Trailer Trash

Run the Weekender (Read 15 times)

runtraildc

Cold, windy and a beautiful sunny day here.  Got in just over 5 with the running group. Slow start and fast uphill finish.

qotd: What's for Sunday (or Saturday) dinner? I got some corned beef yesterday and older DS is interested in fixing it for dinner tomorrow. He was not so excited on what google suggested as side dishes (boiled cabbage and potatoes) so I think he's coming up with another (spicier) plan. Not a huge corned beef fan, but I'll eat it once a year and it'll provide leftovers for sandwiches for the guys.

AT-runner

Tim

Winter switch has been turned back on.  Cool crisp morning for a run.  Snow storm foretasted for Monday night into Tuesday. Calling for a pretty good storm, so looks like possible a White St. Patrick's Day.

Long run tomorrow after we lose an hour of sleep.

Where's Muppy been? Don;t think we've heard from him since his honeymoon trip. Hope all is well.

Also, I saw John M's FB page is gone. Both his personal and his Run Gently Out There pages are not active. Hope it was a family decision and not FB's.  He had some great stuff on his sites, and I went looking for an old article that he had posted. It reminded me of when RWOL dumped all the old content and we lost all that history. Very sad.

QOTD:  Calling out for pizza tonight.  Had Fish and Chips (and a few Smithwick's) last night at the Irish Pub.  DC - you should save the corned beef until Friday since it's a traditional St. Paddy's meal.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work.  Ambulances are fairly busy today but the busiest person in the county is the deputy coroner who is on. A lot of people waking up dead or falling over dead and we aint  saving no one  it seems .  So there is your public safety announcement for the day; stay out of this county .

SORE from yesterday's gym workout.  It was only two weeks that I was away from the gym but my squats really, really hurt and my bench press was way down. Other stuff was still pretty good.   Won't get in any run today since I'm on a 24 hour shift so I'll go outside and walk around in circles to get some exercise in.

I knew it was awhile since Muppy had checked in. Hope everything is OK.  Also was thinking about Blarg and Jonfer the other day. Both of them haven't been around in quite awhile.

I haven't ever been on John's FB page but it's a shame for it to be taken down if It had a lot of his writing on it.

QOTD: Today it will probably be Subway since I didn't pack anything except some fruit. Picked up two small egg salad sandwiches for lunch and also had a donut that my partner bought for me and I didn't feel like I could refuse.   If I have the energy I'll probably make some eggs for tomorrow evening, if not it will be another night of Subway.

NHLA

Shamrock 10k  1st AG  54.49  That is one tough course.

They had the best after race food ever. Some type of south american dish. Looked like a potatoe pankake with jimica and carrots inside  topped with fish and veggies. I am going to figue out how to make them.

qotd  spaghetti pie. Great comfort food. We have made this many times.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothng but. i will run tomorrow....

qotd:  food... That's what we do hood here.  I had a yummy seafood soap last night.... Poco Taco's tonight.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Spent the day prepping and then laying our nice new flooring in our basement.  I should finish tomorrow.  I nice chilly 3 under a brilliant moon.

QOTD: Not sure...

Have a good night/Sunday.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Marin Ultra Challenge 50k today, in the headlands north of the Golden Gate Bridge.  6:33, a PR for me.  Best of all, my feet were not wet and muddy like every other race I've done this year.

NHLA, nice AG win!

Picked up a nice juicy burger on the way home.  Tomorrow is too far away to know what might be consumed,  I need to hit the grocery store tomorrow, maybe something will inspire me there.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NHLA

Gatsby  Congrats!!  Way to go.  When mom and dad went on vacation ( without us 5 kids )

They would flip a coin. If mom won New York. If dad won San Fran.

AT-runner

Tim

NHLA - congratulations on the AG win.

Gatsby - congratulations on the PR.  A burger is a great way to start the recovery.

Gatsby  Congrats!!  Way to go.  When mom and dad went on vacation ( without us 5 kids )

They would flip a coin. If mom won New York. If dad won San Fran.

Being an SF native, I must say your dad was a wise man.    A shot from about 7 miles in yesterday:

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Daydreamer1

Crawled out of bed with every intention of going for a 5 mile run.  The mind said go, the body said stay. Since it's supposed to be mind over matter the mind should have won.  Body 1, mind 0 . There's always tomorrow.

NHLA

4 miles  Long Rock  Perfect snow. Melted by 3:00 pm

Great shot Gatsby  damn that fog out there is thick.

AT-runner

Tim

16+ on lightly snow covered trails. Wind was pretty strong even deep in the woods. DW had a great day and was one behind me most of the way.

Gatsby, the Golden Gate Bridge is like the top of Mt. Washington for me; I've been to both twice and never really seen either.

LB2

Not much in the way of running this weekend. It was 3.25 running yesterday and 4.25 hiking today. Mind is starting to drift toward turkey season. It opens on the 25th here, and I don't know what to expect: new places.

QOTD: I cooked burgers last night. We had a frozen pizza this evening. This time has me a little off, but I'll get used to it soon.

LB2

Sandy-2

Crazy busy weekend, plus some naps.  Naps to try to catch up on sleep since I slept like crap all last week (perhaps a bit of jet lag too).

Congrats to both NHLA and Gatsby!!!!

I took a SRD on Sat and then did 15 mi this morning.  Extra dark for the first 9 or 10 mi this morning due to DST.

Qotd: ended up going out both days first to a steak place than to a Mexican place.  Tonight's dinner wasn't planned, but we got stuck out too late and went to an old standby place that's pretty good.

tbd.