Trailer Trash

Halloween Daily (Terrifying Tuesday) (Read 17 times)

LB2

Easy walk around someone else's neighborhood for Trick or Treating tonight.

QOTD: Any Halloween plans?

Just some easy walking and maybe some beer while trick or treating. The last time we went trick or treating, we had an ice chest in the back of a golf cart that sort of went along in front of us. My friend and I were sort of lost in conversation about politics, and I saw the golf cart. I walked up and got us two beers, and then I realized that it was the wrong golf cart about the same time the golf cart driver realized he didn't know me. Suddenly, we realized we did know each other, sort of, but we were not in the same trick or treat group. We drank the beer, and we gave him two of ours when we found our golf cart. It was not big deal; we all had plenty of beer.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Thought you'd call it Taper Tuesday. How are the last minute plans going?

Going out for 8-10 in the woods. Pretty windy here the last 36 hours, so most of the leaves will probably be down at higher elevation. That means all the rocks will be hiding. Time to take it easy.

QOTD:  Working on the apartment and will give out candy from 6-8 for the mass of kids who stop by. Then watch Game 6 of the WS.  Game 5 was one of the best games I've ever seen, and instant classic.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Cool and breezy here. Too the point that It's looking like I'll run instead of going out on the bike. Probably about 8 miles.

Lost another tree in my woods during the wind storm Sunday night. Nature is doing a good job of eliminating the bad ones.

QOTD:  Halloween??  Whuts dat?   Don't really do anything for Halloween anymore. Can't remember the last time I did.

Years ago I did ask my one boss if I could run calls in a costume. He was half interested until he asked what I was going to wear. When I told him I'd dress as the grim reaper, he just walked away with a nervous tic and was muttering under his breath .

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got 3-ish miles in with DW and Tiny E yesterday evening, plan on hitting the trails again this evening

qotd: sitting in a jury room, got selected for jury duty- hopefully will get bumped off due to being law enforcement

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Thought you'd call it Taper Tuesday. How are the last minute plans going?

Everything is good. I think it is going to be a little warmer than I like it, but I have a plan for that, too: slow down and take off layers as necessary. I think the high on Saturday is 76, which doesn't seem bad at all, but I don't like it more than 60 degrees for a 100. However, I do, mentally, feel like I haven't done enough (even though I know I have) because I am not totally exhausted and tired of running.

LB2

runtraildc

3 miles last night during swim practice, and 9 miles this morning with my Tuesday running friend. He always tricks me somehow into running further than I plan. It's a nice pace and we often head onto the trails or paved trails. Beautiful weather out this morning brought the dog walkers out in force.

And best of all,  I had leftover apple pie for a post-run snack.

qotd: Our kids are no longer trick or treating, so we build a bonfire in our fire pit in the yard and hand out candy. And drink beer.

Sandy-2

Did some run walking with DW for about 4 mi yesterday. A nice trail system just outside of town. Did an early 5 running on my own this morning. It was 32 deg, so nice!!  We’re at abt 7,000 ft elevation so could feel that a little bit.

qotd: just figuring out where to go to dinner, thinking about The Shed.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning and brought stuff to either hit the gym or the trail at lunch...then remembered have a podiatrist appointment this at noon, so we shall see.

QOTD:  We went to the bar Saturday night and people watched ...saw some good costumes.   It is $2 pint night so may just go there and see if folks are still dressing up .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Un related to running but.....pictures from last Thursday when I skipped work and went kayaking.  We have never kayaked on this lake but had hiked to it.  It was breath taking...

Image may contain: sky, ocean, outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: dog, outdoor and water

Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: sky, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor, nature and water

LB2

That is beautiful, Sue.

LB2

XtremeTaper

4 last night with the Lady on the trails at Green Lane. Sunset is coming early now. Breezy evening. Had a slow midday so took the Lady out to Coventry Woods and we ran 5 on a pretty gorgeous sunny, brisk, and breezy fall day. I felt pretty decent the entire run. Maybe things are getting back to normal for me, or the new normal at least.

QOTD: Usual plans here. Hand out candy to the neighborhood kiddo's. Traffic has slowed down the past few years. I am armed with regular M&M's, skittles, and tootsie pops.

Sue - Nice photos. Love the dogs in the kayaks. Not sure the Lady would care for that. She does not like deep water. A few weeks ago we kayaked down the Delaware River up near the Poconos. Scenic with the hills and cliffs along the shore.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

XT:  Made the vegetable lasagna last night.  Very good.  I used twice the mozzarella and left out the feta.  Not a fan of the no boil noodles though so next time normal noodles.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

DD1: I remember your Halloween request last year, lol.

Queen: Either these pictures will be censored, or you’ll be banned from the forum.   Really beautiful.

Two miles in in the cold.

QOTD: just finished handing out candy for the neighborhood kids. It was quite busy. I always just make an impromptu costume. Black lace and black lips, candle in hand, was good enough to scare the kids a little. In previous years I might have been overdoing it at times, because the kids ran away from our house, screaming, when I opened the door. Oh well, it’s Halloween, that’s supposed to be scary, right?

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Queen: Either these pictures will be censored, or you’ll be banned from the forum.   Really beautiful

Ha!  Like I would ever ban anyone for not running!  

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.1 miles late evening just so I could keep my 100 miles a month streak going.

qotd: As usual no trick or treaters at all. I think that is 8 years in a row now. I guess I'll have to eat all the candy myself.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.