Trailer Trash

Thursdallies (Read 18 times)

muppy

I ran 7.2 miles last night so I would have 170 for the month of January. Broke my heart when I figured out it was already February!

QOTD Favorite color?

I would have to say tie die followed by burgundy.

LB2

I just ran a quick little out and back for 2 miles this morning. I am taking off tomorrow, so I'll run about 6 or 7 in the morning.

QOTD: It varies. Today, it is red, a dark, deep, rich red.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4.5 miles on the treadmill with some strides thrown in; had to wait for a treadmill so got a light strength session in- I put 135 on the bench and it felt better than a week ago, so that's good

probably 5-ish on the treadmill this evening; -7 here this morning- just a brutal long winter for us

qotd: grey and orange in equal amounts- and absent that black

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Today, I ran 6 on the trails.

Yesterday, I was In DC all day for a funeral for my 91 to great aunt. Nice catching up with relatives, and in typical Irish style, we finished at a bar at National Harbor.  Traffic home reminded me of why I don't live in DC anymore.

Happy Groundhog's Day! Warden, this is for you.

When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney Montana and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter.

QOTD: Blue, no arrrrgh

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Ended up doing 7 last evening.  Today I'm going to do 5 after work.  By the way the glasses place fixed me up and didn't charge anything, took 5 minutes and they even cleaned the lenses.  

So... all you PA folks, what did Phil say today?  If Phil was down in these parts, since we had 78 deg yesterday I think he would have been in a bathing suit.

qotd: Blue, but it does change at times.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Phil wouldn't see anything here, he would look like a furry pop sickle 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

So... all you PA folks, what did Phil say today?  If Phil was down in these parts, since we had 78 deg yesterday I think he would have been in a bathing suit.

3 years and 11 1/2 more months of a long winter. Oh wait, that was the Washington Post's prediction. 

Phil said 6 more weeks and he's been right 39% of the time (according to Weather Underground).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Packed a nice lunch for last evening at work and ended up eating..................a bag of nuts . The day shift crew was the same way, just too busy to eat. The one good thing is that helps with the weight loss .

Have some paperwork to finish up then I'll try to head out for around 6 miles on the road. There's some lake effect type snow blowing through so that has the potential to drop a bunch and mess up those plans in which case I'll just go on the TM, trainer and elliptical, 30 min each.

I saw the picture of Phil this morning on Accuweather. At first I took his look to be a snarky one, full of contempt for us humans who have to remain above ground dealing with winter. Made me want to collect the shotgun and go have a discussion with him about that . Then I realized that the poor rodent was just genuinely pissed off because a bunch of @#$&%!! humans were pulling him out of his warm burrow on a cold winter morning and putting words in his mouth on a subject that he cared nothing about . I'd be giving them the "look" too .

If a robin sighting means that spring is around the corner what does it mean when my Blue Birds show up en mass for a family reunion at the condo. Think I had at least 8-10 here this morning.  Then a few sparrows showed up and a nice good old fashioned  rumble ensued. Sparrows got their butts kicked.

QOTD: Used to be red. Sometimes it's orange or a medium blue. I really like my burgundy colored car.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 4 this morning...in the rain. (pats herself on the back). Neighbors trash cans were dumped so appears the beer is hanging closer to home.  Going to gym at lunch to make up for yesterday.

SPRING:  There are a lot of moths flying around and on my long run yesterday I saw some daffodils. Some of my Rhodesians are blooming.   

QOTD: Greens...and browns...and blues...grey too...natural colors.  I use to HATE purple...now starting to like it.  So I think the color thing changes as we do.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Hummm i see someone has a hard time makong up their mind. ^

6 this morning

Red is my favorite right after forest green

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It irritates me when someone asks a question that only has one answer and they have to go into a story...  except when I do it.

Hummm i see someone has a hard time makong up their mind. ^

6 this morning

Red is my favorite right after forest green

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

so appears the beer is hanging closer to home.  

that sounds OK to me 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Time pressed today, but I had a nice 5 miler at lunchtime on the trails on Monocacy Hill. I have not run there in several months. It was sort of nice, and I had the place to myself. Usually this place is a mud-pit in the winter in several places but too bad this year.

QOTD: It depends on context. Green like the forest in PA during spring or early summer, or the aquamarine color of clear Caribbean seas or the springs down in FL. In the fall, bright orange, so I stick out like a sore thumb in the woods.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

Rest day today. DW is giving me that why don't you do something look.

qotd  red

runtraildc

rest day here, too. Went to the gym and had a sub for yoga. Usually this doesn't work well for me, but this guy was good. I hope he could get a regular class.

qotd: red, dark green, sometimes dark blues and greys.