Trailer Trash

Wednesday (Read 35 times)

muppy

Tried to do an 8 mile recovery ru, but running just felt so easy I kept going faster, I even went up bike path hill that's 1 1/1 miles long and probably 250 to 300 feet gain.  A few months ago I be happy to have a 10 minute pace on this hill today was  9:10 pace and I wasn't even breathing heavy. Thinking either it's all the miles I've been putting in making me faster or the 40 mph wind was forcing the oxygen down my throat making me faster!

Gator eye, hope you're feeling better soon!

QOTD I moved around for quite a few years and ended up back where I grew up little town next to Hershey PA. It's a country type area and we live on a cul de sac, it's nice and peaceful. However we're still close to everything that we need and most nice running trails are a half-hour to 45 minutes away.

XtremeTaper

Frickin' crazy windy out there but at least it's sunny and there is no snow or ice. I'll take the gsp out for an hour along the lake after work. Hopefully a rogue wave doesn't get us! Heck, the lake might still be frozen. It was last week.

QOTD: There are a lot of trails around here, multiple places that I can go run. I'm not that close to any of them but have 5 or 6 different parks within a 15-30 minutes radius which is good for variety. Plus some nice rail trails (cinder) when I want something faster. Winters generally aren't awful with the exception of this year. Plenty of water too for the dogs where I run.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I ran 4 miles under the stars last night, and it was cold, yet wonderful. It was a strong run, and I could have kept going, but had to get some sleep in, too.

Today is DD's birthday (sweet sixteen), so maybe an after-cake run to make best use of the calories.

QOTD: Easy access to trails, and a variety of terrain. And that it is a small town, yet with a surprisingly metropolitan population. Just forget the latter when you drive 10 miles into the countryside.

Run for fun.

Chnaiur

"SRD" in the middle of  an unstructured get-back-from-sickness week. Just bid on a house and am too emotionally spent to do anything right now.

QOTD: The Bay Area has everything I want: access to great weather, great trails, fresh air, great food, decently close to great skiing, is the global center for my industry. The only thing is that my close family isn't here.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k