym last night.  That cold and wind was crazy and lasted for days.  Today feels great.  Will get out for something tonight.  I also am cooking our turkey tonight.  A few years back I started cooking the turkey ahead of time and store the cut meat in the juices in the fridge and simply reheat.  It comes out fine.

XT - I saw that picture.  That is crazy.  I will be out in Reading next week on one of the highest floors in the human service building.  I should have a nice birds eye view of the damage.

QOTD: I have no idea.  I haven't weighed myself in 2+ years.  But since my weight has never really fluctuated much, I imagine that to still be the case.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Short run this morning before doing a bunch of chores. Moved a over a ton of wood pellets so that counts as cross training.

XT - saw that on the Pagoda Pacers FB page. Looks like if got close to the Pagoda but they were able to get it under control.  I'm sure some of PCS races cross over the damaged area.

QOTD:  My weight goes up and down easily and goes hand in hand with my lack of a functioning thyroid gland.  If I take the correct medication, I get heart palpitations when I run, so I'm under-medicated. As a result, if I cut back on my running, I gain weight.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!