Trailer Trash

Five below Fridaily (Read 26 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

what did you do to piss off the wife?

Tim- the hvac guy said he could make it last night late, but told him to come this morning instead (he was there as I was leaving). Our AC unit (it’s a ductless one) has a heat function, so it wasn’t too bad- a little chilly in the bedroom, but the great room has been comfortable.

Mike

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

This sounds like heaven!

Winter here too. Came up last night, kinda racing to beat another storm here and just made it in before the snow started. Probably another half a foot added to the 20" already here. Supposed to get another 8" tomorrow night. I'm currently snowed in with my long hilly driveway and the power is out. No worries though as I have lots of beer.   I suppose I should call my plow guy and talk real sweet.

On a sad note, the coffee I brewed earlier is now approaching room temperature with no power.  The suffering I have to endure....

I do plan on about 6 miles or so on the "roads". Hopefully be able to get out of here later today and go skiing. We shall see.

QOTD-  Hopefully a little skiing, snowshoeing, and running. I was hoping to get into Ironwood Mi. for a restock of provisions but who knows. Since I also have Monday free I was hoping to be back in Madison where it is supposed to be near 50F last I looked.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

haha.. my thoughts too but I wasn't going to say anything.

Is it time to trade him in on a younger newer model? 

Daydreamer1

Spent another morning in a class . Unlike Wednesday I didn't come home to nice weather. Today it's rather $hitty outside. 37 degrees and raining. Really wanted to stop by the AT and do about 13-15 miles but just couldn't get myself to do it with the weather. On top of that I crawled out of bed too late to properly prepare for the conditions.

Probably do an elliptical session and some weight training later tonight.

AT - Wish I could get partly caught up on some of my projects. This week was horrible for getting further behind.

QOTD: 36 fun filled  hours at work. 24 on Saturday and 12 hours Sunday night. Hopefully a run Sunday afternoon.

Daydreamer1

Is it time to trade him in on a younger newer model? 

Mandy,

Be careful of following the Sage's advice. It's true that the newer models come with a lot more bells and whistles. The problem is that those never seem to work as advertised and the DRAMA alarm always seems to be going off while the silence button doesn't work .

On top of that the newer models never seem to deliver as large of a paycheck .

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

what did you do to piss off the wife?

good catch 

LB- 89 degrees? - WTF?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bouldering?  Solo?  Roped solo?

Bouldering.

Running is dumb.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Sandy-2

Did 7 after work today. I think I’m starting to feel recovered.  It was 80 deg.

qotd: my college roommate is visiting this weekend. Not sure of the plans, but beer will be involved.

tbd.

Easy peasy 3.4 mile run around the neighborhood.  Temps in the upper 30s - WTH?  That's much colder than normal for us.

Queen, did you see that Salmon Falls has no real water crossing to speak of this year?  That's no fun!  Unlike the thigh-high torrent we crossed last year.

QOTD: 34k trail race tomorrow on new (to me) trails around Mt. Umunhum by San Jose, CA.  A friend wanted to do the 52k so I'm going along for the ride.  Temps supposed to be in the 30s tomorrow morning.  Builds character!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

XtremeTaper

8 miles for me today on a loop made up of a section of the Florida trail and the "Earn the Bern" mountain bike trail. I used to laugh at that moniker but not so much today. 86-88 today with a mix of sun and clouds. Left the Lady at home due to the heat. No water out in these forests. Saw a black racer (snake, about 3 foot) slithering across the trail and of all things a deer. Not sure where those deer get water... no streams or creeks in the woods. 

Drove into Hernando post run for cheeseburger, fries, and a Yuengling draft, while taking in the view of Lake Apopka.

QOTD: Short morning run tomorrow followed by round of golf with my BIL, dinner out on King's Bay (Crystal River) and a 1,000 mile drive back to PA on Sunday.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had to think about that fir a bit... niw I remember lots of mud at tge beginning and than the deep river crossing...  yea no water this year 

Easy peasy 3.4 mile run around the neighborhood.  Temps in the upper 30s - WTH?  That's much colder than normal for us.

Queen, did you see that Salmon Falls has no real water crossing to speak of this year?  That's no fun!  Unlike the thigh-high torrent we crossed last year.

QOTD: 34k trail race tomorrow on new (to me) trails around Mt. Umunhum by San Jose, CA.  A friend wanted to do the 52k so I'm going along for the ride.  Temps supposed to be in the 30s tomorrow morning.  Builds character!