Trailer Trash

It doesn't feel like Wednesday (Read 18 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

But that just means we're closer to the weekend.  Got in a  run and workout at the gym last night.  Not sure if I will have time tonight for anything.  Have a end of the year 5th grade band concert.  Oh buy- we get to listen to all the school district 5th graders who just started playing their instruments this year.  And if they are mostly like DS1, we're in for a beautiful display of music .  I think I might have to run when we get home, no matter what time it is.

QOTD: May mileage? Are you satisfied with it? with the effort? Any particular runs stand out to you?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

123.7, yes considering I started out very low on mileage.  May was supposed to be a low month anyways.  Time to ramp it up, I hope.

Have a great day!

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today and packing later for a trip to Maine to see my goddaughter graduate HS. Her dad was my best friend and he died 9 years ago from ALS.  She has a special place in my heart, and I can't wait to see her in her cap and gown.

QOTD:  215 or so.  That was down a bit for my May.  Plan is more speed work and more adventures with my running over the summer.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

I had a nice 7 last night with the Lady on our regular hilly loop at Coventry Woods. Warm, but the humidity felt lower and it was a good run. Not quite tempo effort but close to it. Not sure where we will run this evening. Maybe the green lane lake trails. Only looking for 7. I need to get some night runs in during the coming weeks but dang it's nearly 9pm before it's dark now. I think maybe I will extend my "long run" on Saturday in the evening past sunset.

QOTD: 274. Yes, satisfied with another solid month. Pretty much wrapped up my training for Mohican. The run that stands out to me the most is the 32 miler I did in the heat this past Saturday. That was a 2 loop mind f*ck. My 4.5 hour run in the mountains of MMT was a relaxing fun run so it sticks out as well.

AT - Catching up from yesterday.. congrats on your overall win this past weekend. I know it was tough and not mileage you wanted but good stuff.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm half sick right now, so I'm taking a a rest day to try to kick this thing.  Ugh.  Who gets a cold at the beginning of the summer?  I know I've been wearing myself a little thin lately, so I guess it's my own damn fault.

QOTD: I am very happy with my 153 miles, which is a big post-surgery monthly PR for me.  Hip has held up beautifully, and since cutting holes in my shoes, my feet have been fairly happy as well.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Legs are feeling beat up so it's time to break out the bike.  Just when I don't want to run DS asked if I want to go with him this evening for 6-7 miles. I don't really want to, but if he doesn't want to switch to a bike ride I'll do it. So I may get in both some bike miles and a run.

Wondering what became of Warden. Hope the grizzlies or lions didn't get him.

QOTD: 154.6.  Kind of satisfied. I'm behind pace for the year so another 10-20 miles would have been nice. On the flip side though, I did get in some bike miles.  No real memorable runs.  Last week was my highest weekly mileage that I can ever remember having. Just broke 60 miles. I would have been happy with biking on Sunday but when I saw that I could make the 60 I decided to run instead.

LB2

I ran 4 after work yesterday. It was hot. And the horseflies were relentless.

QOTD: 75. No. I am not happy. But I don't really have anything to train for right now. I plan to run Cajun Coyote in December. And if I do that, I will start a planned effort on June 20, which would be a 24 week deal. It is not too ambitious, but it is a plan that will work pretty well for my schedule.

LB2

NHLA

6 miles this afternoon. Sore this morn. from group run last night. Running fast one day a week is helping me speed up.

qotd  182 miles. Cradle to grave 30k is a bad memory. Head is healing up fine. Might not have a scar.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got up and ran this morning..5...gee why don't I do that more.   Going to gym at lunch and just might run with the group after work...but I doubt it.

My husband's friend fell off a ladder and died.  He was 60 and healthy.  Enjoy your life while your living.

QOTD: May 123.8.  I was going to say I was unhappy with my May miles but when I looked them up they were better than I thought.  My yearly goal is to reach 1,500 a number I have never hit.  According to my tracker I am 150 miles off my goal at this point.  I vow to make June a strong month.

Mr Jamie:  Don't listen to the music just enjoy the show and try not to laugh out loud.  beat you by .1  wish we were competing that month.

Yea thinking about Warden too...he should be surfacing soon. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Just got another 4+ up and down the ravines of Rock Creek.  Waited a little for the humidity to drop, but it didn't make it any less oppressive.  Saw a snake that I could not recognize, small (probably young of this year) and loose and light diamond pattern, reddish.  Probably a copperhead. Forked tongue-- does that mean anything?  I also came across a very tiny turtle- a terrapin- in the middle of the trail.  For some reason, turtles make me happy (unless it is a snapping turtle).

qotd: 73. Not happy either.  We also need more non-ultra runners posting.  Hey Lurkers, anyone? Please?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

We also need more non-ultra runners posting.  Hey Lurkers, anyone? Please?

I don't run ultras anymore!  Do I get to be part of the non-ultra club?

Warden hasn't logged in since May 26th. 

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Intervals with the club tonight, 6 x (400m, 200m) 100 walk recoveries, but I'll probably cut it a little short since I have a 5K on Saturday morning.

QOTD: 127.3, okay considering a very low mileage taper, recovery, and with the heat I've cut a number of runs short.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

Sometimes lurker checking in and a non-ultra runner. For runtrail .  Double workouts the last couple days with road biking and running plus a couple weight sessions thrown in. Again nothing too much like training, just quality of life stuff. Be heading out on the road bike soon with a rest day from running. As I mentioned before I am winding down the running to 4x per week and around 25-30 per.

Starting the process of looking for work again which is interesting to say the least. The place I just quit wants me back but sometimes it's time to move on. Have another option at a plant which would pay well but some seriously long hours so I am considering trying that for 6-8 weeks, make some money, quit, and then take August and Sept off. Or just keep looking.  Going to head north this evening for a couple days and not worry about it.

My husband's friend fell off a ladder and died.  He was 60 and healthy.  Enjoy your life while your living.

Queen-- One of my best friends and former ultra buddy is a painting contractor and wants me to work for him over the summer but your note above is exactly why I am very hesitant. Never been afraid of heights or working on ladders but I'm no spring chicken anymore either. Sorry to hear of this loss.

QOTD--My numbers are just over 90. Probably my lowest total in years other than when I had surgery. But considering I have spent the last 3 weeks on vacations I am very satisfied. No worries. Of course my only goal is to stay healthy and keep going. Very much done with any racing.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD--My numbers are just over 90. Probably my lowest total in years other than when I had surgery. But considering I have spent the last 3 weeks on vacations I am very satisfied. No worries. Of course my only goal is to stay healthy and keep going. Very much done with any racing.

Isn't that what you call "Between Jobs" 

Queen - I've done some stupid stuff on a ladder, and it drives my wife crazy. Sorry to hear about your husband's friend.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Mr Jamie:  Don't listen to the music just enjoy the show and try not to laugh out loud.  beat you by .1  wish we were competing that month.

Not sure I would have noticed that unless you said something.  We need a monthly challenge again - This month or next?