Trailer Trash

Yard Sale Weekender (Read 15 times)

Sandy-2

Our little section of town has a community Yard Sale and it turns out it’s today. So we put some things out at the end of the driveway (some small weights, a sit-up bench, a chair, etc.), why not? So far I made $10 bucks!!  

I got up early, before the yard sale, and did 12 miles. A bit cooler today, but very humid and foggy.

DD is doing some horse rides this weekend (25 today and 25 tomorrow) so I may go out there later. I’ll miss today’s ride, but I can camp out tonight and then watch her ride tomorrow. I can also get a run in on the trails, have 10 scheduled for tomorrow. We’ll see.

qotd: any good garage sale stories, sold or bought?  Once up in NJ our town was having a community thing and we put some stuff out. But my DW put a for sale sign on our old car that we were thinking about selling, she ended up selling to some guy, got a decent price too.  Best garage sale ever.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Finally had a real nice spring day yesterday with lots of sun-melted a little of our snowpack. Today will be a 15 miler on the roads after lunch. Once we hit over 30F I will wear shorts. Finished some weights and core a few minutes ago so now just chillin' for a bit.

XT--thanks for the tip on a nice looking park to check out. It'll be awhile before I get out there but looking forward to it. Runtrail is gonna show me Rock creek one of these days too which will also be cool.

Sandy--have fun on the mini campout.

QOTD--nothing unusual on the garage sale thing but when we were getting our house cleaned out to sell and move up here I would set all kinds of things at the end of the drive and it was amazing watching that stuff disappear.

runtraildc

Slow start to today, it being wet and cold outside. But managed to get a spring training plan drafted with some races fit in. I need some structure to my running as it's been pretty loosey-goosey for a while now.  And will meet a friend shortly for an easy 5. Rain is finally clearing and it will warm up.

Harrier-- did you see any northern lights this week? Saw some pics from northern MN from Thursday night and it looked to be a spectacular show.

qotd: Not yard sale, but thrift store-- found a custom framed, signed original print from a favorite artist for $12.  It makes me happy on so many levels.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles (800') with my wife and Tiny Elvis; little more snow rolling in for the next couple of days.

qotd: years ago we had a garage sale at DW's Mom's house; DW's Dad had passed several years earlier and left a ton of stuff behind.  My MIL was not happy about the garage sale a bit (lived through the Depression where you didn't dare get rid of anything).  As the sale went on (and the money started rolling in ) she slowly started to get into it and pretty soon was leading the way as #1 salesperson, telling everyone bits and pieces about each item and what a good bargain everything was! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Should run later but we got 8 inches of heavy snow so it ain't going to be easy.  Helped my friend cook pies for her church this morning.  I dropped a blueberry pie that landed on an apple pie .  I said well guess she won't ask me next year but was told by the other volunteers no one is ever fired.  

qotd:  my husband does antiques so many good junk stories...here's one I like...A guy picking though trash finds a toy race car, sells it for $5, and that person sales it for $250, then it's sold for $5000 and finally $10,000 all in one week.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Finally getting over the latest bug. Not much running this week but managed 8 easy miles today. 

QOTD: yard sales went away with Covid and really haven’t made a comeback. Now, the preferred way of disposing of stuff is to leave it at the curb. Sometimes with a “curb alert” post on Next Door or the local buy-nothing FB page.  We’ve gotten some great stuff that way: teak yard furniture, a set of Henckels knives in a wooden block. Possibly people are too lazy to deal with selling it. Or, IMO, the socio-economic demographic that has moved into this area in recent years can afford to give away good sh*t.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

7 miles (1300') in 3-5" of fresh snow with Tiny Elvis- no sign of Spring here

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

DD’s Sunday ride fell through so she came home and obviously I didn’t go out to the ride.  Then I ended up not running today. Back and hip needed an extra day’s rest.

tbd.