Trailer Trash

Winds Day (Read 17 times)

LB2

I ran a slow one this morning. Seven miles in 1:20. I just putted around I guess.

QOTD: Do you ever just totally lose track of time when you are running?

Rarely, but I did this morning. I have no idea what I was doing. I didn't feel fast or slow, but 1:20 for 7 miles is pretty slow. I ran 12 in 1:24 a week and a half ago, but that is pretty fast.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Coffee by canoe this morning on what is shaping up to be a beautiful day. Will be heading out for about 8 on the paved bike trail near here. These bike trails around here roughly parallel the main roads but wind thru the woods and roll with the topography. Pretty nice for a paved path. On a weekend in the summer they can be a little busy with tourons but most of the time are pretty quiet. Anyway I am running a little more pavement right now as the trails here are a little damp, overgrown, and buggy, plus my turnover has become real sluggish. I'll get my real trail fix a little later on my mountain bike.

LB--That "slow one" you ran will look pretty good to you when you hit my age.  But let me tell you about when I was young.....

QOTD--All the time. It's great.

AT-runner

Tim

Walking tonight with DW at her work. They have a Longest Day Walkathon and people have been walking the path from sun-up to sundown to raise money for Alzheimer's.  She's in charge, so I'll go and walk a bit.

LB - sounds like yo ran the pace your body wanted for the day, and that's never really a bad thing.

QOTD:  Yes, most  of the time.  When I don't, it' usually because I'm having a bad run and can't wait to finish, or I'm pressed for time, (my usual Wednesday lunch runs) and I keep checking to see how much time I have left.  When I relax and forget about time and pace, it's usually a great run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I ended hiking/jogging with Tiny Elvis yesterday evening despite the heat (a little cooler with some elevation and tree cover)- about 5 miles. We also discovered a couple of older trails that I hadn't seen before and going to explore more this evening. DW should be headed home today, so my batching stint is over 

qotd:  I love it when time/space just gets away from you on a run- happens more with my long runs than my shorter runs

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Got out of bed late, or at least later than I wanted. Decided on cereal for breakfast, mixture of mini wheats and raisin  bran because us old folks need our fiber . So I was standing at the counter watching my bluebirds and trying to wake up, reached in the fridge grabbed the jug and promptly poured a cup of tea over my cereal . Maybe it's time to go back to bed.

Have some work-from-home stuff to do yet this morning then I'll head up the the mountain later this evening. Hoping for about 20 miles. It looks like it will be a nice day for it.

QOTD:  Rarely.

For starters it seems like I always have something that needs to be done or some reason that I need to get home by a certain time that makes me keep my eyes on the watch.

Secondly, I'm just too much of a numbers guy. Even when time doesn't really matter I have to battle the urge to push harder or at least keep looking at the time to see how I'm doing.

I really need to try to relax more and just go with the flow.

muppy

11.2 miles on the horseshoe Trail in state game lands yesterday.  I followed that up with crosstraing for  five hours of weed whacking  on my aunts horse farm.

QOTD not really, because I usually have  only so much time to run so I need to keep an eye on the time.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Gym at lunch and unsure about after work..maybe the old man is going to guy night and I will run with either the group or my dogs...or I will just go home.

QOTD:  Yes and I love when it happens.  Happens less when I have the dogs...kinda hard to fall into that zone with leash beast.  I have become lost in a spot I knew well...as in all of a sudden I go Where am I?  and then couple seconds later I realize where I am.  That's real dope man! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

What Northern said...that's fast!!!

I ran a slow one this morning. Seven miles in 1:20. I just putted around I guess.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄