Trailer Trash

Tempo Tuesday (Read 32 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on a few miles in the evening.

QOTD: I don't even remember. 

Oh, wait it was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the old movie) at the Movie on the Mountain (an open-air show).

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Jon:  Glad you stopped back in...you have been going through a lot of changes in the last few years..it's got to take it's toll on you.  You can always come here for a boost of support.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

Jon: I've been to that place, and having been there once there's no telling whether I'll end up there again. Even if there are things you can point to in the moment it's just not something you can make sense of. I think it's great and courageous that you decided to bring it up, and that hard work? Sooo worth it. My best to you, brother.

mta: You've seen this amazing video of Rob Krar talking about his struggles, I hope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSQUXTiTa0M

So last night's mud run was *excellent*, a real old school XC event (a trail race, not a run over some golf course) with all of the positivity and family friendliness that that brings. It was a gorgeous evening and there was enough mud for it to be fun while still allowing for some fast running. Lots of rollers. There were a bunch of fast youngsters out there but myself and a few other 'old' guys managed to hold our own. 16th OA, 1st in group, 23 something for 6k.

Today brought a very easy 7 on the home trails. Almost all of the big loop is runnable now. It took awhile to loosen up, but it was fun at the end.

Daydreamer1

Spent the day up on the mountain for 24 miles. Some of it went good, some didn't.  This will be my last long run before Call of The Wilds. Had a good interaction with some horse people. They had a couple of easily spooked horses. Apparently they were new horses so they actually wanted me to interact with the horses to show them I was OK.

Jon - Glad you're back. Sorry to hear about the depression.  I deal with it every now and then. Last summer was pretty bad. Sometimes there's a trigger, sometimes it doesn't seem like there is.

QOTD:  What are these movie and theater things you speak of ?  Actually my whole family loves movies while I couldn't care less about them. DW has wanted to watch Titantic with me. It's never happened.  Three years ago DS actually got me to go to see Man of Steel with him. It was down in San Antonio after he graduated from Basic Training.

moonlightrunner

No run today. I unexpectedly had to work late tonight.

Jon: I've struggled with depression for years. Anti depressants helped me to know how it felt to live without the co,stant heavy weight of depression smothering me. I hopeyoufind a way out and feel good again soon.

Qotd: I rarely go to movies.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

mta: You've seen this amazing video of Rob Krar talking about his struggles, I hope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSQUXTiTa0M

I am glad you shared that. I had no idea. I realized a couple of things in this video:

1. I don't have depression

2. I think I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder because it was driving me crazy that he was running with that water bottle in his waist band!!!

Just kidding about those two things, but that video was great on so many levels. Thanks.

On a serious note, my mom and dad struggled with depression at times. We used to always joke, "Gee, Dad, we just thought you were an asshole." It is funny looking back on it. But I know one man who had severe issues with it who got to the point that they sat in a room with a pistol ready to end it all. Thank God that guy didn't do that. That man has gone on to help many people get help with depression. And, of course, my daughter went through a fairly serious situation last year. Thank God that worked out for the best. She is doing great, now.

So, Jon, hang in there because it will get better. Who knows? Maybe something someone posted on here will touch a nerve in a positive way and help. If nothing else, I think it is very helpful to know that everyone deals with this on some level.

LB2