Trailer Trash

Muggy Mondaily (Read 30 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Morning trail lovers. I took an unusual SRD yesterday because I just wanted a day off and I had a thousand other things to do.  So today (my usual SRD) I'll do a short run at lunch.  Muggy here with thunderstorms approaching but then humidity is supposed to drop.

QOTD:  You have a week to do anything you want, what do you do with it (and money is no object).  Beach, mountains, "staycation", and where do you go?

I'd take a tent and see some National Parks on my list. Glacier NP is on top now.  DW would go lay on an island beach somewhere.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Not sure what's happening today as I woke up with this dizziness thing happening. Feel a little effed up so it may be a rest day. We'll see and hold out hope.  Hate losing anytime to illness as there are things that need doing. Just in the last few minutes sitting here drinking coffee I have seen a couple runners go by running in the hood. Grrrr.

E/A--Now another runner just went by. Double Grrr!

QOTD--Since the money part is of no concern I would head for some posh accommodations in the Virgin Islands.

XtremeTaper

Good morning AT. Not sure on the plan for today but I will hit French Creek this evening for 7-8 miles. I have not been out there for awhile.

QOTD: Likely a trip to the south pacific, bora bora or some such place where the reef and snorkeling are spectacular. Stay in one of those deluxe huts over the lagoon. Actually lived this dream once in the Maldives but unfortunately the reefs there had some coral bleaching.

Harrier - St John? Was there a few years ago (off season). Nothing like a nice hike/run up the mountain and down in the morning followed by a swim than coffee on the patio.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Not sure what's happening today as I woke up with this dizziness thing happening. Feel a little effed up so it may be a rest day. 

That was what I felt, yesterday. DW thought it was the 10.2% ABV craft beer I had on Saturday, but that couldn't have been it. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

6 miles 51 min. Echo Mt.

QOTD   run  Paris Marathon

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I hope to get out tonight for a run.  Still feeling the affects of so much climbing on Saturday (posting report thingy soon).

QOTD: Anywhere without the kids! Ha.  Maybe a nice island where the water is crystal clear or baby blue, waterfalls are a plenty, beaches are white and trails are miles and miles!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Ended up not doing a thing yesterday, at least in the biking, running or walking catagories. Rest day today as well due to being at work.

QOTD: Guided hunting trip in Alaska for Caribou and/or moose. Or maybe a guided trip for bear in Yukon Territories or British Columbia.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning, Gentlemen,

Just off work and planning a nice run after my second breakfast has settled.

Harrier: Hope you'll be fine soon.

QOTD: Not sure if I'd want to take the kids somewhere to show them some nice places, or if I'd want to have my own fun vacation. I guess the Big Island of Hawaii would always be fun, though, either way.

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

Heyyy you guuuuys!

I'm in Allegany State Park for the week and reception here is terrible, but the trails are in great shape. Just ran the first 18 miles of the Finger Lakes Trail yesterday, a yearly tradition now and at least I didn't lose the trail this time, though it's still a bit more technical than I'm used to. Saw a mama black bear and cubs on the way to the trail head yesterday, but I think I clomped loudly enough to avoid any encounters on the run. .

Have a great week!

AT, my brother and his wife just came here from Glacier, just stunned. He's been to good portion of the National Parks and was raving about it.

LB2

I ran 6 before daybreak.

QOTD: Money is no object... Hmmm. I think I would go on a archery moose hunt in Alaska. I would say a spring turkey hunt/running adventure in New Mexico, but I actually did that this year. It was all that I thought it would be and then some.

LB2

moonlightrunner

Rest day for me. Had two great runs this weekend liking ahead to races. I am in no shape for DWD/Hell in September. So...I am thinking of training for a 50 miler in January at the Yankee Springs Winter Challenge. The we will see if I can run it or the 50k come January. I feel bad about missing DWD.

QOTD: I would love to go someplace my daughter and grand kids could have fun while I am out running someplace beautiful.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Did a little bit of biking over the weekend  -- just some easy spinning on the flat bike paths.  Felt really good to get outside.

QOTD: I'm heading to either Southern South America (Argentina/Chile) or I'm heading to the Himalayas (no interest in Everest, but would love to do some other hiking in the mountains.)

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ummmm did not run this am and probably won't this PM and no run over the weekend...  just life getting in the way.  Gym is planned for lunch.

QOTD:  Right now actually I need a week to get my house in order....but let's see.   We were just talking about house boating on Lake Powell again.  So maybe a trip through Utah with some MT Biking, running and boating.  Because money is not an issue we are going in a top of the line RV where we have staff to cook, clean, and massage us everyday.

The reality is I have next week off and will be spending it visiting family in beautiful Traverse City, MI.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

adkkev

QOTD: Guided hunting trip in Alaska for Caribou and/or moose. Or maybe a guided trip for bear in Yukon Territories or British Columbia.

My son will guide you for nothing ... he's always looking for someone to shelp along with him on his hunting trips (he lives in Fairbanks).  Just pay your way to get up there ... he's done fly in/out trips, hikes, and believe it not, rode his mtn bike into the bush for caribou (and he got one).  If you're into salmon fishing, he always needs a partner for dip netting.

Daydreamer1

My son will guide you for nothing ... he's always looking for someone to shelp along with him on his hunting trips (he lives in Fairbanks).  Just pay your way to get up there ... he's done fly in/out trips, hikes, and believe it not, rode his mtn bike into the bush for caribou (and he got one).  If you're into salmon fishing, he always needs a partner for dip netting.

Dip netting for salmon on the Copper River? I'm not that crazy .  Is your son a licensed guide? The reason I'm asking is because I thought there were some pretty stringent rules for out of staters coming in to hunt. I could be wrong, but I thought that you had to either be with a family member or a licensed guide.