Trailer Trash

Transition Tuesday (Read 22 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I just started doing books on tapes on my runs and love it.  So I could see where it would help on the treadmill.  The run was on the rather hot side.

Sue it took me 6 and 1/2 hours.  I wanted 34 to make up for missing the 50k but my stomach was acting up so I pulled the plug. I listen to Audible books and get into the stories so it doesn't bother me much.  I set up a mini AS in the kitchen and got off every 6 miles, ate, peed, then moved on.  I can try all sorts of things out and if craptastrophes happen I'm close to a toilet.

That hike looked hot, was it?  And of course you had to sit on the rock...lol.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Sue, just not seeing it but hey, whatever rocks your boat

duff-24 on a tm, I can’t imagine it. 24 on A tm doesn’t even sound possible. It can’t be done, Say it aint so!!

mandy- I don’t even know what to say, hoping the rest of the year goes better

I got in ten this am,

qOTD: I really miss running with Mr Jangles

Queen of Nothing

Sue

What's wrong with Jangles?!?!   please tell me he just slowing down but is OK!!

and She took the picture from a bad angle.

Sue, just not seeing it but hey, whatever rocks your boat

duff-24 on a tm, I can’t imagine it. 24 on A tm doesn’t even sound possible. It can’t be done, Say it aint so!!

mandy- I don’t even know what to say, hoping the rest of the year goes better

I got in ten this am,

dhuffman63

Trails

Gator, sure it can be done, if nothing else it's certainly mentally toughening.  I have my first 50 miler in Dec and expect that to be hard since I know it might take 20 hours and in the dark...not my favorite, well right now.

AT-runner

Tim

Gator - Hope everything is OK with Mr. Jangles.

dhuff - WOWser.  That might be close to a forum record for a TM run.  Someone on RWOL did a marathon on a TM, (or maybe it was Kelly A, and he only really only did 13.1). If you can do 24 on a Hamster Mill , then you're golden for the 50K.

Sue - No response to that picture, and you know that's rare for me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

dhuffman - Sorry to hear you got the bug and missed the 50K.  There will be others.  Impressive work on the treadmill!

Dr. Jamie - Sounds like you have your hands full.  Good luck, all around!

Sue - That pic cracks me up!  I want to say some smartass comment, but nothing is coming to my head.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Someone on RWOL did a marathon on a TM, (or maybe it was Kelly A, and he only really only did 13.1).

Thanks, AT.  I laughed.

Okay, now I'm concerned about Mr. Jangles too.  Please post an update, Gator.

Sue, the move was fine.  My place is nice.  I just don't want to be there.  Sorry, I'm having a pity party day.  Lots of crying over the weekend, being in my old home one last time, missing everything, etc.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Thanks, AT.  I laughed.

I really don't mean to pick on Kelly, but I still have an incredibly hard time wrapping my head around it, so I joke about it.

Sandy-2

When you see a rock that looks like a penis you must climb on it!

Image may contain: Sue Piscatella, smiling, outdoor and nature

The run was on the rather hot side. 

tbd.

Gator eye

Thanks for all the concern, Mr Jangles is alive and well but he’s also old and having a hard time with the heat and humidity. He wants to go but melts after a half mile or so, once the weather breaks he should be back at it.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

penis rock FTW!     

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Thanks for all the concern, Mr Jangles is alive and well but he’s also old and having a hard time with the heat and humidity. He wants to go but melts after a half mile or so, once the weather breaks he should be back at it.

That describes half of us right now.

Glad he is OK, had us worried.

GC100k

Squats, deadlifts, and a few miles running split between road and trail this morning.

I'm in academia so it's a transition from summer to fall. Bought a headlamp cause it looks like I may have to do some pre- or post-daylight running.

With all the crap that Sue has gone through, I'm not going to grumble. Good on her (you if you're reading Sue) for reporting in and and going on.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

dhuff - WOWser.  That might be close to a forum record for a TM run.  Someone on RWOL did a marathon on a TM, (or maybe it was Kelly A, and he only really only did 13.1). If you can do 24 on a Hamster Mill , then you're golden for the 50K.

Not a forum runner, but a friend I met at NC24 from WV ran an American women's record 136.87 miles on a TM on July 1-2 this year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanks..but ummmm I think you meant someone else since I should be going through major transactions but have just been avoiding them. 

Squats, deadlifts, and a few miles running split between road and trail this morning.

I'm in academia so it's a transition from summer to fall. Bought a headlamp cause it looks like I may have to do some pre- or post-daylight running.

With all the crap that Sue has gone through, I'm not going to grumble. Good on her (you if you're reading Sue) for reporting in and and going on.