Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesday (Read 19 times)

LB2

The woods are wet after yesterday's storms, soaked. No damage in my immediate area, but there were about 6 confirmed tornadoes that hit in the general area yesterday. I'll get 3 to 4 after work today.

QOTD: What is the longest training run that you have done that was not some sort of event, like a 50 miler or a 50K or whatever?

As best I can remember, I have run about 42 to 45 miles on a training run that was just a solo run with no support. I did that one in 2011, August or September. I think it was September. And in 2015, I ran a 40 mile solo run before Cottonmouth. I really ran that run too fast, exactly 7:30. But, I felt good the whole time. Unfortunately, the fitness I had built up was completely negated by the fact that I felt like total crap the first 40 miles of Cottonmouth, and then I spent quite a bit of time wandering around lost in the woods. Nevertheless, had I not been in the shape I was in, I don't think I would have finished the race.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Borrowed my Dad's pickup and got a bunch of lumber for some home projects that I have planned.  After I get that unloaded I'll head to the gym for a nice workout with weights then I'll start putting down my new floor in the kitchen. Probably limited cardio today so no run. Maybe a session on the trainer later this evening.

QOTD:  Probably about 24-25 miles. A few years ago I was heading out into the woods with about 10-12 lbs of pack, fluids and other supplies strapped to my back.  I need to get back into doing that again this year.

XtremeTaper

I did get out last night for a 6 mile dog jog with the Lady on the trails at Coventry Woods. Never did get overly warm here yesterday, but it was still mid 40's so pretty nice. The woods had a spring-like smell, I guess from the rain earlier in the day. I think a road run today at lunch.. 6-7 miles. Sunny right now, mild, but tonight it gets below freezing and I think we are forecast for 6-10" of snow.

QOTD: 32 miles for a training run. Typically I like one training run (non-race environment) around 30 miles leading into a 100. The 32 miler was 2 long loops of the lake. I carried 2 handhelds, gels, and was able to get water at the halfway point at a park, and used my car for aid at the loop finish.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Dropped the car off for yearly inspection (a PA thing we have to do every year) and ran to work. I'll run to get it at lunch, so today is a double day, with 7.5 miles total.

LB - saw pictures of some of the damage. WOW.

QOTD:  48 miles doing the 4 state AT run.  Start in PA, run all 42 miles of MD, then the 1 miles of WV and into VA. Don't know if technically was just a training run, but did it with a friend for fun.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

15.4 miles in Swatara State Park yesterday,  was supposed to go up to 60 but it's 41° the whole time, and that's a pretty good temperature.

QOTD 26.1 Miles training for a 50 K.  Maybe someday I'll get into the longer distances.

DigDug2

7 on the roads in the fog last night, then 5K-pace track workout this morning - felt great.  Winter Storm Niko coming tomorrow, so probably a couple of days on the TM coming up.

QOTD:  22-ish, I think, for real "training runs".

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Man I slept awesome last night and into the morning.   so ummm I don't know what I will do...TM again...leave work early and run with mutts???

QOTD:  I ran 28 miles once...there was a store at the end that sold beer.  I ran 32 miles but wasn't training for anything..it was part of running all the links in the Tahoe Rim Trail.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

6 on the treadmill. I tried to go outside but the wind was blowing to hard for comfort

QOTD: 32 mile training run is my farthest. Not in any great hurry to do it again.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a balmy -6 this morning, topped out at 4 above yesterday   

I think I'm going to take the day off, I'm in the midst of catching the cold my DW just got over 

qotd: my two longest runs were both non-events- R2R2R 42 miles and Joshua Tree Traverse 39 miles, both exceed my longest event run of 35 miles 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

7 miles to town and back.

qotd  14 miles lately.  Ran several 20+ mile runs training for marathon

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Something tonight...before the snow comes in tomorrow. It's about time we got some.    I guess I shouldn't speak too soon.  We do not have it yet.

DD - ever get your flooring?

QOTD: Maybe mid 20's.  I cannot remember exactly.  I have tried to use races as training runs for longer races simply because of the logistics, support and the mental ability to run in a race vs. running solo.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

qotd: my two longest runs were both non-events- R2R2R 42 miles and Joshua Tree Traverse 39 miles, both exceed my longest event run of 35 miles 

I bet that Joshua Tree Traverse was super cool.

LB2

Sandy-2

Took an URD.  Just too busy.  But I did sneak in some core/ab stuff.

qotd: I think the longest lone training runs I did were 50k each when I ran along the Alta Via dei Monti Liguri trail that circles north around Genoa, Italy (I was there for business trips).  I did it two separate times about a year apart.  Took a train to the west of the city, ran along the mountain ridge trail (the Alta Via) for 50k and ended up east of the city, then took a bus back. I think it took me about 9 hours each time, pretty hilly terrain.  I've also done a few 25 or 26 milers on the trails surrounding Busan, Korea (did that while I was living there alone before my DW joined me).

tbd.