Trailer Trash

What's that Red Ball in the Sky Thursdaily (Read 21 times)

AT-runner

Tim

The Sun has made an appearance in South Central PA.    Haven't seen it in a week. Now off for a nice run on muddy trails after really heavy storms the past 2 days.

Just had a delivery from Black Diamond with replacement poles for DW.  She broke a pole when she fell on a scree section coming down Mt. Evans.  Sent off a picture and a message and new poles sent out right away.  Nice customer support.  Hopefully these last more that 3 hikes.

QOTD:  Best and /or worst customer service experience for running / exercise related gear?  Best for me is Osprey (Black Diamond is a close second now).  When I had ordered my Rev 1.5L Pack, it had not arrived when it was due and wasn't showing up on tracking.  I called to see where it was, and they couldn't find it either and apologized and overnighted another pack.  2 days later the first order showed up and I called to see about a label to ship it back.  They said "we're sorry about your delay, so keep both packs and enjoy".  DW used the second one and they served us well for a long time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Yesterday was a TURD for me.  Supposed to rain, again, tonight so might be taking it inside for a light run this evening.  We'll see.

George - re your comments yesterday - IMO it all depends on how you are feeling.  You have time to build on what you have done.  We are a bunch of enablers so unless you are hurt most of us would say go for it.  If you're enjoying the experiences, go for it.  ATY sounds cool.  Just don't use the port-a-potties for more than a minute if you can help it.

QOTD: I can't recall any bad CS related to running related gear.  RunningWarehouse has always been good to work with.  Non running related on the other hand....

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

We had some sun here east of you yesterday during the midday. I went out and ran 5 miles in the sunshine on the road. How come averaged paced road runs feel like tempo work to me? It was actually sort of hot, and since the pool is still open I took a splash in the pool post run. So a dash and splash for me yesterday. Oh, and a double as the clouds moved back in by late afternoon and I took the Lady up to the local trail for a 3 mile dog jog. It was bit too warm and humid for her liking, but we took it easy.

Storm and rain rolled in last night, today is a bit cooler and partly cloudy. Looking to get in 6 or 7 miles this evening.

QOTD: Nothing really sticks out for me.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Registered for Piedmont 8-Hour on Oct 27th, a very low key race on a 2.85 miles trail in Powhatan State Park, VA. I ran it last year. It will be a good challenge to see if I can get 11 laps in for 31.35 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

Well it appears that  RA knows I've not been running and doesn't want to let me on the site .  Had a good bit of trouble logging in lately.

Sitting at work today.  I was going to go out and do laps in the parking lot but damn is it feeling cold out there. Unlike further to the south we haven't really gotten any sunshine here yet.

QOTD:  No real horror stories with CS. Runningwarehouse is always OK as is the one local running store.  In fact the people at 3 of the 4 locations that the LRS has are very helpful.  They do have a 4th store where the manager is too aloof and seems to hire people that just don't know running.  Nothing real bad, just not a great experience at that store so I use the other ones.

On the bike side of things my LBS is pretty good. The next closest one however is not very good and I avoid them.  Years ago I got so mad at Performance Bike that I not only quit dealing with them but also cancelled my membership.  That was back around 2010 and I've forgotten what the issues actually were .   I think it had to do with them overcharging me and not giving me my rewards points.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4.5 miles with Tiny E yesterday evening- oh how I love Indian summer!!!

not sure what’s in store this evening- trails or weights

qotd: have had really good experiences with Outdoor Research and MSR, Black Diamond only warranties their poles for a year, but they did offer me a 40% discount on a new pair; haven’t had any disappointing CS issues yet with outdoor gear- knock on wood

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had to be at work early so no run but did walk the dogs.  I can see the veins and tendons now.  Feet were pretty puffed up before.

wotd:  I started to write something a realize it was a normal level of services, seem people are treating each other worse these days so if someone is good we think we are getting great services.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - Nice on those poles!  I have other BD products and they've stood up well.  The quality of products help justify replacement cost for the company when one occasionally breaks.  I'm sure the free plugs you're sending out for them help too. 

XT - I would have loved a pool after last night's run.  I swore the relative humidity was 150%.

wc - Awesome on signing up for that race!

Daydreamer - RA doesn't punish you for slacking on your running.  They punish you for talking about biking all the time on a running website. 

warden - Glad you're enjoying the Indian summer!  Looking forward to reading about the bison hunt.  Waiting for a bit of free time, so I can best enjoy it.

Sue - I thought veins and tendons fell off your feet when doing 100's.  Glad to hear they do grow back!

I got 7 miles in yesterday evening before the next round of t-storms.  But it was so humid that it was shocking the volume of sweat coming out of my body.  Looking to get 4 or so tonight.  Much cooler and less humid after the storm.  Looking forward to it!

QOTD:  Nothing really comes to mind.  But like Sue said, the expectations are really low.  I don't call a CSR unless I'm prepared to listen to music for an hour.  If I talk to a live body after a few minutes, I'm happy.  I haven't had to deal with returning any gear (knock on wood).

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Sandy-2

SRD today.  Made it to Logan,UT my flight to SLC was delayed due to Tstorms so after the drive north I got in at 1:30am, but that’s why I decided to fly Wed night instead of Thus morning.

It was 37 deg this morning and NO humidity!!!  I was walking around in a tee shirt. So nice!!!

Thanks for the GL messages.

The calm before the storm...  this is where the start will be tomorrow. We’ll head up those hills.

Looking the other way out over the town.

qotd: No problems come to mind related to running.  UD replaced a bladder for me and Runners wherehouse has been good.

tbd.

runtraildc

Hi all. Got in 5 miles with a running friend, who is coming off an injury. I'm hoping for her sake (and, ok, mine) that she stays healthy. She's one of my faster running friends. Without her and another, I've been falling into the slower aged runner  group faster than I think I should be. Sun is back behind the clouds, but yesterday was definitely a treat. It is much cooler today (60s) so I'll take that too

qotd: What Queen said.

GC100k

I'm supposedly in the 2nd week of my 3 week taper. Aren't I supposed to be feeling good? Nothing hurts, but I'm still feeling tired and worn out. I might cheat low on my taper and get even more rest than the plan.

No run today. Did do an upper body weight session. Decided not to squat or deadlift this week or next and rest the legs and back.

QOTD: worst: every time I've tried to give business to a local running store, including the local one where I am now. Never seems to turn out well.

best: returned some shoes to REI last spring and they paid for the shipping back to them and were so helpful and great.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sandy - Glad you got there ok, despite the delays.  Scenery is beautiful... I forgot what an open, clear, crisp, blue sky looked like.  Good luck tomorrow!!!

runtrail - 60's in your neck of the woods is practically cold.  Enjoy!

GC - Taper time also throws me off, which of course, messes with the mind.  I'm sure you'll wake up race morning feeling good, which is the only time that counts.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good luck Sandy; as well as you train- probably don’t need luck ( but it never hurts Smile)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy - good luck. I can't wait until February when you do your RR. 

Bear 100 Live Tracking  for those who want to follow along.  Bib #227 Race is Friday to Saturday.

P.S. - real first name isn't Sandy (it's Gary).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran a 2.5 mile loop this morning.

Good luck Sandy. I miss Logan, UT. Go eat at the Beehive Grill, before or after the race. Good food and good beer.

QOTD: Runningwarehouse is pretty much the only place I do any running business, and I do that because their customer service is so good.

LB2