Trailer Trash

Eight Thousand Wednesdailies (Read 21 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

K2 is probably more dangerous. Roughly 25% of climbers attempting to summit K2 have died.

You're not helping in the recruitment department.   But yes, I'm much more intrigued with K2 over Everest because it's significantly more difficult to ascend (and descend).

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You're not helping in the recruitment department.   But yes, I'm much more intrigued with K2 over Everest because it's significantly more difficult to ascend (and descend).

Just trying to help narrow down the choices.

As a counterpoint to Into This Air, I would recommend The Climb by Anatoli Boukreev, one of the guides whom Krakauer sharply criticized. Boukreev died a couple years later attempting a new route up Annapurna.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Just trying to help narrow down the choices.

As a counterpoint to Into This Air, I would recommend The Climb by Anatoli Boukreev, one of the guides whom Krakauer sharply criticized. Boukreev died a couple years later attempting a new route up Annapurna.

Agreed.  I read Boukreev's book as well.  I have nothing but the utmost respect for him as a person and mountaineer.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Gator eye

I’m a flatlander, I don’t like climbing a step ladder.

Took a rest day, I’m sick and feel like crap

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I had planned to run after work but I feel tired . Haven't been sleeping well recently .

QOTD: I did want to see Everest Base Camp , I have a friend who did the trek there . I'm not big on anything technical . We have enough walk ups around here to make me feel like a peak bagger .