Trailer Trash

The Flying Fridaily (Read 26 times)

Sandy-2

Last run in London this morning, at least on this trip anyway. A really nice crisp morning, about 35 deg. Headed east along the Thames today, round trip was 10 miles.  Lots of runner out today.

Then a big hotel breakfast, and now I'm on my way to the airport for the flight back to K-land. I don't get there until tomorrow sometime, so that I'll be a SRD.

Happy Friday everyone!!!

qotd:  I got nothin.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- a little change posting first vs last Smile

had a nice run yesterday evening; weather is too nice- as much as I like 50's, we need moisture and some cooler temps- too early for this weather

strength training this evening

qotd: weekend plans?  nothing too exciting here- long run Saturday, possible snowshoe trip Sunday

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

6 miles on the roads this morning. Only got 1/2 inch of snow but broke out the screw shoes.

QOTD We have a funeral today, all you can eat pancakes breakfast at a church tomorrow morning and I work on Sunday. I do plan to watch some of House of cards sometime, it was released today!

LB2

I have been sort of busy this week. I did get out for 7 miles after work yesterday. I ran a modified loop from my normal 5.66 road run. I cut through a powerline, hit a trail, made a loop, spooked a big gobbler out of a tree at 4:45 PM. I think I can hunt that place, almost totally legally. I'm not sure exactly where the property line is, but it's close enough during the middle of the week. I think it is on the place I can hunt, but I'll make sure before I do anything with a gun.

QOTD: Taking a guy early in the morning to see if we can hear a turkey gobble on his property. Then, I have some yard work to do. Then, I plan to head back to town to see the election returns come in for the town election. I am not running, but I have taken a particular interest in who my successor will be and who will be sitting on the council. It is sort of silly for me to be concerned about it, but I don't want to see what I have worked so hard to accomplish for the last 8 years go down the tubes because someone wants to take it back to the way things used to be. It used to be really bad; I have managed to get us to just bad. Actually, financially, we are in great shape, but it takes generations to change the mindset of people who have a very narrow view of the world. I was running late yesterday to sign payroll. Most of the town employees were standing around waiting for me. I told them, "Hey, this is first time I have laid eyes on ya'll in 7 years. What do ya'll want?" They all laughed and then told me that if "that dude" wins mayor they are all quitting when I leave office in December. I told them they had the power to decide who their next boss was; go vote. I'm more nervous than when I was running, though.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Took a couple days off from running as I just felt it was needed. Ready to go today and am hoping for around 10 or so on the roads out from my cabin. Got here last night for a long weekend. Supposed to get 2"-4" later this afternoon so hopefully I'll get out before that starts.

weather is too nice- as much as I like 50's, we need moisture and some cooler temps- too early for this weather

Yeah Warden, I'm with you. I enjoy an early spring back in Madison but when I'm up here this is very concerning. Early March and we'll be in the 50's next week here and there is only about 16" of snow on the ground. Usually we have at least twice that amount and don't hit 50F until the end of the month. Somebody should maybe look into this trend. 

DW "suggested" that maybe I should look into getting a real job again so I'm thinking there will probably be an executive position opening up with the Marriott hotel chain real soon.  That dude is example A of the Peter principal.

QOTD--I'm up at the shack into Monday so after I get some lumberjack stuff done there will be some running and snowshoeing. Maybe with some fresh snow the skiing will be OK but might be getting too warm. I never get bored.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today for me. Have some good mileage already for the week, so not sure if I'll run long or not tomorrow. Might be one of those "decide on the fly" runs.

Sandy - every time I run in a busy city with a lot of other runners, I run way too fast, like it's a race or something. I try to slow down, but always think "I can catch that guy".

Warden - how much snow do you still have?

Muppy - I have several people that told me I would like House of Cards. I'm terrible at keeping up with shows.

LB2 - I've never been in politics, but can totally see you'd be concerned about what you've done.  Enjoy the rest of your Lame Duck time in office.

NH - NOOOO, not a real job. Don't do it. What was that Marriott guy thinking, and who hates him so much that they tweeted about it right away.

QOTD: We have a fundraiser / silent auction tomorrow night at the college. Black Tie event. Had to dust off the tux and it still fits, so that's a good thing.  DW has been choosing dressed all week. Man it's so much easier being a dude when it comes to dressing up. Other than that, some yard work and running.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

LB2 - I've never been in politics, but can totally see you'd be concerned about what you've done.  Enjoy the rest of your Lame Duck time in office.

Someone told me the other day to "Duck Off!!" I guess that is what they meant, unless I misunderstood what they actually said.

LB2

NHLA

6 miles around the mt. Chilly.

qotd  Don't know if I running trails or Band Aid 8k.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had a nice little misty 7 this morning.  The big one is coming in tomorrow or so they say.  It's a warm one so far.  Gym at lunch.

QOTD:  Unsure whether the old man will be gone tomorrow and I will do my online traffic school or if he stays and we go bowling, shuffle board, pool, lunch and movie with friends...which is a perfect rainy day marathon.

AT:  I always run too fast in the city.   hate city running.  Plus when I am in the city I don't know where I am going so I can never get into a nice relaxed mod.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work today. This is one of the rarer shifts where I'll get off at 6 pm. That should allow for a short run tonight but my legs are so stiff and sore from the past several runs that I'll probably just do a easy session on the trainer.  I know I didn't run for about two weeks but I shouldn't be hobbling like a old man, considering that my longest run has only been 8 miles.

QOTD: Have a bunch of stuff to catch up on around the house and some computer based job related training that I need to do. Really going to try to get up on the mountain both days. It'd nice to get in two back to back runs of 10 miles or more.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden - how much snow do you still have?

around town and the lower hills around town, it's all but gone; the mountains are faring a little better, but it's shrinking there too- much too quickly, a couple of good heavy/wet dumps would put us back close to normal- without out that and continued warm we'll be looking at low river flows and most likely a protracted fire season 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet. Deciding if I want to run tonight or super early tomorrow.  Got a long days tomorrow with the boys.  We'll see.

QOTD: See above, otherwise same stuff as normal - school work, house/yard work, etc.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

bagge_pants

talk about a recovery week for me - ran my first 2 miles today. probably 9:30 pace on an icey and muddy park field

QOTD: no weekend plans just working but I did make plans for May - going to be working and living on Catalina Island for a few weeks, so that will feel like an extended weekend