running under the BigSky

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

a big plus one!

That's a lot of work. Looks nice.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Back on Mt Joy today for 5.1 miles. It was slow and agonizing.

qotd: I guess you would describe my approach as more holistic or top down. I start with the goal and then see what has to be done and in what order given my starting point.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

Had to get up early this morning to travel to the southeastern part of the state for an appointment. While in the area we went to Shady Maple smorgasbord for breakfast. Thought I was going to get thrown out . Inadvertently got between a rather large lady and the buffet line while discussing with DW what I wanted to get . I got the "look" so I just gave ground and went to the other side. I may be a brave man and will face down a bear or rattler, but I've learned it's just best to give ground when at the buffet line with "chubby" people .

Got up too early so now I'm exhausted. Gonna relax and wait for the heat to subside then I'm planning on about 7-8 miles. Some of that may be walking with DW.

XT - Hope the race goes well for you.

NH - You can ship a little of that rain water down here to me. My yard is already turning brown.

NHLA - Looks like someone was working hard. That looks really nice. What did you use for a base for the driveway and what keeps the stone from shifting?

QOTD: With running it's mostly holistically. When it comes to getting in  runs of certain mileages and intensity I just can't be structured enough to compartmentalize stuff so I just go with trying to get in my overall mileage with some longer runs.  I have to be a little more detailed with fueling issues though.

For non-running stuff I tend to do both with a heavy emphasis on finer details. When planning things like a building project I can get very detailed. Sometimes that just drives me crazy, other times it serves me very well.  When I planned and designed an addition onto our house the contractor who did the framing admitted that I identified problems long before he would have and worked the fix into the design. I actually enjoy doing stuff like that if I have the time.

NHLA

Daydreamer  8" thick granite roadbed  sand then paver then gypsum sand. Paver are 4" thick and when you wet the sand it hardens.

LB2

Daydreamer  8" thick granite roadbed  sand then paver then gypsum sand. Paver are 4" thick and when you wet the sand it hardens.

That looks great.

LB2