Trailer Trash

F-F-F-Fridaily (Read 16 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Looks like some cold weather running for a while. Long run planned on New Years day, might be a bit arctic out.

Have a great weekend everyone.

QOTD: NY's eve or day plans?  We have company over and play cards on NY's eve and then go to the Square for fireworks at midnight.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Not sure why I would want it to be Friday since that means a weekend of work .

Stiff and sore from putting insulation up in the ceiling of my garage. With it being so cold I decided to finish insulating it so it's easier to heat. Nothing like doing it when it's in the teens and lower.  Of course that means that I just sweat less and can cover up completely to keep from getting too much fiberglass in my lungs.

Probably stay inside and work out on the  elliptical and lift some.  Really got weak the past several months.

QOTD: NY's eve I'll be working. If DD is off on New Years I'll chase her down and yank her ears. Might even give her a happy birthday kiss . DW suggested going out to Longhorn Steak House but that will probably be put off until  later in the week when it's not so full.

NorthernHarrier

Greetings guys--been awhile. Up at my shack for several days enjoying a real winter with a foot of snow on the ground and some bitter below zero temps. Spent the morning snowshoeing around my property in -6F weather and now heading out on the icy roads with screw shoes for a little over 5 miles. The plan is to do a snowshoe run after dark on the groomed trails near here later tonight. A good day even with the tough temps.

Just to catch up a little --I went back to my seasonal job to pay for some of my adventures and to keep DW appeased. I'll now be staying on for awhile working maybe 3 days a week and getting time off whenever I need it. Decent gig in general even if the pay is somewhat lacking. Running has been going great--strong, healthy, with a good combination of distance and speed. Lost about 12 pounds over the last couple months too. Has me actually looking at some events with a little hunger again.

I'll try to check in a little more often. Hope all is well.

QOTD- It is gonna be real, real bitter out. I think the high here might make it to -5F. That's my temp threshold for running so hopefully I can get out. Otherwise it will be putting another log or two on the fire and opening up another craft brew. Maybe stream some football or not.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Well, well, well.  Look who the cat dragged in!  Hi, Harrier!

I got a whole lot of nothing today.  We're going to the climbing gym tomorrow, then I'll run on Sunday when it's going to be "warm" out.

QOTD: After a week of family gatherings, I need some heavy introvert time this weekend.  Our NYE plans include snacks and Netlfix.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

I'm not running today, but since Harrier showed up I think I can also make the effort Wink. 3 degrees here, so my exercise will consist of walking a couple of miles to the car shop to pick up our car, which seems to have a frozen washer pump. Oy.

DD- about the paved trails comment the other day- I would have supported pavement on trails that could accommodate wheelchairs, too. However, these trails are very steep in many areas and are not ADA accessible. I think they paved so they wouldn't have to put in steps.

qotd: Stopping in Chicago for the night, on our return East. Watching the forecast, but hopefully we will be able to see the fireworks from our hotel room (or at least rooftop) without actually going outside. That's hoping I'll actually be awake at midnight.

AT-runner

Tim

Greetings guys--been awhile.

Greetings, stranger.

Since you're holed up in the cabin for a while, why not write up a short report with some pictures about your adventures. 

GC100k

Looks like some cold weather running for a while. Long run planned on New Years day, might be a bit arctic out.

Where you running?

I'm not doing a super long run this weekend, but I think I'll get out for a few hours tomorrow around Boiling Springs. I'm hoping to run just long enough to use my new hydration vest. For something different, I'm planning to do a loop that's about half road and half trail (AT).

AT-runner

Tim

Where you running?

I'm not doing a super long run this weekend, but I think I'll get out for a few hours tomorrow around Boiling Springs. I'm hoping to run just long enough to use my new hydration vest. For something different, I'm planning to do a loop that's about half road and half trail (AT).

Appalachian running company is doing a 7:30 run tomorrow from Boliing Springs Tavern lot. Heading N to Trindle Road.

We’re running around South Mt. area, probably to MD line.

GC100k

Appalachian running company is doing a 7:30 run tomorrow from Boliing Springs Tavern lot. Heading N to Trindle Road.

We’re running around South Mt. area, probably to MD line.

I've run into a their group runs a couple times before. I did Boiling Springs to Carlisle Pike (11) and back earlier this week. I run those sections very frequently. Flat but nice.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I'm doing the section between Boiling Springs and Whiskey Springs road with about equal parts road thrown in. I like that section a lot and do it quite often as it's close to home. There's a great park in Boiling Springs that has a gravel trail that's neither road nor rocky trail and I've done a lot of miles there as I returned from injury this fall. They just added a section of the that trail that runs to downtown and leaves you a short road section from the AT, so that will be part of the loop tomorrow.

Last winter I started doing sections south of there from Pine Grove Furnace, doing out-and-backs each time. I've gotten past Shippensburg Road, which is getting close to the areas you've said you run. I planned to do a further section each weekend and go to the MD line,  and I had scoped out good drop bag locations, but it's getting up to an hour drive, more if I do drops, and I just never had the time slots to do it. Maybe this winter. With my girls' swim meets and other obligations though, it might not happen.

Sandy-2

Spent today crewing for my DD at one of her rides. She was in the 75 mile. Unfortunately she got pulled early, at the 25 mile vet check. She was riding a friend’s horse who they thought was “iffy” so they were not surprised.  She’s doing a 25 miler tomorrow on another friends horse.

After she she got pulled we went out for a run, did 6 mi. Then I went out alone for another 4. Good running weather here, in the 40s and 50s.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Short run tonight with DS2 and dog in tow.  Two more days and I will have my year long streak.

Nice to see Harrier back!

QOTD: No big plans.  We may go tubing on New Year's Eve - unsure yet.  I will likely get out for a nice trail run on New Year's but place and distance tbd.  Then we always go to my in laws to eat pork and sauerkraut on new year's.  Always good eats!

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Welcome back stranger!

My birthday plans got foiled by a major storm- lots of snow and lots of cold- originally planned on a couple of nights around Yellowstone skiing/snowshoeing, soaking in hot springs, drinking IPA's and eating good food.  Now I'll just have to forego the hot springs (although we have a relatively local one we haven't tried, so maybe that too.

Strength trained today.

qotd: nothing set in stone for plans

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √