Trailer Trash

Friday Fundaily (Read 17 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Just wanted to say that I know this forum has really slowed down over the years, but you guys are a bunch of good eggs.

No run today.  Have to get home at lunch for an HVAC guy to look at DD#1's apartment heat. Her car is sitting in the driveway waiting on a new fuel pump and that should be in today. (sounds like yesterday for XT)  DS is playing at a Christmas office party tonight at a local Brewery and we were invited to "crash", so we'll hear him playing some acoustic music tonight (no band, just him).

Road or maybe an AT run tomorrow and then Sunday all the trails are available with hunting season over. We have a long run planned Sunday, can't wait.

DS and I installed the flooring yesterday. One of the few projects that took less time than I planned.

QOTD:  Weekend plans.  Besides the above, DW has her Gettysburg Civic Chorus's Christmas concerts this weekend. I'll usher on Saturday's concert, and have been excused from attending Sunday to get some things done.  We really need to get ready for our trip to Colorado which is on Tuesday.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Slow day so far for me. Missed getting the dog walked before the rain started, and currently working on several house projects. I will get out for a short run (or several mini-runs).  It's going to be a wet couple of days and my car issue is that our old subaru seems to have a crack in one of the sunroof drains so it leaks in the trunk area if the car is parked at a slant or it's being driven. On one hand, the leak could be worse and in a more inconvenient spot (ie. a seat), but it's probably not worth fixing since it would require a lot of dismantling. Right now, I have a puppy pee pad in the leak area. More concerned about mold and mildew developing in the roof.

Other issue was our dryer, which broke down last week. Luckily me, google and DH figured it out to be a simple $15 part and it is fixed. It's 17 years old and I want it to go another 17 (or at least 10).  I hate calling the repair man and it's pretty rare that it happens. I can usually diagnose the issue, DH is usually responsible for the repair. That's how marriage works, right?

AT- the floor looks nice. Is it vinyl or laminate? How has weight factored in on materials? I sometimes see RV's or little houses packed with full-house amenities, making me wonder how easy or feasible it is to transport them (if they are actually being moved, even occasionally).

qotd: DS2 has a swim meet tomorrow. DS1 is done with finals today and is coming home (the 6 miles) tomorrow. Maybe some running, including my favorite neighborhood microbrewery is having a Sunday morning fun run. Right before opening. 

XtremeTaper

Yes, small group here but it's still going!

Usual dog walk/jog routine this morning. Cold and grey, such is December. Warming up they say but the warm-up includes some rain. Plan is to head over to the gym at lunch for strength and stretching, then a few road miles later with the dogs.

QOTD: Car shopping is planned. Used/certified not new. Found some Ford Explorer's online that could fit the bill. I hate the whole car buying scene. Sigh. We need to pick up a few Christmas gifts for family we are visiting over the holidays. Nothing too much. Might go down to visit my trail running friend and his dog. That reminds me, we need to get his dog some gifts. It's all about the dogs!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

AT- the floor looks nice. Is it vinyl or laminate? How has weight factored in on materials? I sometimes see RV's or little houses packed with full-house amenities, making me wonder how easy or feasible it is to transport them (if they are actually being moved, even occasionally).

It's vinyl plank flooring, the kind that locks together.  Temperature swings are big in a Tiny House when it's parked and not in use, so this type of flooring works best since it doesn't contract and expand much.

Weight should be in around 7800 lbs, give or take. Trailer is rated for 12,000, so we'll be way below that, and truck pulls 12,000 as well. We've done some tst rides and it pulls well. Visibility while driving is similar to an RV, and we're adding extendable mirrors to DS's truck so he can see better.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Still no running.  My one week cut back turned into 2 weeks but all is good.

AT - nice work on the tiny house.  It's impressive.

QOTD: Wrapping gifts, running kids around to various activities, a couple of presents I need to work on (hand made items). DD involved in her third play of the week! Maybe just maybe some actual running.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

coming along nicely Tim!

strength trained yesterday morning and Tiny E and I hit the trails for 4 miles in the afternoon (the advantages of working part time! Smile

will hit the local trails sometime today; was kind of hoping to hit the Elkhorns again but with skis this time, but forecast is for very strong winds all through the weekend Sad

qotd: my Grizzlies are in the FCS quarter finals playing this evening- away at Weber State- another Big Sky Conference team, we beat them earlier in the season (at home), they are a higher seed (#3) so it's on their true this game.  Montana State ,our cross state rivals, are still in a well and play tonight too.  Theoretically it could be an all Montana championship as they are on the opposite sides of the bracket, but highly unlikely.  Several good teams (like multi-year National Champs ND State and James Madison) still in and looking almost unbeatable.

if the wind subsides, might convince DW to break the skis out over the weekend

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Ultra Cowboy

Had a break in the rain yesterday, but it is back today.  I will cheer my trail running buddies on tomorrow at Rodeo beach but drop down to the 8k.  I'm improving but not back 100%.

Sent a card to a friend this morning...

Here was last night's sunset..

WYBMADIITY

Save

moonlightrunner

As usual...still no run. But...less pain in the knee in general. I am doing nothing in hope that it will heal and not further inflame the muscles supporting the knee. I just found a May 24  50k race in the Upper Peninsula I would like to do.

Sorry I missed a run in last night's full moon. I intended on doing g a 12 month photo book of all each month's full moon from October 2019 to October 2020.  Maybe next year. I hope.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

As usual...still no run. But...less pain in the knee in general. I am doing nothing in hope that it will heal and not further inflame the muscles supporting the knee. I just found a May 24  50k race in the Upper Peninsula I would like to do.

Sorry I missed a run in last night's full moon. I intended on doing g a 12 month photo book of all each month's full moon from October 2019 to October 2020.  Maybe next year. I hope.

I thought of you last night. Clear skies with a beautiful moon.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Raining this morning and planning to run after visitor center duties. Hopefully there will be an opening in the rain....at least to make it out the door.

qotd:  Visitor center duties....daily runs and dog walks.  May walk up the martini trail and have dinner and a drink at some point this weekend.  Read and movies.  DH is due back Tuesday.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dhuffman63

Trails

Nice looking floors Tim...it's really coming along.

Had an appt with a spine doc this morning...even though he's a neurosurgeon he did not recommend surgery .  We are going to try a steroid shot in my SI joint as soon as I can get an appt with the pain mgmt. clinic that does them.  He did not say I should stop my ultra's and was very supportive of what I want to do.

qotd: I have a 15 miler to get done and then some wrapping to do.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nice looking floors Tim...it's really coming along.

Had an appt with a spine doc this morning...even though he's a neurosurgeon he did not recommend surgery .  We are going to try a steroid shot in my SI joint as soon as I can get an appt with the pain mgmt. clinic that does them.  He did not say I should stop my ultra's and was very supportive of what I want to do.

qotd: I have a 15 miler to get done and then some wrapping to do.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

4.2 easy miles with hill repeats today.

AT, the floor looks great.  Thanks for noticing how much I’ve slowed down over the years. 

Rocky, nice pic. Have fun at Rodeo Beach tomorrow, whether running or spectating.

QOTD: no big plans. Will stop by my running club’s holiday fun run tomorrow. Have a 2 hr run on the schedule too.  Shopping and errands in town.  Might go up to my Dad’s house and help him decorate the tree on Sunday.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.5 miles easy

qotd: Will be following Desert Solstice, though I doubt it will match last year for results and drama.  I do know a few of the runners, including one I think AT knows, Laurie Dymond.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

warden's Montana - Weber St game is just starting on ESPN2 and it looks like a good snow fall for the game.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.