Trailer Trash

Moon Monday (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I was lined up to pace him at Cajun Coyote, but he dropped to the 100K. I was still going to run a loop, but he came back after the first loop and we drank beer. We paced ourselves with that, though.

Whoops, that's right, I even remember reading the RR.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning although I should have since it's sunny and dry and another storm is coming in.  I am in taper mode for my 50K (30K?) this weekend.  Of course I actually don't remember training for it so unsure how I can be in taper mode.  I am going to my new gym today and seeing a training for a free session.  Hope he focus on what I need to do at this new gym versus spending the time trying to get me to hire him. 

QOTD:  I don't know!!!  First I am not signing up for anything so I can be available to work on house to help put it up for sale this spring.  We have 9 tall, tall (100 feet?) pines that need to come down and will take a lot of work cleaning them up and getting rid of the wood.  Second thinking of signing up for Marquette 50Miler because I have wanted to do this for years.  It's in August so I should be done doing extra work at the house.  Third I want to work on my consistency and run at least 5 days a week!  Ok I guess I do have a plan.

Gator Eye:  Marquette 50 keeps sending me updates that there are 6 spots left in the 50 miler.  It's only $100 (which is wrong to say only but in comparison to other races fairly affordable) so thinking of signing up.  Need to decide soon.  Are you going?

runtrailDC:  You need to stick to the trail. 

daydreamer:  I have been thinking about that a lot lately, as in the long runs are taking the fun out of running.  I like them I just get tired of having to do them.  If I sign up for the 50 miler I am going to follow extremes routine where he runs consistently during the weeks with a couple 10 milers during the week.

muppy:  Congrats on a new PR

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

My new mantra and running philosophy.

"I actually don't remember training for it so unsure how I can be in taper mode"  -  Queen of Nothing

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

My new mantra and running philosophy.

"I actually don't remember training for it so unsure how I can be in taper mode"  -  Queen of Nothing

Haha, totally agree.

Put that right up there with...  "I'm taking it easy today since I'm only running this 50 miler as a training run."

Queen - You sure do have a lot of plans for someone without a plan.  Love the Michigan idea. Do it, sign up before it's too late!

LB2

Queen - You sure do have a lot of plans for someone without a plan.  Love the Michigan idea. Do it, sign up before it's too late!

I agree with AT. Grow a pair, Sue. Sign up for the 50 miler. Then, sign up for a 100 miler 6 to 8 weeks later.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Asshole...I mean enabler.   and by they way it feels weird having balls.

I agree with AT. Grow a pair, Sue. Sign up for the 50 miler. Then, sign up for a 100 miler 6 to 8 weeks later.

AT-runner

Tim

That's what Jack said, but he was better off with them.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.4 miles today. throwing pace out the window and having to judge by perceived effort. 3 miles at tempo effort was barely under 13:00 pace. That leads into the

qotd: need to get back to focusing more on speed and adding more hill work. While I have a number of races I'm considering, the only ones I've actually registered for are the 10K in Champaign-Urbana as part of the Illinois Marathon weekend (FE with a bunch of friends from one of the RWOL forums), and the Powderface 21K in Kananaskis, AB, where I'll need to be better prepared for hills than I was this year. To avoid people having to look up where that is, it's between Calgary and Banff which means mountains as in Canadian Rockies.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we had a small reprieve from the arctic weather over the weekend, highs in the balmy 20's!  Ran 1/ miles in the snow on Saturday, usually takes a little over two hours- with the snow close to three. Got about 12 miles in snowshoeing yesterday.

qotd: not much, this year I kept all my races at 25 miles and under; think I will do the same this year.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

ouch!!  don't  you know I have already heard this many times from the old man!!

That's what Jack said, but he was better off with them.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Little over 2.5 hours for a mile.  Hmmmm

Ran 1/ miles in the snow on Saturday, usually takes a little over two hours- with the snow close to three.

Sandy-2

Sandy - Congrats on DD's 50 miler. FWIW  on the avulsion fracture I have at least one and maybe two bone chips floating around in my ankles from the stupid things.  They've never given me any real problems, however, they are at a different location from where her's would be.

DD just got out of the orthopedist's office, she told me that the avulsion is minimal and will only require a walking boot for 4 weeks.  They said the small chip will be "absorbed".  Then she can do some light walking for 2 weeks after that, and then perhaps she can start jogging.  Fingers crossed.

tbd.

LB2

Nice, Sue. I forgot I commented on that. It was just a "drive-by". You will do great.

LB2