Trailer Trash

well we need a weekender :) (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 5 miles in with Tiny E; we waited a little late to get out though and it was hot!  will get out earlier tomorrow for sure

qotw: have you, can you, would you, go to a restaurant yet?  we went yesterday for some breakfast- first outing in two months (we've done take out prior), went early and there were only a half dozen folks in there; some tables marked w/ X's, waitresses wore masks/gloves, silverware came in a plastic bag, no condiments on the table- waitress asked what you needed, hand sanitizer at the checkout- fricken Denver omelette was excellent! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I got my 200 miles for the month, but I think I need a long break from that kind of mileage.  I walked more than ran today and I'm still tired.  My race schedule also took a big hit.  My main 6-hour race this year, Ethan Allen Ultras on July 11th, and my planned fall 12-hour race, Beebe Farm Ultras on Sep 26, have both been cancelled.

qotd:  No restaurants yet.  My county is still red and they don't have eat-in dining.  I'm not sure they even allow outdoor dining yet.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Did 22 miles in Huntsville State Park this morning. It was great being in the middle of the woods again. Only passed about 10 people the whole time.  I entered the park in a different way so my planned 20 miles was a little long. But without knowing it I am now sitting at 317.4 in the GVRAT tonight, that is exactly half way.

Two fun stories:

The parks are open but they are controlling how many people they let in. You have to make a reservation, but I didn’t know that and thought the reservation was only for campers not day users. So anyway, I parked at a parking lot that is just outside the road gate which was closed very early when I got there  but there are a few trails that start from the lot so it’s not like I had to climb over any fences or anything and there were no signs. I should add that I have a State Park yearly pass. So after 22 miles I get back to my car and there’s a note from the park police that at first I thought was a ticket, and two police cars in the lot. I didn’t get a ticket or anything but they just told me what’s up. They were really nice. Oops, lesson learned, make a reservation next time.

I was at about 18 miles with tired legs and on a gnarly rooty trail and caught a glimpse of two people on the trail coming toward me through the trees. As I was taking another look and the next thing I knew I was airborne and landing with a thud in a rolling heap. They asked if I was ok, which I was and the guy said except my pride which made me laugh. I said that I took my eyes off the trail and that happens - not the first time and certainly not the last. All good but a little dirty.

qotd: We can but absolutely will not, we have done some to go.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I walked almost 6.  Hips fine and I should have run but at least I walked.

So, last night about 4 am the sky starts to rumble.  I get up to watch the show over the ocean.  So as I am watching the lightning and a figure cones up from the beach.  At first I thought bear but than saw they were carrying a lit phone.     I am really out here all by myself.  The folks that live around are all high up on the hill looking down.   So I was a wee bit nervous but he really seemed on a walking mission, not a thieving murdering mission but still it’s 4 am in the rain and lightning.  Saw him again today and it appears he is homeless and hanging out.   And when I walked by him today on a coast trail, I was a little nervous.

Funny stories for today....I was walking done a dirt road when I saw a lady coming towards me.  She saw me and turned around.  Then she turned back, and stood there.  my thought was she is either pissed I am on this road or is afraid to pass me because of covid.  we finally came together and she saud she thought I was a Momma bear and my dogs were cubs.    I guess she has seen this threesome in her area.

Qotd:  No not open and yes I would go....the town we are at has one pub/restaurant opened Thurs to Saturday.  I would go there  if they opened.

Sandy:  Glad you didn’t get a ticket.  Our Rangers here, and all our law enforcement, are trying to be kind and just let people know the rules....cause it is confusing and conflicting.

Wcrunner:  It appears we will have no “events” this year.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

About to hit the trail for something this morning. It is getting hot.

QOTD: Yes. We have gone out a couple of times to eat. However, I don't know how much I will go out in the future. I like preparing food myself. The sodium content in restaurant food seems to be outrageously high. I got a salad the last time we went, and I don't think I will ever order anything but a salad from now on.

LB2

Ultra Cowboy

• Ran 2.6 on the road with Bogey. He started dragging a little on the last 1/3. 

We have a reservation at 3:45 today to dine on the patio at Rustic. The restaurant at the Francis Ford Coppola winery.

I am doing it because  I’ve been continually working with the public through this and have not come in contact with anyone who has a first degree contact with anyone who has had symptoms or tested positive. I had an antibody test since I had respiratory issues in March and in December. I was negative. 

There have been only A total 550 cases in our county of 485,000. There are currently only 10 people in the county hospitalized with Covid 19 infections.  Our county was one if the first to shelter in place and it worked.  Now it is time to re integrate our businesses with the safeguards of social distancing and face coverings that we implemented early on. 

in other news.  ML’s mother who lives in Spokane mailed me the paper version of this article about the survivors of the avalanche that killed my cousin Carl Humphreys at Silver Mountain ski resort. 

it’s been an emotional morning for me with everything going on. 

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/may/24/its-just-overtaking-me-those-who-survived-the-dead/

WYBMADIITY

Save

I did a virtual 12-hour event yesterday.  Good for 51.2 miles.  Set up an aid station at my house and did various loops.  Experimented with some things that I learned as the HPRS We Belong Virtual Series over the past month (ate real food, no gels, hydrated more, took more walk breaks, and basically just thought a lot more about what I was doing).  Felt great, didn't bonk, and wasn't death marching at the end.

Rocky, sheltering in place early was a good thing and I think it's key to why CA didn't end up worse.

Sandy, oof on wiping out, but even worse that others were watching.  

QOTD: I really don't have any interest in eating in a restaurant right now.  I'm quite happy supporting them by doing take out.  Which reminds me, I should place another beer order at my favorite local micro brewery.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

12 running yesterday and 5 walking.  Was supposed to run 22 this morning but my body said no very loudly.  I got in 11 instead.  Finished May with 312 running miles and 50 something walking miles.  Tomorrow is a rest day.  

QOTD: Nothing open here except maybe some open outdoor areas.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 6 this morning and plan to walk 4 tonight to look like a long run.

Sandy-2

Got up and did 15 mi this morning, ok at the start but the last 2 miles involved some walking breaks. The temps going up probably didn’t help.

QoN - that’s also what the officer was saying, they are trying to relay the info.

Rocky - that article is really hard to read. I can’t imagine.

Gatsby - yeah it wasn’t optimal, they probably laughed their asses off after I was out of sight.  At least they were nice enough not laughing when I was there. 

Dr. J - I hear you about the legs, I’ve been taking cold soaks and recovering with compression sleeves when I can.  I’m also thinking about a SRD tomorrow.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I got my 200 for the month, 200.2 to be precise, so I'm taking a much overdue rest day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

moonlightrunner

I had an awesome 7.5 mile hike on saturday...perfect weather, blue skies, puffy white clouds, coolish temps and great breeze. Then a great time on the lake on my kayak. This morning I was up at 330 and on the water by 445. Stars above, gave way morning light. Damn ! It was great. After the paddle I met two running buddies for 8.5 miles to continue the morning. Perfect morning run. THEN back onto the lake, where a loon posed perfectly by my kayak..and i got a picture. I have never heard of loons being on lakes near me.

Qotd: no open resturants hear except for take out. When they do open i am going to The Lucky Rooster. I am having a dirty martini, an order of calamari fries, another dirty martini and a grilled salmon entre. And I am giving a big tip to the cute waiter that usually waits on me. I can hardly wait.

Sandy: having to make a reservation to use a park would suck. Glad you were not hurt.

Queen: not sure what is wrong with your hips...but it is great that you are feeling good. Sounds like a creepy event with the storm and unidentified homeless guy.

Gatsby: YOU GO, GIRL!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Gatsby - congrats - that is awesome.  Nice to hear it went well.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Moonlight—Sounds like you are having some awesome days...kayaking to sunsets and runs with friends...nice

Ultra Cowboy

T'was a nice afternoon dining on the patio.  Neither of us was willing to share so we both ordered a rack of lamb.  Dirty Martini for  Her, Negroni for me.  Fried Zucchini, and shared Hazelnut Ice Cream and Chocolate Mousse for dessert.  Bought a bottle of Sofia Blanc de Blancs for sometime later.

Cost me about the equivalent of 7 lunches for two .  She deserved it.

WYBMADIITY

Save