Trailer Trash

Queen's First 50 Miler: Siskiyou Out & Back (Read 38 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That's funny that you know them.  I've only run with them a few times but had a great time with them this weekend.  Awesome twosome.  I know they came from the bay area but not sure how long they have been in our town.   small world.  I was extremely happy making the SOB my first.  I would actually go back there and do it again.

Hey, I know Lane and Bruce!  They volunteer every year at ALT at WS!  Small trail-running-world moment...

Well done on your first 50!  Great photos too (although when you mentioned a little crown in the 2nd pic, I was looking for something to put on your head....)

I'm pondering doing my first 50 miler next year.  You happy with doing SOB for your first?  I was looking at Mt. Hood 50 recently.  Want to stay  in the west but run somewhere other than Auburn or the Bay Area.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I cry at parades too...WTF is wrong with us!!    thank god for sunglasses. 

Congratulations, Queen!  What a great race and first 50.   And I was choked up for you, just reading your RR (but I cry at parades, so there you go ).

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanks for noticing. 

Very cool! Very happy for you.  You guys definitely have some great looking trails out west. I enjoyed reading your report.

BTW - nice legs! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yes I was/am going to quit these long run things.   my husband is encouraging me to do a 100.  For now I am just going to run for fun.

Way to go Queenie. The photo at mile 41.. making it look easy. Great scenery and glad you had a good day and weather for that first 50. Disappointing about the warm beer though. LOL. Weren't you the one a month or so wondering about the sensibilities of doing this long stuff. Look at you now. It is a time suck but seems like you know what are doing out there. Enjoy it while you can I say!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

If I can do it you can do it!!!

Frickin' Sweet!  Congrats on a wonderfully run race- I knew you'd get it.  You're motivating me to look at a 50 mile 

I'd be crying too over a warm beer!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanks for all the nice comments and the encouragement ALL of you guys have given me over the years.  It was fun.

NHLA

Congrats!!  Great race and RR. What a course.

Watoni

I am so happy for you!

I actually was going to sign up for that race until I got injured .... maybe next year!

muppy

Congratulations on a great race!  Thanks for all the great pictures also.