Trailer Trash

Twhere is the Tuesdalies? (Read 16 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost 4 this morning.  Wide awake at 5:30 and wanted to get up and pack a bit but the old man was snoring so I laid there waiting for it to be lighter and than....it was 7 am.

QOTD:  Money...I am funny about money.  I have a breaking point.  So today I am trying to decide if I should pay $25 to check a bag or just use a carry on.  If it was $20 ($40 round trip instead of $50) I would do it.  So funny how $5 ($10 is my breaking point).  Does anyone else have a point in which when the price goes above it, even though it is only $5 more you just say no?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Got up early and did 10 before work.  Once again, perfect running weather at 4:45am.  See how positive I am being?  Wink

qotd: I don't know about $5 or $10 bucks, but I always do carry on if I can. If I fly United I have lifetime Gold status and never have to pay the $25 bag fee, but I still carry on when I can.  But agree there are other price breaking points for things where we refuse to pay more, I can't remember any specific items, but the conversation usually goes something like...  "what?, I remember when this thing was only $?.??"  Unfortunately I think this is yet another sign of getting old. 

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

No running today. More work on music room, and giving my knee an extra day rest after playing golf yesterday. We came in 2nd place and made $200 pro shop credit.

QOTD:  All the time. I often balk at prices and then go home and think it over.  I was ready to walk away from a car deal over $250 because I had done my research and had a number that I knew was good. I thought the dealer should give in, and as I was getting up to leave, they agreed to my offer.

When we were in NYC a few weeks back, the hotel had $45 per night parking fee, I said no thanks and found an App for parking and paid $36.  Still a lot to pay just to park your car, but we saved $27 over 3 days and that bough us 2 drinks in NYC.

As far as bags, United Premier member, so no baggage fees, or we fly Southwest.  They are the only 2 airlines that fly direct to Portland, OR, so the only ones we use now due to mileage points.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

19.5 yesterday in the Tetons. Some snowfields still on the Paintbrush side made things a tad precarious near the divide. Sir Edmund would be proud.

A rest day here as I shredded my quads pretty good yesterday.

Sandy- The moose is still hanging around.

At-The Japanese are still there, amazing. Didn't see too many peeps until heading towards Jenny from lake Solitude and then it was horrific. 30 years ago we did that boat ride and day hiked from there but it least we wore hiking shorts and shoes. Unreal the tourons, I tell you.

Qotd-No set figure, just depends what I'm looking at. Sometimes it is just the principle of it all.

Gator eye

Well I didn't do to well on taking more time off, i went to sleep last night thinking about sleeping in and when I woke I found myself in short and running shoes exactly 3 miles away so what could I do? I had to run home for a total of 6.

don't worry none I ll be sure to take weds off

QOTD I'm tight, I have fainting spells and moths fly from my wallet anytime I have to open it. Good thing I have a generous wife.

ok the wife just refers to me as a cheep ass

runtraildc

Hi all. Skipped the gym and any workout yesterday, but am going to meet some folks later for a track workout. We had quite a bit of rain earlier and it's finally clearing. It was flooding rain, not the good running rain. 

qotd: Never pay to check luggage and I roll my eyes when DH does (or more recently, DS).  I learned to pack efficiently as a kid, and honed those skills with work trips over the years.The very rare times we have extra luggage (i.e. skis or camping stuff), we're flying Delta where I don't have to pay baggage fees. Other examples escape me at the moment.

LB2

I ran a little over 4 this morning. It is still oppressively muggy outside, but today was better than it has been for the last week.

QOTD: Oh yes.

LB2

LB2

QOTD:   

When we were in NYC a few weeks back, the hotel had $45 per night parking fee, I said no thanks and found an App for parking and paid $36.  Still a lot to pay just to park your car, but we saved $27 over 3 days and that bough us 2 drinks in NYC.

I don't think there is anything I hate to pay for more than parking a car. It pisses me off beyond belief. The last two times I was in town I got lucky and found parking meters with time left on them: Score!!! I don't go to town much.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got in 5-ish relatively easy trail miles yesterday evening as a recovery run; seems like it might have helped, legs are less sore today

probably a SRD today, saving my energy for Glacier 

the route NH and I had planned is out the window due to trail closure (fire); but we have a couple of backups that should work

qotd: I'm a little frugal with some things, but not so with others i.e. fun stuff- gear, guns, IPA's, etc 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A decent 4+ this morning.  I was awake several times during the night thinking it was time to get up and run.  But I finally fell asleep and my alarm went off in the middle of a dream.  I was close to trying to go back to sleep.  Tonight DD starts soccer season.  Next week it's back to school.  What happened to summer????

NH and Warden - have fun.  Post some pics if you can.

QOTD: I am funny about pricing but I can't put a number to it.  It is about how I value something.  Having said that, I had done my homework on a newer van we wanted to get to replace an aging one earlier this year.  But all that was out the window once we were at the dealership.  It still makes me mad that we likely overpaid a bit.  Oh well - such is life.

Have a great evening.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

5.4 miles around town last night.

QOTD   If we packed properly and efficiently we don't need to check a bag, unfortunately the wife does not do that so we have to pay for it.  I am frugal with myself.  I bought six pairs of running socks at 10 bucks each and I felt guilty about it.  I did get the discount at runners warehouse!  I have no problem spending money on the wife and kids or other people it's just myself.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was talking to a co-worker and said I like to spend $20 on work pants....then I realized I have no problem paying $50 for a pair of running shorts!  I just got 5 new pair of Dam Tough socks at $15 each...so I am cheap and I am not cheap. 

qotd: I'm a little frugal with some things, but not so with others i.e. fun stuff- gear, guns, IPA's, etc 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I was talking to a co-worker and said I like to spend $20 on work pants....then I realized I have no problem paying $50 for a pair of running shorts!  I just got 5 new pair of Dam Tough socks at $15 each...so I am cheap and I am not cheap. 

Yup- that's me too; it's all about priorities! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a nice long (sort of) hike. It was long for DW but not so much for me.  Did 8 miles on nice trail/logging road type terrain. Totally new area for me and I'm going to have to go back before hunting season starts. It's on a mixture of State Game lands and State forest lands and sees steady hunting pressure. Didn't hit some of the area that I wanted to partly because of limiting the miles as to not run DW into the ground and partly because I don't know the area yet. Can't find any maps of the area that will print off so it's just head into the hills with food, water and a compass and ask a deer, bear or rattler for directions if I get lost .

QOTD:  I will use something long after I should just get a new one. Like my Cell phone. It's 5 years old and acts like it's a hundred years old. I'll get one when it dies and then I'll cry about spending anything over $10.00 for it. It that case I'll downgrade my expectations to avoid paying more than I want to. There are many times I do without something just so I don't have to spend any money at all. However, when I do decide to buy something and I have a price point in mind I will spend more then planned if i can be shown the value of paying more.

Right now I'm typing on a computer that is as old as the hills and some days it crashes more then a drunk driver with both hands tied behind their back.  But darn it, I'm not buying a new one until this one totally dies. Just don't want to spend the money.

AT-runner

Tim

If your QOTD is applied to spending on running stuff, then it's more like "screw the cost, how fast can you ship it". 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!