Trailer Trash

weekend edition (Read 22 times)

Sandy-2

Nice job PADRunner, I did see some Tejas Trails FB posts that it was run.

Conditions during my run this morning were a little worse than yesterday. More rain and squalls today. Plus the water in the flooded parts was deeper.  That spot that I went .25 mi in knee deep water yesterday I got there today and when it was waist deep I turned around and went around it. Did 20 mi today. Soggy again. But still better conditions than our usual hot and humid crud.

Fortunately where our house is located is higher ground and we are ok. The local rain gauge recorded 15in in the last 24 hours, but we hardly have any puddles on our street and the local bayou (drainage ditch) is only 1/4 full.  Obviously that isn't the case for others around here.  They haven't put out a request for people to help out yet but I'm ready - unfortunately I don't have a boat though.

Stay safe PADRunner and LB2.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

5.1 easy miles of running with some walking.  Trying to run until the leg starts to hurt then walk to let it calm down.  I'm thinking I'll have to spend a lot of my time on the bike unless I can get to some trails where the impact is softer.

PADrunner - Glad to hear Harvey didn't impact you too badly, it looks like the coast is getting pounded.

Sandy - Actually I wasn't expecting to hear from you for awhile. Figured you were probably without power even if you weren't flooded out.

Dd - How did you sleep after your caloric BK overload trip?

Sleep?????  After that it was back to the station to start working on charts with our new EHR.  We just switched to a new one in July  so I know somewhat what you are going to be going through. The one we just switched to is a lot better then the old one but still has too many flaws and idiosyncrasies to suit me, and some of the flaws are just stupid stuff.  Not quite sure why we can't design better products these days. And  then when I did get a chance to take a nap the station siren went off for another house fire. Since it was several valleys away and they were just dispatching for a ladder truck we didn't have to go but it ruined my nap.  And on top of that yet another family totally lost a house. Been a lot of fires like that in this area recently.

Sandy-2

AT, Fortunately we still have power. Here's a photo I just took of our driveway, notice the downspouts and rain bouncing off the road and roofs. Fortunately we have good drainage.  Been raining like this for 2 days and it keeps coming.

Sandy - Actually I wasn't expecting to hear from you for awhile. Figured you were probably without power even if you weren't flooded out.

tbd.

LB2

I ran a tempo run Friday after work. I ran 10 Saturday morning, slow. I ran 13 this morning, fast.

Sandy - Was worried about you and your area. Rain totals look insane. Hope Burke is not having any issues form inland storm.

I'm fine, just muggy as crap.

QOTD: I plan on getting a new truck in mid-October. I need a 4 door, four wheel drive.

LB2

PADRunner

Stay safe PADRunner and LB2.

I'm back in DFW. We're expecting some  rain for the next week from the remnants but no flooding.

Sandy-2

I plan on getting a new truck in mid-October. I need a 4 door, four wheel drive.

LB2, I was just at the gas station, this looks to be a popular truck around here at the moment. 

tbd.

Gatsby - surgery has nothing to do with you balls, does it?

Heh, no, balls are in DH's closet.  Did I mention that they smell good?  Hoping their fresh scent works some magic in there.

Mt Warden, nice hill repeats!

Where's Queen?

Have seen lots of scary stuff about Harvey.  Hoping for the best for all trailers in that vicinity.

5.1 miles today, 25.5 for the week.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm visiting the family in Michigan and I shoukd have plenty of time to run but just hasn't happened.  That's ok, the folks are no spring chickens so sitting around chatting is ok. Well that's what I tell myself.  Returning to CA tomorrow.

Qotd:  nothing I haven't said before retirement and house up for sale and who knkws after that.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄