Trailer Trash

The Weekender (Read 22 times)

Daydreamer1

I'll run 6-7 miles in a little bit. We had a fellowship lunch at church so gotta let that settle in a bit.

Sad to hear about John. I'm still working my way through his book.

Seems to me that this years Super Bowl should have been called the Deflate & Pumped Bowl. Gonna have to make sure the Pats don't deflate their balls and gotta keep the Falcons away from the sound system  so they don't pump up the noise .

Gotta hand it to both teams. Despite suspensions and lost draft picks they both managed to be better than anyone else.

AT-runner

Tim

Sad to hear this. Condolences to his family and many friends.  Interestingly it was while working Damnation quite a few years ago with the NTTR folks that I met John M in person.

I was thinking about you and your daughter volunteering there and wondering if anyone mentioned him.  Looks like he passed last night. I need to go back and look through the many e-mails we shared while he was first writing an article for Ultrarunning Magazine and then later for his book.  He was in awe of the technical rocky trails of the East Coast and I shared dozens of pictures with him from the PA sections of the AT

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

John M. - RGOT.  Looks like John sadly lost his battle with cancer.  Haven't seen any family confirmation but many people are indicating he passed yesterday 2/4. Which was World Cancer Day.

Kathy just posted a notice on John's FB page. It might be appropriate to post a short note on how John enriched our lives.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 9 RGOT just meandering, letting the dogs fuck around and thinking about John and life...pretty sure he had a good one.  He wife posted that he is in heaven now... I bet it's beautiful in John's heaven.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

LB2, while my DD and I were running by Amy's Crossing last evening I told her that you and I had seen a beaver along the stream when I was pacing you way back when (I didn't tell her about the 1st part of the story).

AT, we didn't mention John at the AS, just too busy I guess, and we didn't know.  I was going to skip running today, but then I read the FB post, so I did a few RGOT miles this afternoon before the game.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's raining so I didn't get up and run...almost did.  Say I may run after work but ummmm well...definitely gym at lunch but not running on the TM.

QOTD:  Didn't watch it, no TV.  Haha  just realized I was reading the weekender.  Wondered why we were asking this question after the superbowl but when I read DC answer I was like, she said that before. 

The real QOTD:  He commented on my incorrect grammar.   I think I told him to skip my post...he than PM me and we had a discussion,  I let him know how he hit a nerve because my Mother would correct my letters that I sent home (yes I wrote letters...long distance cost $$) and place them on the fridge. Then we made up.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄