Trailer Trash

Zoned Out Thursdailies (Read 30 times)

Sandy-2

I plan to do a few miles after work today.  I have been sleeping in like crazy these past few weeks.  I guess it's the combination of my runs earlier this summer, staying up and crewing my DD last weekend, and a little stress over moving (not to mention the general grind of the summer heat down here).  I guess I just need to catch up on lots of sleep.

FTYC:  Good luck this weekend !!!!

qotd: If I'm running a very familiar route I'll zone out and find that I don't remember running certain sections.  But I do make the turns, just don't remember all of it.  Sometimes it's because I'm simply zoning out or sometimes it's because I'm thinking about "stuff other than running".

tbd.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Jon -- Just take it easy and focus on enjoying the day. I have a marathon on Saturday.

Cool, which marathon?

Thanks to jamezilla for my new favorite term, under my avatar.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

They have Chicken fries.

Ew.  Those are not french fries! 

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

No, but just as nutritious.

AT-runner

Tim

Not really chicken either.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

There no really chicken either.

Ha, right!  These are what I'm talkin' about.

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

Y um...curly fries!

I am not sure there will be a run tonight. Still moving. My boss will give me no time off...so I am stuck doing it only after work.

Good luck, Couch!

Qotd: I always zone out. I also mutter odd, andrandom thoughts tthat come from I-dont-know-where when running alone.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Cool, which marathon?

Call of the Wilds Mountain Marathon. It's part of the Eastern States 100, so it's a new race. Basically I'll be chasing Couch for the first 17 miles then I'll turn and meekly head for the barn while the real ultra runners tackle the tough stuff  .

AT-runner

Tim

Call of the Wilds Mountain Marathon. It's part of the Eastern States 100, so it's a new race. Basically I'll be chasing Couch for the first 17 miles then I'll turn and meekly head for the barn while the real ultra runners tackle the tough stuff  .

Good luck, Dd1.

Best of luck to all the racers and pacers this weekend!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Not really chicken either.

But at least neither vegan, nor gluten-free! 

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Made a running date for after work.  She said she hasn't run in a while, I said perfect, neither have I.  it will be a run/walk 6 miles.

qOTD:  all the time....sometimes I stop and look up and wonder where the hell I am....then it comes to me.  Sometimes I'm thinking about something and then can't even remember what I was thinking about.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Birdwell

The best curly fries are from Arby's.

Plus orange creamsicle milkshakes?

#everyonesawinner

XtremeTaper

8 miles of paying attention today since I ran on the road on my town loop. Surprising how close those cars get sometimes. So so run. Need to get some pavement miles in as I may be doing a road relay next month. Will hit the trails tonight for a walk with the missus and the dogs.

QOTD: Running is the time to let the mind wander, unless you are doing a hard workout or race. True zoning out happens once in awhile.

FTYC - I am jealous. You are going to have such fabulous weather for this weekend's little race. Good luck!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Yesterday was a rest day, finally. My legs were thrashed from an downhill session on Tuesday, seemed a little dead on Wednesday. So, I dogged it off on Thursday.

QOTD: Rarely zone out in the normal sense of the phrase. However, I do consider focusing on just one thing like a laser to be zoning out compared to what I have to do on most days at work, especially this time of year. I just have too many irons in the fire, so it is nice to focus on one thing.

LB2