Trailer Trash

Thursdailies (Read 15 times)

Daydreamer1

Just got back from breakfast. When the kiddo were little right before school started we would ride out to one of the local restaurants for breakfast.  Not that they are grown we still try to do that on occasion and that's what we did.  I couldn't help but notice that tables that used to seat 6 people now only comfortably seat 4. Guess the tables are shrinking?????

Got in 18.2 miles on the bike and want to try to run tonight for 5-6 miles. Did 6 miles last night in the dark waiting for the moon to come up but it came up late, was small with a few clouds on the horizon. Still was a good run.

QOTD: Are you a complainer or do you suffer in silence?

For me it depends. If something is wrong with me physically I don't tell many people other then maybe here if it's running related, I just push through it as best as I can. If my order is screwed up in a restaurant it has to be pretty bad before I'll complain  because sometimes things just happen.

However, on the bigger stuff like car repairs etc. I'm getting really quick to complain and push the issue. Back in June we took our Hyundai in for a recall where the dealer was supposed to spray the under body because of rust.  When I got it home I changed the oil and found that the job was only about 1/2 way done. I complained to the dealer and got no response. Now I'm going to complain to Hyundai and send them the pictures. I'm hoping that they take the money back from the dealer for the job.  In the bigger things like this I'm starting to complain more because I'm seeing so many businesses that have no problem ripping people off.

LB2

I ran 7 this morning. It was horribly humid again today. It is always humid this time of year, but this year honestly seems to be a little worse than normal. It had just stopped raining when I walked out the door at 4AM. I think I would have been drier if I had run through a rain storm.

QOTD: After complaining about the weather in the first part of this post, I'll say that I am not a complainer. My complaints about such things are normally just hyperbole to make a point that it is quite uncomfortable out. If I feel like I got shafted on something, I'll say something if I think it will correct it. I know people who complain, though. My MIL ( I do love her, but...) always complains about her food at a restaurant or the service at any place we go.

LB2

Sandy-2

I plan to do 5 after work today.  Hopefully it will be raining, I'll stay dryer.

qotd: I'm not really a complainer, I tend to pick my battles.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 4 miles on some logging roads. Probably more hills than I should be running, but it went well.

Good luck XT on your knee surgery today. Hope all goes smoothly for your surgeon and speedy recovery for you.

QOTD:  Never been much of a complainer. I try to avoid any issues from arising by killing with kindness.  Works well for me. If there's an issue, and I've been Mr. nice guy, I found people attempt to resolve it quicker than if I had yelled and screamed.  My Dad was a salesman, and I think I learned it from him.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

some light strength training this evening; giving my legs a couple of days rest for this weekend

qotd: I love to complain about the heat, see my "why I hate summer thread" 

if something is not right- product, service, etc- I'm not shy about getting it rectified, I consider that consumer advocacy, not complaining 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

good afternoon, folks. Got in 11 miles with one of my running friends, who wanted to run long. So I did (this is long for me). Good easy pace, but I'm tired and came back a little too thirsty. Perfect running weather for the most part, though.

NH- how is Cloe doing? And good luck with the NPS parks this month. Maybe just try not to go on the eclipse. I always thought one of the best times was the last two weeks of August as many schools start then, but maybe that will not hold for parks in the eclipse route this year.

qotd: I'd like to say I'm not a complainer, but I do speak up, and often. I was talking with a cardiologist friend recently, and he was mentioning ER visits, and 'asshole factor' related to positive outcomes. Simply put, those that spoke up and insisted on being a part of their care and questioning, and perhaps being a bit of an asshole had significantly more positive outcomes than those patients that were 'nice' (and did not speak up).  So that's my excuse, if even not related to my health,  Feel free to speak up (and complain)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Went to bed around 9 PM and read  a bit than fell asleep. Heard the 5:30 alarm, but rolled over.  Never heard the 6:13 alarm and woke up at 7:55...wtf.  So called in late and took the dogs for a leisurely jog; me stopping for blackberries, Earl stopping to smell stop, and Jack just all out lagging.  I think he is getting fat and the heat gets him more.  Often Earl won't eat his food and if I don't put it away, too often Jack eats it.  So I need to keep a better eye on this.  Boot camp after work.

QOTD:  Both.  If someone is going to listen I may bitch to them but if I know they won't I just keep it to myself.

XT is under the knife  hope all goes well for him and he's back out running ASAP.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am back to struggling getting up for morning runs.  Hopefully I can turn that around soon.  I will get in something tonight - distance tbd.

XT - hope all goes well!

QOTD: I complain a lot in my head.  I try not to voice much of it.  It usually doesn't do any good so why both.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Good luck XT on your knee surgery today. Hope all goes smoothly for your surgeon and speedy recovery for you.

I wonder if they can scope it? I hope he can get back to running soon.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

A short interval session this morning and I'm calling the last few days my taper as I am hoping to have some energy for some big mountain miles over the next 12+ days.  Had to do some battle with my HMO today to get me some Doxycycline as they want to just be difficult. In the end I prevailed but I also got the lecture about the perils of over prescribing anti-biotics. Yeah, yeah.

I think he is getting fat and the heat gets him more.  

Boy do I understand that problem.

Runtrail--Cloe is doing great though she looks like hell. I'm happy she's out of pain and seems already like her old self. As far as the parks go the good thing is I've been to the 3 parks I'll be at multiple times so no need to visit the standard spots. Like at Yellowstone I'll just be in the southwest corner and you access that out of Idaho so while there will certainly be some people it won't be all too bad. Well off the standard routes for the hordes. I will not be driving thru any of Yellowstone at all, just a little foray into the Bechler region with a long run from the Bechler ranger station. That area is somewhat flat with an almost Serengeti look and an awful lot of waterfalls.

Mike--Yes, the beer could be a contributing factor but, but, I can quit anytime I want to.   Really though, I gave up any thoughts of being world class decades ago so I'll enjoy every craft brew that comes my way.

QOTD--never complain but I can bitch with the best of them. I call it venting and I believe it's therapeutic.