Trailer Trash

Hump daily (or Fridaily for some :)) (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my Friday 

missed the update on bert the other day- great news, hope it keeps going his way!

I did a crossfit routine (gasp!) yesterday after work- it’s a toughie, called Murph (after a Navy SEAL who died in combat)

1 mile run

300 air squats

200 push-ups

100 pull-ups

1 mile run

because I’ve not been lifting weights and only doing body weight workouts, I was able to shave almost 7 minutes over my previous try (about a year ago); will definitely be sore for a couple of days Smile

today will hit the trails for a few miles

qotd: most recent streaming?  just started season 3 of Fauda (undercover Israeli unit operating in Palestine)- pretty darn good; season 4 of the Last Kingdom is available so its next.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

I am not sure what day it is going to be for me today...they have nothing for me to do at work...so I had to take pro for the balance of at least today. Not sure what the future holds now as far as work goes.

Thinking I may head c out for 9 miles at Ft Custer...but it is raining...hoping I can talk myself into going.

Qotd: I just finished Mindhunter on Netflix, and searching for something I might like. I find that I don't have much patience, if I don't become enamored early on I go in search of other options.. I did enjoy Black Hole. But I binged through that already. Right now I am trying to watch Glitch...but my interest has pretty much evaporated.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mindhunter is excellent, patiently waiting for another season Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I'm taking my planned Friday SRD today instead.  Juggling due to temperature considerations.  Today we had a heavy thunderstorm early so I slept in and it's going to be a steam bath all day and then we'll have cooler mornings for the rest of the week.  it was an easy no-brainer call.

From yesterday:

Sandy, yikes on the tornado near miss for your DD's in-laws.

I just find it amazing that tornados are so surgical, a lawn chair can still be untouched and stay where it was and a few yards a way houses are totally demolished.

qotd: We just started watching something called "The Plot Against America", the story covers what might have happened if Lindbergh beat FDR just as WW2 was starting. I'll let ya know.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Way to rub it in Warden!!!

No run yet.  Something short later before the rain moves in.

For those who are signed up for the GVRAT you probably saw it's over 5000 participants at this point.   I never would have signed up if I didn't know that the money (minus costs for the shirts and finisher award) is going to food banks. I am happy to contribute!

QOTD: Trying to watch season 3 of Ozark but can't seem to get any kind of consistency in watching the episodes.  I seem to lose interest in shows at season 3 because it seems to be the same things repeated over again.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Ran 6 hilly miles with Baker out at Coventry Woods last night. Finally a nice spring evening, sunshine and low to mid 60's. I was expecting to run into a boatload of quarantiners but no one was out on the trails that I took for the most part. Only saw one small group of people trudging up the last section of the big climb as we headed down to end our loop.

Good morning for the 2 mile dog wog. No gloves, no hat, and mild sweat during the jogging portion. I did 5 miles at lunch, solo, up on the local trail. My "faster" run for the week, but not real fast. Quite a few quarantiners out there today. Sunny and mild though it is clouding up now and surprise, more rain tomorrow.

QOTD: Finished season 1 of "Altered Carbon" (Netflix) a few weeks back. Pretty crazy stuff, sci-fi genre, lots of nakedness. Started season 2 but have paused that as we decided to watch season 6 of Bosch on Amazon Prime. I need to get cranking on season 3 of Westworld (HBO) as well. The robots are in the real world now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It’s been a few days... but ran up the canyon and throughly enjoyed it.  I think I have a gangling cyst on my hand from al the camp work.  If I move wrong the pain shots up my arm.  So taking a few days off so maybe it will shrink.

Qotd: Shameless

Jamie:  I thought about joining this Tennessee thing to get motivated but the $60 turned me off...I don’t need another T-shirt.  But since you pointed out it goes to food banks I will join.  It will be fun to do a race with you, Gatsby and George.   I am also one if the lucky ones who still has income and lives rent free.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Still on reduced schedule for this week, Governor is supposed to let us ramp up next week and I can't wait.

Hiked 4 miles with DW after she got off work. We drove to a remote road crossing on the AT and hiked 2 miles on the AT up some power line trail and then back on a logging road. Saw 1 truck go by. On the way home, the parking lots were jammed packed with people out exploring. Glad I know where to go to be anti-social.

Jamie, Gatsby, George, Sue, Moon, (anyone else?) - Jess and I just signed up for GVRAT. It's been 15 years since I've been a daily mileage tracker, so this will be different for me. I just hope I don't become one of those guys again who has to run the extra .18 of a mile to get to a specific total (I used to be that guy in my road runner marathoning days ).

QOTD:  We just started The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu.  We're new to Hulu, so exploring a bit and several people raved about it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Just a two mile hike at mid-morning. I have made up for my screwed up February by catching up to my minimum monthly goal average of 100 miles. I need to pick it up, but this month of straight hiking has actually improved my running more than I remembered it could. On my way back from checking some fields for turkeys after the storm blew through, I came up on a road block on the "Old Liberty Rd" near my house. Cops were everywhere on this gravel road in the middle of nowhere. It turns out they found a dead body, murder victim. Supposedly, he was involved in some sketchy activity, but they caught the guy they think did it. He had fled to Tennessee. I have driving by that body at least three times and never looked in the ditch!! Anyway, that makes my answer to the QOTD quite appropriate.

QOTD: We are almost finished with Dexter.

LB2

Sandy-2

Jamie, Gatsby, George, Sue, Moon, (anyone else?) - Jess and I just signed up for GVRAT. 

Yeah, I just signed up.....   too much peer pressure around here.  See ya at the starting line. 

tbd.

runtraildc

no run for a couple of days- mostly dog wogging and some heavy garden work since it was so nice today. Plus I need to taper for GVRAT .

Jamie:  I thought about joining this Tennessee thing to get motivated but the $60 turned me off...I don’t need another T-shirt.  But since you pointed out it goes to food banks I will join.  It will be fun to do a race with you, Gatsby and George.   I am also one if the lucky ones who still has income and lives rent free.

and runtrail!

Hmm, I'm actually not doing the race across TN.  Already have a couple other virtual things in May and want to do more local things to support the local RDs.  But it's great that the event is so well supported and that food banks are benefiting.  DHuff and I are doing a May streak/50k -- run at least a mile a day for at least 50k, which RF Events is organizing.  And I'm doing a 12-hour at the end of May, a Human Potential Running Series event.

Ran 9.4 miles after work, which included 3 x 12 minute tempo intervals.

QOTD: Nuthin.  I don't stream.  And our basic cable package provides nothing worth watching.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

dhuffman63

Trails

Gatsby not sure what I was thinking when I signed up...never done a streak but I'm sure I can do 1 mile a day and I really need to get off my fat ass as I've not done anything but walk out to the mail box and go up and feed the horses.

qotd: Nature channel is really the only TV watching I do on a regular basis.  At first I was watching evening news as I just couldn't look away.  DH is the TV watcher.  I'm trying to finish my Python class but I'm thinking I need a stats refresher first.