Trailer Trash

Monday (Read 9 times)

runtraildc

Happy Monday, trailers. Busy weekend, great weather and some good miles. Saturday, DH, Chowder and I hiked 5 miles along the creek where I used to run during swim practice. Haven't been there in a while and there were trees still showing great foliage. Yesterday, we went north along the C&O canal to a section we've never been-- the Monocacy Aqueduct. Chowder and I got in 7.5 flat miles. It is such a quiet section and pretty. Also, while not the most exciting, it met my needs for an area I could easily zone out and run, and few people. I need to do some yoga later and some strength work, which I haven't done much with this wrist brace.

qotd: Any streaming or reading recommendations? I finished the new season of 'Unforgotten' (British series/Masterpiece theater). Really liked it, even though Nikola Walker's character was killed off last season. I have a pile of books waiting to be started and yet...

XtremeTaper

Happy Monday. No run yet but it was cold and crisp, mid 20's for the morning dog walk. Bright and sunny though and should be about 50 later today. Plan is to run before sunset, either on the road or local trail.

Weekend was good, took a drive up to the Lehigh River Gorge, went to the Ronoko section where there was a decent waterfall right near the trail. Very scenic in the gorge, but the trail is busy with bikers since it's a flat cinder rail trail along the river. It was nice though, and the dogs received tons of attention. Yesterday, Baker and I ran out at Marsh Creek lake. That is a nice 5 mile loop there, really pretty yesterday in a section where there was a tunnel effect of purple leafed shrubs.

QOTD: We just finished Bosch Legacy season 2 on Free-vee. Sort of our genre. In the midst of one of the Dune prequels right now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I got an early start this morning and was finished with my run by 6:30. I was headed up to the store at 6:35 when I got a text from my neighbor up the road who had shot an 8 point. I left the store, ran home to change clothes, and I headed over there to help him with the deer. It was one of the fattest deer I have ever seen. He is a retired deer biologist and was the head of the entire state wildlife agency for many years, so he has a pretty good idea about what to do for supplemental feeding. The two I killed on the veteran's hunt were quite lean; the acorn crop is horrible here this year.

QOTD: I haven't been into anything streaming-wise or reading lately.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yea! I'm allowed to start jogging again today. Will get out late this morning to see how that goes.

QOTD: Just finished the first of four books in the Practical Magic series by Alice Hoffman. You may be familiar with the movie starring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: I get free books through my Kindle so I have a pile of unread books.  I have had a hard time concentrating so haven't really like to read.  I did spend all day Sunday reading.

Well my 5 minute TM walks are seeming easy so I'm upping to 10! whole minutes this week.

Sandy-2

dhuff - nice job!!

mt - from this weekend, this is from last year, but maybe you should head over to Oregon, seems all the elk headed west.    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-oIxTzfJ-IA

qotd: nothing new lately.

I got up and did 11 mi in the rain this morning. Upper 50s and rain, really good running conditions. Met DW at the gym.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- that may be true! 

dhuffman- great!

5 miles (800') with TE on what is probably too nice of a day for November in Montana

qotd: We watched All the Light We Cannot See- 4 part series on Netflix, based on the Pulitzer Prize novel of the same name- pretty good.  We're watching Gangland on Hulu- true story about an undercover informant that infiltrated several outlaw motorcycle gangs.  It's amazing that this guy is still alive, crazy $hit!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √