Trailer Trash

Welcome fall Monday (Read 19 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

3 miles with 6 x 1:00 fartlek

Sue, I've always enjoyed the fixed time races because I see more runners and have more interaction with them. I'm not real big on running hours at a time without ever seeing another runner, even if the scenery is beautiful. They also simplify the logistics and aid stations are more frequent.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

LB - I did a true road run last week. Felt so hard, but probably because of the increased pace.

I think it had more to do with the heat for me, along with some overstriding. I always do that on the road. Everything hurt after that, but it all seems to have sort of shaken out after I ran this morning.

I just got back from a career day and the Marine recruiter made me do a bunch of ammo can military presses to get a tech shirt. I'll feel that in the morning, but I may start doing those. I have a bunch of ammo cans at home, but most have ammo in them. I may relocate the ammo and fill a can up with rocks. It could be a pretty good workout.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

still battling the flu (day 5, DW day 10), but had to drag myself into work- an “all hands on deck” affair

qotd: 166*

*14 miles with a 80-100-ish lbs 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

There's one in June I was thinking of doing.  At least it's 6 mile loop in the woods.

3 miles with 6 x 1:00 fartlek

Sue, I've always enjoyed the fixed time races because I see more runners and have more interaction with them. I'm not real big on running hours at a time without ever seeing another runner, even if the scenery is beautiful. They also simplify the logistics and aid stations are more frequent.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

XT - Yikes, sorry to hear about the gout.  Hope you get better soon!

LB2 - What the heck are "ammo can military presses"?  I have one ammo can, and I can't think of what I could do with it for a lifting exercise without the handle being an annoyance.

warden - Sorry you and Mrs warden are still hit with the flu.  Get well soon!

Sue - 6 mile loop?  Sheeezzz..... it's gotta be like a mile or mile and a half loop to be fun.  Especially with beer.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LB2

LB2 - What the heck are "ammo can military presses"?  I have one ammo can, and I can't think of what I could do with it for a lifting exercise without the handle being an annoyance.

You have to hold it sideways with the handle facing away from you. It takes a lot of reps, and I have dumbbells, but it was a pretty good little change from the dumbbells.

LB2

Sandy-2

You have to hold it sideways with the handle facing away from you. It takes a lot of reps, and I have dumbbells, but it was a pretty good little change from the dumbbells.

You guys better watch out, you're a few tire flips and rope wavy things away from turning into CrossFit junkies.  

tbd.

LB2

You guys better watch out, you're a few tire flips and rope wavy things away from turning into CrossFit junkies.  

You could be right. Clearly, you went to the top of the mountain recently and came back with more wisdom and insight.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

You could be right. Clearly, you went to the top of the mountain recently and came back with more wisdom and insight.

And a shiny new belt buckle.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Congratulations Sandy on the Bear !

A little Fall color from yesterday , Molybdenite Canyon Eastern Sierra .

moonlightrunner

Congratulations, Sandy!

You all have impressive monthly totals. I just started using Strava so I can start keeping track.

Day off today...unless I feel better later. I am coming down with the latest version of the "Office Plague" and I have a nasty headache. I really should get out to run. None this weekend, but lots of paddle boarding.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Lol. Congrats again, Sandy!

LB, I done even know what an ammo can is. And I’m okay with that.

Re timed races, I like Bert-o’s approach. Otherwise not really my cup of tea.

Wardrn, moonlight — sorry the crud has struck. Hopefully you’re getting it out of the way early.

QOTD: 168 miles. I didn’t think this was a great month so I’m happy I got that many.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

GC100k

See you Sunday, Jess and I just signed up for Blues Cruise (who the hell signs up for a 50K with 5 days notice?). Now I'll have to find all of my swag from previous years. .

Weather looks like 80° with high humidity. Great.

Bert? you need a Fall race, this is a fun one with great AS's.

The Scranton forecast has gone up 20 degrees since I first started stalking the weather for this Sunday's Steamtown marathon. Still doesn't look too bad: upper 70s by mid day, 60s early morning. Didn't notice until yesterday that the race starts at 8, which seems kinda late for a marathon, but they have to bus the runners 45 min to the start.

Blues Cruise is on my list for some day.

QOTD: 157 with some tapering.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

valerie - Beautiful pic (as always).  They never seem real.

moonlight - Who do I search for if I want to stalk you on Strava?  I'm pretty easy....  Bert Lineker.

Gatsby - Nicely done for the month!

GC - I suppose that's not great, but not terrible on Sunday's weather forecast.  Things can still change... fingers crossed!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours