Trailer Trash

Short Week Wednesdaily (Read 22 times)

Gator eye

Another ten this am

QOTD: oh yes, this time of the year in Michigan I can start off a run hungry and finish full. Apples, blackberries and rasberries. Maybe a tomatoe when the neighbors aren’t lookin and some bugs here and there

LB2

Jamie:  Plan!   Plan!  I am suppose to have a plan!  I was thinking 20 long run this weekend but on a totally runnable trail as the rae is pegged as runnable...except the walking parts   Freaked out, yes I am freaked out.  I was going to get back to my mediation practices so I can stay in the movement.  I am just going to focus on the fact that I will be out there 28 hours no matter what so don't rush anything.    I am going to map out the course, distance and try to figure out what time I will be a drop bag locations and what needs to be in them??  My last 50, I dropped a bag but totally forgot about it.  The main thing is warm clothes and flash lights.  Well that might of been more than you were asking. 

Sue: In reference to your plan, make sure you have one and stick to it. I agree with Xtreme Taper: You may want to drop the night time bag an AS before you think you need it. I think you will do fine. That course seems to be laid out in a way that makes logistics pretty runner friendly as opposed to some courses. Work on that hiking this weekend; that is a skill that is worth its weight in gold. I can hardly wait to hear about it. Good luck.

LB2

Bert-o

I lost my rama

From a few here, I realize I've been short-changing myself in the protein department.

AT - Hope that toe gets better soon!  Sue tells me you have a bromance coming up.

runtrail - Weather is definitely looking better for the weekend and your half!

NH - Nice work on the scoreboard, especially the brewpubs.  Keep it up!  Hope you continue to acclimate.

Sandy - Hope the knee gets better soon.

valerie - Sorry to hear about the unsupported attempt.  Still a nice outing though.

Sue - I have no advice to give, but I will gladly live vicariously through you (minus giant rock penises).

FTYC - Hope you're getting some rest.  I much prefer being around a giant praying mantis vs spiders.  They're pretty cool to watch, if you're not too spooked by them.

jamezilla - Good luck on your half this weekend!  On Nov 4th, I'll be rooting for you at about mile 11.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

while everyone else was working (well except NH)..,,

a three lake, 22 mile jaunt in the Big Belt Mtns- the grouse weren’t cooperating (which will make NH happy as he doesn’t like to hear of grouse killed with a .22 Smile), the cutthroat were

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

NH- sounds like it might be wise to throw in some traction???

Queen- never ran a 100, but will offer up advice on the lamp- use lithium batteries- better life AND lighter, I would bring two lamps just in case (and spare batteries as Sandy recommended)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √