Trailer Trash

Short Work Week Mondaily (Read 17 times)

AT-runner

Tim

2 good runs over the weekend. One in shorts and t-shirt and the second one in tights, gloves a jacket and wearing a Buff over the ears.  Looks like not many warmer days in the long range forecast and snow flurries right now, so "Winter is Coming". SRD today.

QOTD:  I know almost all of us have Thanksgiving off, but how about Friday?  Any outdoor plans for "Black Friday?  I took off Friday and after turkey dinner DW, DD#2 and her boyfriend and I are heading to Chincoteague for the weekend.  Jess and I will do a long run on Black Friday.  Probably on Assateague Island around the nature preserve areas. That beats shopping any day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran 4.5 this morning. I debated holding off until this afternoon after work, but I almost always regret that. I think I would have regretted it today, too. It was gorgeous and 33*F. I ran in shorts, and a nice 1/4 zip pullover I got from Rocky Raccoon, and of course, some gloves. It was just about right. I love it when it gets below 40 degrees.

QOTD: I'll get a decent amount of running in over the long weekend; I do have Friday off. I also plan to do some deer/hog hunting. I have an unbelievable amount of hog sign up on our place. I threw some corn out on Thursday, but they don't seem to have found it. I will go back and check it after work tomorrow and put out more. I am not a big "bait hunter", but these are hogs. We just want them dead.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  I haven't ran in a week , but still racked up 37 miles last week .  Going to strength train after work.

qotd: I took Wed and Friday off; I'm going to be back up in the mountains hunting elk.  I foresee another week w/o running, but still keeping mileage up.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

6.0 last night in winds up to 50mph.  I did my one hill route. Went with the wind at my back going up 3 miles and into the wind coming back down, it worked out great!

QOTD I have off on Thursday and am doing a Turkey trot 5k but am back to work on Friday.

Daydreamer1

Came home from work and wanted to take a nap. That lasted about 25 minutes and I woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep. Sure I'll want to sleep in the middle of the afternoon . Oh well, that's what caffeine is for . One or two Monster Rehabs should do the trick.

No run today. Planning on heading to the gym this evening for some heavy (for me) lifting and will put in some time on the rowing machine.

QOTD:  I work Wed and Thurs nights at my full time job and picked up Friday night at my one part time gig.  No outdoor plans until Sunday.

I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
                                     Ain't it sad
            And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
                                      That's too bad
                          In my dreams I have a plan
                             If I got me a wealthy man   woman
            I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball..............      

ABBA

Actually I could work less than I do sometimes, but it is nice to have extra cash to play with and to stash away for a early (hopefully) retirement.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I've done nothing for the last few days and continued doing nothing this morning...  need to change that around.

QOTD:  I have Friday off.  Looks like a rainy weekend so guessing not much outdoors living going on.  A run of course.

Went to Hacksaw Ridge last .....soooooo good! Very intense.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Hmm, no run yet for me today. I'll get to the gym later for a short run on the treadmill and some strength training.

qotd: Our plans for Friday are to spend it outdoors.  Where, what and how are TBD but Shenandoah might be an option. I think the only shopping we're going to do this weekend is test drive some old subarus.

Gator eye

We did 8 this am, first cold run of the season at a cool 24 degree with a stiff wind.

QOTD: I plan to spend most of my long weekend sitting in a deer blind watchin the squirrels.

some call me Tim

Well, I said I was gonna get back at it, but maybe I'll just push the break a few more days xD. Lots of snow here over the last 24hrs. A whole bunch of it melted at first, but several inches finally stuck. It's not like I couldn't run in it or at the gym, but I'm inclined to make a fire, take down the screens and open all the blinds and enjoy it Smile

qotd: It all depends upon whether I can get my clients to focus. If so, everyone will be happy, I'll take a few extra hours off when the kids are in school and there might even be a couple extra bucks to fail to spend on BlaCyFriMon-month-and-a-half. But I suspect it's going to be very much the opposite.

Sandy-2

SRD for me. The day off was planned, but I had 2nd night jet lag syndrome last night too, so very sloppy today.

qotd: I have Friday off, will probably run and then do "stuff" around the house. Will stay out of all stores.

tbd.