Trailer Trash

Frantic Fridaily (Read 20 times)

Daydreamer1

Hot Diggity Dog!!!!!!!!!!  Marie is back and starting the dailies .

Planning on either a run or bike ride to be determined when DW returns from her shopping spree. If a run it will be about 6 miles. If a bike ride then it will be around 25 miles.

AT - From yesterday. That bear was just standing up to shake a paw and discuss trail etiquette . Either that  or he couldn't see you and was reaching in his back pocket for his spectacles. I always love to see bears stand up.  re: The Penn State game. Sounds like you and I will have to stick together on rooting against them.

Warden - Thanks for sending some of that cooler weather in this way before you came. Enjoy Syracuse.

QOTD:  Gloves will often go on at anything below 50. Depending on my mood I may feel the need for warmup pants in the 50s. Anything below 45 will almost certainly bring out the warmup pants unless It's going to be a long run and I know it will warm up. 30-35 will be tights or lined windpants.  I think I could actually run in shorts down into the low 30s if it wasn't for my joints, especially my knees. It's almost like the synovial fluid gets thick when it's cold out.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

LB- does this guy also sell sausage by chance?  If so, I would recommend not eating it 

(ala Motel Hell circa 1980)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

LB- does this guy also sell sausage by chance?  If so, I would recommend not eating it 

(ala Motel Hell circa 1980)

Haha,  I was thinking Texas Louisiana Chain Saw Massacre.

I imagine they guy is on some mechanic forum and typing "Some nut job, with a flashlight strapped to his head, kept going around in circles last night. Then he stopped and took a dump in the woods and he was drinking something from a tube. How weird".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ very possible! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

XT: I don't know what the deal is with that guy, but this is a regular thing. But I am normally not out that late running. I have heard him at 4:30 or so pretty regularly. I don't think there is much more I can do to build more fitness in the next couple of weeks. But I will definitely take an Alene before the race, and I am re-thinking running the whole race in the Lone Peaks. I may run the first 41 in Hokas and finish with Olympus. Lots of cushion in the Hokas and lots of cushion and stability in the Olympus. My feet hurt pretty bad at the end of this one, and that really doesn't happen with the Olympus or Hokas. Last time I ran the whole race in Olympus with zero problems. I may just do that again.

Mike: Believe me. It crossed my mind. I was running up a hill and was formulating a plan in the event he came out from behind a tree with saw. My quads were pretty cooked at that point, so I don't know what I would have done.

LB2

LB2

AT: Sue said the same thing. Ya'll are probably right. And that fact idea did not escape me either. I was angry at one point and remember thinking, "WTF is wrong with that SOB!?!" My inner voice said that it may be the same thing that is wrong with you!! Hahaha.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

AT: Sue said the same thing. Ya'll are probably right. And that fact idea did not escape me either. I was angry at one point and remember thinking, "WTF is wrong with that SOB!?!" My inner voice said that it may be the same thing that is wrong with you!! Hahaha.

Drunk Warped Great minds think alike. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hey I represent that statement!!

Drunk Warped Great minds think alike. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Two short runs today, total 5.4 miles.

qotd; I'm a wimp when it comes to cold. Long sleeves when it drops into the 50s, jacket and tights into the 40s, pants below freezing.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.