Trailer Trash

Time Overload Tuesdailies (Read 28 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Dropped the kids off at the school bus, leaving them up to their fate for the new school year. Freedom gained back, at last! 

(Although I always enjoy the lazy flow of summer, I have to admit.) Now what do I do with all that free time on a day off from work... 

Getting ready for a few miles on the trails shortly.

Have a great day, everyone!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 3 last night, fairly late.  I think I will use the first day of September as a rest day.

Couch - enjoy the freedom!

QOTD: Have you ever skipped work for a run? or skipped a family function? or other event?

I haven't but considering timing a half day off just right when I have a meeting near trails so I can get in a nice long run.  I just don't have it in my to "call off" to go run - especially when DW would probably kill me.  I have plenty of other stuff that needs done that a day off could help with.  But a man can dream...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Muggy miles with sweat and spiders. Never really got that smile on my face that I usually get during a trail run. Can't wait for autumn!!!

Marie - enjoy the solitude and your newly found free time, you deserve it.

QOTD: Work, no. Family function, hell yes.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

8 in this am. Nothing to write home about.

QOTD. Haven't called in.....yet. But I have gone in late to get in a midweek long run.

NHLA

6 miles on Echo Mt. Nice morning.

qotd   yes yes & yes.  I am the boss so I take off when I want to.  My family and DW family  know I am going to run.

I have run between the burial and meeting at the church before. I know FIL didn't mind. He was always supportive of my running.

XtremeTaper

Hello all... Yesterday evening a pleasing somewhat speedy 7 miles on the easy side of Green Lane lake. The car thermometer registered 88-90 on the drive over but it was actually quite pleasant for an evening run. I managed some trail tempo effort as I was feeling good. Blinded by the sun a few times as the giant red ball was shining off the lake and this loop returns west into the sun. Tonight. Likely 7 more TTBD. Trail to be determined.

QOTD: I get a bit creative sometime in the dark months and take a long lunch for some afternoon trail time, but since I work at home I end just working later in the evening. I can't of any family functions I've missed due to running. Granted I have gone places with family (beach, park, etc.) and went out for a run but always came back.

Couch - I hear the trails calling your name today. Enjoy.

AT - I think mornings are rougher than evenings for humidity and spiders. Oh, and the spiderwebs in FL this past summer freaked  me out as they all had a monster sized spider on them.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'm happy to report that I ran outside (yes outside!) yesterday evening-I can't tell you how nice that run was. We look pretty smoke free thus far today and they are calling for rain all weekend, we may be slowly able to gain some ground on all these fires!  I normally strength train early in the week, but if the air stays clear I'll probably run again this evening.

qotd: I've missed a few family functions to run, but I usually get the bosses blessing first 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

1st day of "training" -- trying to step up without injury Will try for 6-8 miles

Might see if I can get HR zones based on one of the climbs ... coach wants them

Couch -- enjoy! My bride is also getting some days off now that the boys are back in session

QOTD: If long lunches count, yes ....

Daydreamer1

Planning on 7-8 miles in a bit. Just crawled out of bed so only one eye is open yet. It'll take awhile for me to wake up so It's probably going to be this evening until I actually get out.

QOTD: Over the years I've taken numerous "mental health" days when I called off simply because I was feeling in a overall crappy mood.  Most of the time I'd end up either out on the bike or running. Never called off specifically to run or ride.  Never missed a family function.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Little baby run this morning 4.4 with Mutts.

QOTD:  I did take a day off to get a long run in recently.   The way things are going here and with retirement coming closer I think I will do that more often.      I definitely do the long lunches in the winter.   I would never do it for a family function.    I enjoy them too much.

Couch:   What is this free time you speak of?  I don't even have kids but still do not seem to have free time!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

8+ miles with lots of elevation, what fun. Especially in the heat!

QOTD: I twisted my hours around when I was young to be able to run on nice days, but I had a very flexible schedule then. So not really "skipped" work.

I have not totally missed family events for a run, but I have done long (26+ miles) runs e.g. on Thanksgiving Day - on the up side, that allowed for bigger portions at the Thanksgiving Dinner, but then I almost fell asleep for the rest of the evening and missed out on most of the family gathering. 

Run for fun.

LB2

Five after work.

QOTD: Yes, I have missed work to run, but that is always when things are really slow, which should happen in about a month.

LB2

4-5 after work today. It's brutal out there, but still preferable to the treadmill.

QOTD: Yep, I think I did it while training for my first road marathon. Had no real schedule and needed to get in a 20 miler before race day. ha!

some call me Tim

Go get em Watoni!

4 easy miles on the home trails today... just taking it easy for a bit, but I'll get back up to reasonable daily mileage asap for the sake of sanity.

qotd: Nope, but my job has been my kids - very malleable schedule, but no respite. In a little over a week the both of them will be in school full time for the first time and a new phase will begin!

AT-runner

Tim

1st day of "training" -- trying to step up without injury Will try for 6-8 miles

Might see if I can get HR zones based on one of the climbs ... coach wants them

Good luck.  Hope the injury bug stays away this time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!