Trailer Trash

Rainy Day Tuesdaily (Read 32 times)

moonlightrunner

I set the alarm for 0400...and didn't go running.I am a reluctant morning runner anyway...and the rain made it too easy to say no. I am trying to be more like all of you...but the work is still in progress. I will put in some miles tonight after work.

Qotd: Since May is looming ahead...what running goals/plans do you have? My goal is to settle into a solid running routine and to train for a treal half marathon.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

Limited time this morning so I stayed in the hood and ran hills. All the roads in my neighborhood dead end at the foot of the Wasatch Front, so I can run down a street, turn up a road and climb. I just run through the neighborhood repeating this.

QOTD: My race season is starting to heat up. I skipped a 100 miler last weekend that I had planned to try to win. I stayed home because I wasn't feeling 100%. I tracked the race all weekend and kicked myself for not being out there. Even on tired legs, I think I could have won it, based on the outcome. I'm looking for 2 more wins this year, so I'm working on that now.

runtraildc

Hi trailers!  Got in just under 4 last night as the rain was starting and the temps dropping.  I worked in some intervals.  It wasn't pretty, but it rarely is for me lately.  We're supposed to get 2-5" of rain before Thursday, so I'm planning on yoga today.  I like running in the light rain, but prefer to stay out of the heavy rain and thunderstorms.

qotd:  Well, my spring races were shot-- so I'm looking at a couple of races this summer, when I normally don't race.  Mostly in the 10-15 mi range.  The 25k will be a new distance for me.

Gator eye

I set out for a easy 6 to break in a new pair of shoes, goal accomplished.

moon- Sorry about the rain, it happens every time I buy a new pair of shoes so it's kind of my fault.

QOTD: Goal for May is to stay healthy going into June, I have a race in June I would like to do well in. I'm doing a marathon the second weekend of May but I'm trying to keep that a supported training run instead of turning it into a race which would trash my legs out for two weeks.

dpc3

Got in a nice quick 3 with the devil dog before one busy day. I have a Manuscript due,  meeting,  another meeting with a graduate student and presentation to get ready.

Early morning wake up calls us definitely something you need to adjust to moon.

QOTD : settle in and get stronger to maybe potentially compete in s couple races in the fall. Need to get somethings on the calendar for mid summer as well.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

No rain in NYC yet but it's threatening to start.  Got out for 5 miles around the local park yesterday.  My quads are still sore from the weekend's 5k...more than I thought they would be.  Plan is to keep loosening them up this week...I'm thinking the bike is a good option so I might just spin on that this evening.

QOTD: I'm signed up for the Lower Hudson 100k at the end of the month.  That's going to be a training run for Manitou's Revenge in June.  This coming weekend I am considering doing the Bear Mountain North Face 50 mile or 50k...I think that will be a race day registration.

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Mixed some light jogging (4.5-ish mph) w/ walking on the treadmill last night, about a mile total of jogging- baby steps!

Will head to the hills this evening, will again try to mix in a little jogging.

qotd: my only goal is to get back to running, my only event this month is May 10- a 30k, which looks quite unlikely at the moment Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Low_O2

Morning all.

Hoping to get out for a short easy run this evening. I'm getting sick of the crazy winds around here this spring. Really complicates things when I can't get out for my weekday runs with my son in the stroller, as my wife's work schedule is a bit unpredictable.

QOTD: Signed up for my first 50 miler coming up at the end of May. My only goal is to finish in one piece so I can continue training soon afterwards.

Sandy-2

I'll do an hour on the stair climber after work today.

qotd: Bighorn is in June, but I'll be in Asia for two weeks in May.  Gotta control the food intake and keep up with my training.  It keeps me out of trouble.

tbd.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks.

I did 5 road miles this morning. My normal pace is coming back slowly, and I'm hitting the

little hills on every route I use.

moon: i struggle with that morning internal dialogue too, I can't believe its almost May and still

in low 40's in the morning. This morning I pretended I was climbing a nice incline in the brutal

heat of Tucson, AZ.

QOTD: My next goal race is a 50k, so I plan to use the next few months to get strong then look

for something in the summer.

LB2

Seven miles after work, rain or shine (unless it is lightning). I only brave lightning for killing turkeys or actual races.

Kelly: I am not counting chickens yet, but I fully expect a win in December. We may have run a little faster this time, though. Ed Melancon is running strong this year, so far.

QOTD: I plan to kick my mileage back up to around 200 miles for the month of May. But, that 200 may not come until June. I do have a 12 hour event at the end of May or the first part of June; I don't know that the definite date has been set as of yet. It is a very, very, very low key event. I'll try to run about 45 miles on that day. And that plays a big role in whether I hit the 200 mark in May or June. I want to hit at least 2 50 milers and a 100K before my 100 miler in November.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Should be heading out for 5-7 miles this afternoon before work.

QOTD: May should be a big month for me. IAT 50K on the 10th, my first trail ultra, and Dawn 2 Dusk 2 Dawn on the 31st, my first 24-hour event.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Rest day for me today.  I am racing a 10 miler this weekend and hope to take it easy for the rest of this week.

QOTD: I have three races in May, including a 10 miler, a relay (I'm running 16 miles) and a trail 25k. I'd like to PR at the 10 miler, and run the other ones fast without getting injured, ideally. 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I got in 6 nice miles last night. Planned to run this am but again woke up too late.  Vaccumed the car (which was goal after work) so I will run after work again.  It is going to be a beautiful day here...moving into the 80s.

QOTD:  My only plan is to keep running long so I am able to help pace Run Junkie at WS end of June.  Then may just kick back and ride bikes and motorcyles more. 

CO2:  You take that stroller on the trail?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Kelly: I am not counting chickens yet, but I fully expect a win in December. We may have run a little faster this time, though. Ed Melancon is running strong this year, so far.

I plan to win in December. I've isolated that race so I can be fully prepared. I should have a much better race now that I know the course so well.