Trailer Trash

Long weekend thread better late than never (Read 10 times)

NorthernHarrier

Well I'm around anyway. I'd click into here a couple times and see nuthin' happening. Everyone is gone or busy which is good. Yesterday I ran mile intervals on the bike path with a total of 9 miles. Other than weights this morning I just finished putting my piers in and hung a TV in the garage. Mosquitoes are vicious and there are tourons everywhere. Perfect and unreal weather for us for Memorial wknd. I will go mountain biking tomorrow evening once most of the peeps head back south. That's my world. 

QOTD--what's happening in your world?

runtraildc

Hi trailers— unreal weather here too. Got in 4 miles yesterday, then been working on the yard project since.  I have developed a great appreciation for bricklayers and masons. 

qotd: unreal spring weather. We’ve had the AC on briefly only a couple of times so far.  Thinking about a club race in the morning but I really need to go further so might just run on my own.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The QOTD seems like a good place to update what I've been doing, which isn't much.  I slipped back into a-fib after D3 and training has been a slog since then.  I tried a tempo run last week and couldn't hold the effort for more than 2:00.  I was already committed to running What the Duck 12-Hour as part of a team, so I mostly walked almost 20 miles before calling it a day.  The soonest I could get an appointment with my cardiologist was June 8th.  I'm sure I'll have several options available, hopefully at least one that will let me resume training normally.  I still plan to "run" the 12-hour at Six Days in the Dome, since I've also committed to volunteering there after my race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Kinda lazy, but then a bit busy doing chores and errands at times too.  I took a SRD on Saturday and then ran 6 mi both Sunday and today.

qotd: typical stuff going on around here. Humid and getting a lot hotter. Kids finished up school on Friday and the roads and restaurants were packed, but then it quieted down over the weekend. I think the airports were crazy though.

tbd.