Trailer Trash

Figuring it Out Friday (Read 20 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am still scratching me head trying to figure out the ES100 debacle.  Strange situation only made worse because of a weird statement about being charged $1.50 for emailing the RD.  Marie - the RD is different now.  I know you commented about having the previous RD's email.  Now it's the same guy that puts on Montour 24 hour, World's End 100k and I believe the new Black Forrest 100k (but don't quote me on that last one).

I did run last night.  Felt ok.  I am back at the chiro today - we'll see how it goes.

QOTD: Have you ever been signed up for a race that cancelled on you? How did you react? If not, how do you think you would react?

My first ultra cancelled back in 2011 due to major flooding.  We did not get a refund.  I was mad but I understood why the race cancelled. I would think there may be a way to get insurance for cancelled races? Maybe RDs could offer that as an extra fee.   I cannot imagine it costing too much per person for it.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Ran a bit yesterday but nothing great.  No run today planned.  Heading to Philly tomorrow to see Paul Simon concert.  Might stop at Marsh Creek or Fairmont Park on our way down for a run before checking into hotel.  Cheese steak and then the concert.

ES100 -  I added a new thread. Looks like they lost their emergency communication lead person.

My view last night from a Brewery that 2 miles from mu house. (Too close)

One of the last remaining Round Barns in PA, and a nice Vienna Lager (like a red lager).

QOTD:  Only the Sole Challenge, but we had plenty of warning before he closed up.  First year I did Seneca Creek 50K, there was flooding and they decided to just add to the course instead of cancelling, so it was almost 35 miles. No one complained about the bonus miles, even though some were almost like bushwhacking.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Cheese steak and then the concert.

Don't you mean cheesecake?   Enjoy Paul Simon!

Dr Jamie - Glad to hear some improvement.  Fingers crossed for you.

QOTD:  No cancelled races for me.  I remember when the NYC marathon was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy.  It was cancelled only days before the race, so that would have been a bit of a disappointment, if I traveled from who knows where and paid who knows how much to get there.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

Don't you mean cheesecake?   Enjoy Paul Simon!

NY is for Cheesecake, Philly is for Cheesesteak.  When in Rome...

I'm a provolone fan, so it's usually Geno's for us.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I'm a provolone fan, so it's usually Geno's for us.

OK, we are on the same page then! 

3/17 - NYC Half

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice 4 mile run yesterday evening with Tiny Elvis- 70 degrees with a breeze- nice!

another 4 miles or the gym to lift, haven’t decided

Im going to try and get a 12 mile loop in at night this weekend, don’t want any surprises the following weekend

qotd: no, but a few I’ve participated in I wish had been canceled 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I'll be running after work today. It may rain so that'll cool things off a bit...  hope so.

I'll have a cheesesteak with cheese cake for desert - than a nap please.

qotd: haven't had a race that I was in cancelled.  I did have to wait an extra year to do Western States due to wildfires since I was on the old 'three time loser list' (that was the old rule that if you lost in the lottery three times you got in).  Speaking of wildfires the 416 and the Burro Fire just north of Durango are really sad.  They could also cause the cancellation of Hardrock this year.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Ran 12 on the roads this morning. We had a pretty good T-storm roll thru in early morning hours and I just wasn't in the mood for dealing with mud and bugs so this was kind of a break. Actually felt good to get a continuous turnover going for an extended stretch.

Now getting things ready for leaving for Utah first thing in the morning. I have one epic mountain run planned mid week and then doing the Wahsatch steeplechase 17 miler next weekend. Might as well add Utah to my list of states I've done an event in since DD lives there. I think that will make 24. If I see Kelly there I'll be sure to say hi for everyone. 

QOTD--luckily never. I do understand the cost involved to put on an event and the usual no refund policy but still think some consideration is due the entrants. Maybe a huge credit for next years run?? Something anyway.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Now getting things ready for leaving for Utah first thing in the morning. I have one epic mountain run planned mid week and then doing the Wahsatch steeplechase 17 miler next weekend.

That race looks fun!

3/17 - NYC Half

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 6.4 this am.  Plan was to bring the dogs home and drive up the road a bit and add another 18?  Got home ate a bagel and said f5ck it.

QOTD:  No..of course I would be bummed..especially if it was something major like a 100 miler.  But what can you do?  Find another around that time or just move on.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My suggestion is to look around the outhouses. 

. I think that will make 24. If I see Kelly there I'll be sure to say hi for everyone. 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Ran 6.4 this am.  Plan was to bring the dogs home and drive up the road a bit and add another 18?  Got home ate a bagel and said f5ck it.

No beer for you today. 

Yeah, I can't split up a run like that and not expect to bail.  Too much temptation.  Sure it was a bagel and not a doughnut?  They look pretty much exactly the same. 

3/17 - NYC Half

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It was a cinnamn raisin bagel with honey walnut cream cheese; so ya it was a dounut.   As the no beer gor me; that's ok I'll have a vidka and cranberry tonight! 

No beer for you today. 

Yeah, I can't split up a run like that and not expect to bail.  Too much temptation.  Sure it was a bagel and not a doughnut?  They look pretty much exactly the same.