Trailer Trash

Back to Work Mondaily (Read 19 times)

Sandy-2

SRD.  Like Jamie I haven't run in a week and it feels great.  But I am planning on doing a few miles tomorrow morning.

Nice teaser-photo from the Trailfest, looking forward to more photos.

qotd: I started on RWOL a million years ago, then came over here with the great migration.

tbd.

LB2

I'm disable (dyslexic) so they can't do anything about it.

I am going through an audit right now for 504 compliance, ADA. I was thinking that if we had any findings I may say I have ADHD, and I could not focus on my work. I have no documentation, but I could probably get some. I don't think we will have an findings. I did have an unreasonable request for accommodations once. The lady wanted us to provide a golf cart for her to be driven from the parking lot to the front door because her hip was injured. We did not provide that.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Haven't been running much since NC 24. That didn't keep me from running the Mount Desert Island Marathon yesterday to celebrate my 70th birthday (last Monday) and moving into a new age group. I chose this one because it is suppose to be scenic and one of the best not to be missed marathons in the country. It certainly lived up to its reputation as the East Coast version of Big Sur. Fall foliage colors were near their peak. The whole island gets behind the race. While the course is hilly, it also winds in and around Acadia NP. I was also fortunate to get motel reservations that placed me right at the starting line, which was right at the drive to the motel (Bar Harbor Villager Motel). My DD and SIL flew up from Florida for the weekend, had my obligatory Maine lobster dinner Friday night, went sightseeing in Acadia on Saturday, then ran the marathon on Sunday at a leisurely pace (6:27:19) taking in the sights and chatting with the slower runners and early starters once we caught up to them. Ended up walking in the last 5 miles with a first time marathoner who was hurting at that point. There were only 3 of us in my new AG, so I got a nice wine glass/goblet as a 3rd place award.

qotd: I go back to about 2000, possibly earlier on RWOL and I still post there. I came here with the big migration after the spam meltdown on RWOL.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.