Trailer Trash

Roaring back Fridaily (Read 47 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I wish I was going to an exotic island.  Whose suitcase can I stow away in?

Running is dumb.

Low_O2

Happy Friday all! Nice to see the activity increasing a bit around here lately.

6 miles across the desert with the dog last night, getting warmer out there but still nice running weather. Finished off the evening with a 3 mile stroller pushing walk around the hood with my son and dog so the wife could get some work done. Kind of a cutback week for me, so only have 10 planned for tomorrow. I'm glad the weather is supposed to get ugly, will make it easier to cut my long run short.

QOTD: Nothing too official. Will travel to a few races and probably have some backpacking trips thrown in, but I'm not much of a planner so who knows when and where a :vacation" might take us.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Off running until foot cooperates.  Its a slushy mess right now anyway although I do enjoy running while the snow is still falling.

QOTD: May overnight backpacking trip with the gf...we'll see how it goes and I'm going to convince her to do a trek thats longer than she thinks she can handle (now) by the end of the summer.  I think I've got her signed on for a 5 mile trail race next month too (she's done a few 5ks).

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

Wow, busy thread this morning. SRD today.  Hopefully the snow will be all gone tomorrow for long run on AT.  They got 10 inches in the mountains, and hardly anything 20 miles away.  Crazy weather.

TT - Marley's not going on the JMT.  Hopefully DW will get her out for some walks.

Tmotmo44 - When is the wedding?  Congrats.  +1 to XT, St. John is nice, we also like Aruba.

QOTD:  Going to Pinehurst in a few weeks for a golf vacation.  I always mix golf with running, so I'll stop by the Umstead course for a run.  Did the same thing last year, and after running 2 loops, I was bored to tears.  This year I'll have a running buddy with me, and we're planning on doing 1 loop of the course and then mix up some of the nice trails that they don't use for the race.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TT - Marley's not going on the JMT.  Hopefully DW will get her out for some walks.

Yeah, that is the downside to the trip.  She is a great backpacking companion, but alas no dogs allowed on the majority of the JMT.  My wife will walk her around the block, but no running or long hikes.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Watoni

I have 2-3 hours planned for this afternoon before we head to Tahoe (skiing) for the weekend.

Still feel pretty shattered from work/cold, but will do my best.

QOTD: Maui in April, then just rides/runs (only ones more than a 2 hour drive are Leadville and the cycling trip to the Pyrenees)

Runinaround

7.75 miles yesterday around a favorite trail in the Santa Monica mountains, felt really nice to get back on the trails, Ive been stuck to streets and treadmill since Bandit 50K in mid February. Went home from work early today to take care of sick kid, hopefully I will sneak in a few miles tonight.

QOTD: Climbing Mt. Whitney in August and doing a Yosemite trip in September. I'm sure I will plan another trip or two by summer time.

Snowdenrun

Afternoon-

I managed to sneak in a nice 7 miles yesterday. My plan for running this morning has been pushed since I slept in til past 10. Oops. I guess I needed the sleep. Life's been a bit hectic lately.

QOTD- After moving to AK my travel plans are always going home to visit family. But Colorado is always a great place to vacation so its okay. Then I'm taking a week at the end of July and going to Texas for a firefighting course, where I am bound to die from heat exhaustion.

Irish Luck

SRD and chores tonight after work. 12K at 8:00AM tomorrow.

Great to see lots of activity on the board today! Hope everyone is doing well and has a fun weekend!

XT: The mister and I have wanted to explore French Creek, but don't know our way around--any tips? We are only 25 min away.

QOTD: we take an annual 10-day trip to Ocean City, NJ. It's the most relaxing time: we wake up, run, enjoy lunch and beers, head to the beach for reading/naps/swimming (lots of naps), shower up, enjoy beers and dinner on the porch, then to bed. Repeat daily. The bonus is that are 2 dogs get to come with us!

We would also like to get to Portland, OR and San Diego very soon. Just got back from a long weekend in Savannah, GA in early Feb.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Daydreamer1

Work induced rest day for me, but I do feel like I need it. It's great to see the temps climbing into the 50's. By the time I get out on the trails again they should be snow free. When I came into work this morning I found out that we were getting some mid year bonuses. It wasn't huge, around $300.00, but that's easily enough to buy one of the new Nathan Hydration vests. Cool

QOTD: If everything goes well we will be going to San Antonio Tx in late July to see DS graduate from Air Force Basic training!!! Spend a few days there with him and some of my wife's family, then possibly stop by Branson MO on the way home. For this year that's about it.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Late to the game again.  Work has been a bear this week.  Glad it's over (in 17 minutes...).  I managed 25 minutes on the stairs o' death this morning followed by a leg workout followed by 90 min of driving to a meeting.  Not a good combo.

QOTD: We're going down to the Jersey Shore in June after kids get out of school.  Should be a blast.  They love the ocean.  Otherwise I don't think we have anything planned.

Have a great weekend everyone! Go get those trails!

(now 15 minutes...)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

SRD today. I got 9+ in last night with repeats on the "big hill." 1200' total climb.

QOTD: It looks like we might just sublease a student apartment and spend all summer in Colorado. Maybe I'll work, maybe not, but I'll definitely run!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I must be living in Pennsylvania Sibiria. Temps up to the 50's, here we can only dream of that. But at least, it's blue skies and sunshine.

Took the kids to the dentist and eye doc this morning, courtesy of a local charity. It's the best kids' dentist within a 50-mile radius, but he doesn't take our insurance, so it's great to get a chance to a "free" treatment for the kids.

Earned some karma points when I didn't freak out upon learning that the dentist had pulled three of DS's teeth without giving me notice before - they were already wiggly, and the permanent teeth were coming in, one had already displaced a permanent tooth, so it was actually a good thing, but I would have liked to know before.

Not so good that the medicine (numbing? anti-anxiety?) had some strange effects on my already volatile, lively kid. So I earned some more karma points by staying calm and collected, while navigating all three kids through their vision exams. We all had had breakfast at 7, and meanwhile it was approaching 2 p.m.. With the drugged-up kid, and my youngest, who has inherited his mom's strong will and determination Blush, plus the deadly bored teenager, this was a walk in the park. With a grumpy, hungry crocodile on one side, an all-over-the-place, starving puma on the other side, and a grouchy, nagging supervisor behind me! Cool

Edit: I could have run a 50k in that timeframe, and would have been less exhausted...

Earned even more karma points by taking the kids to the creamery for ice cream after all of them had failed their vision tests and received new glasses. Meanwhile, it was 4:30 p.m., all of us still without food since breakfast...

I am just not sure, did I loose some karma points again by allowing the kids to have huge portions, and slyly persuading them to pick the flavors that - what coincidence! - I like best, knowing that they would not finish their ice cream? Blush

Anyway, I think I can live with it. After all, I had to replenish my glycogen stores for tomorrow's FA run, right?

Have a glorious Friday night, everyone!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

FYTC-  that sounds a lot like our typical "outing" w/ only two; but God bless them they are all grown now!  Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

I am just not sure, did I loose some karma points again by allowing the kids to have huge portions, and slyly persuading them to pick the flavors that - what coincidence! - I like best, knowing that they would not finish their ice cream? Blush

isn't this the point of having children?

Funny thing, I did this exact same thing last night at Dairy Queen.

In my book, this makes you an exceptional parent! lots of positive karma points.