Trailer Trash

Frosty Fridailies (Read 39 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I did 3 miles on th treadmill this morning...until then it's been 18 days since a run...for no good reason!!!

Moonlightrun:  Yes I am back from my visit to the frozen tundra of Michigan!!  Although cold here, it must of been warm while I was gone and the bushes in my yard are flowering (although they may get snowed on this weekend!)

Bjorn:  That's too bad your not going to make coll.  Was looking ofrward to meeting you...no sitters available?

LB2:  Pictures please...you know for Jon.

QOTD:  Snoopy

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Got in a nice 7.5 miles on some great single track. Enough usage that the snow was packed nicely other than a couple areas where the wind was drifting snow over and it was a bit deep. Ran into an old guy hiking who was also wearing microspikes so we both chatted up their virtues. He told me that last year he slipped and fell on his head and ended up in the ER so he thinks the cost of the spikes are pretty cheap compared to that. He just might be on to something there...

Anyway, I am free for a bit so I'll be heading to Frozen Head park in Tn (Barkley venue) and then to the Red River Gorge area of Eastern Ky. for some chilly camping and trail usage. I've run the Red River Gorge area in the past and it is incredible with cliffs, arches, etc. It may still be cold there but it will be an improvement over Siberia/Wisconsin. Head out later tomorrow.

moonlight--I did get your PM and I am very interested in doing that. Actually I'm glad you brought it up and jogged my brain on that event. Appreciate your offer on the shuttle too, one less thing to think about. Looked at the map of the course and it does seem a little different from back when I did it but should still be a winner. We'll have to stay in touch.  BTW--It seems like a lot of events utilize power company right of ways as there are a lot of infamous power line sections scattered about but let me tell you--the power line section of this race is intense. 

QOTD--No idea but yeah I remember Mighty Mouse, that's a good one.

I did a nice 25 mile bike ride with DD and SIL.

QOTD: Dudley Do-right.  Not really a superhero, so seriously I don't have one really.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Chnaiur

That's a good stretch, thanks. I use something similar to that on long runs, holding onto a tree.
          I don't think my issue is serious, I've felt out of alignment for quite some time and the recent
          pain may just be a culmination of running while my body compesates. I'm in pain in lower
          back, left side, I don't have full range of motion when bending or twisting. I'm amazed that
          I groan when I twist in bed but I can still run without pain, that tells me in ain't serious.

Almost every time I have back pain, the first step is to stretch out the hip flexors. They are the villains rotating my hips forward and pulling my lower back out of alignment.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Chnaiur

Bjorn:  That's too bad your not going to make coll.  Was looking ofrward to meeting you...no sitters available?

I could bring someone in, but it would just feel wrong. They are in school and  with a nanny 50 hours per week, and I just want them to be with their parents the rest of their time. These early years are so precious. We probably need to find some other way to meet up. (If I can't find a local, trusted nanny who could watch them during the race itself, but that's unlikely).

Passing over some really cool Alaskan fjords in what I beleive is Toqiak National Wildlife Refuge. In-flight WiFi is awesome.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Birdwell

Nice rain coming down outside.

Looking forward to a 13:19:13 tempo run tonight.  My goal is to do the first 13 slow enough , that I can run the Middle 19 3o seconds faster pace...

Are you talking miles in your 13-19-13? If so, that's quite the training run!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

weather still sucks here so.....  5 miles on the treadmill; although we were above 0 for three hours today- hooray!

qotd: is Conan the Barbarian a superhero? Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √