Trailer Trash

!!!Only 15 More Weeks!!!! (Read 31 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

!!!!!The 2016 Mark Twain Endurance 50 is only 15 weeks away from this Saturday!!!! 

How did it get here so fast??? I mean seriously, I was expecting to look at the calendar and see like 20 weeks.....

Anybody else got something on their calendar or in their future that has them..... in excited panic mode???

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

all my races end up like that   but none are too close right now.  That's still basically 4 months away...you have plenty of time.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Yeah, it starts Saturday morning at 5 am

I still haven't decided on a training program

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's just crazy to think, I mean I was signing up for it... like late December or January 1st?? I can't remember but I was think "motherf*&ker that's far off!!", and now it's only 15 weeks away..... lol.

Now I'm thinking.. "is there room for mistakes, slip ups, sick weeks, family issues.... all the other worries I will be thinking about?"..

Did I mention that I worry too much?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yes! the HURL Elkhorn 50K in the Montana mountains in less than 10 weeks. Now that I look at it, it's really just over 9 weeks. Where did this week go?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's insane, but after getting an ass-kicking this past Saturday, I know the perfect loop for most of my long runs. I hope to hit the Harmonie Trail loop at least once a month, with my longest runs being focused there. This loop has quite a few really good spots stash a cooler with needed fuel, and to another cooler in my Tahoe where I can come across it at the start/end of each loop.

I plan to have at least one 25 mile long run or to hit that loop twice, and then one 30 mile  long run or to hit that loop 3 times during this training season. Let's see, how many weekends do I have before the taper? 12 or 13?

I can probably make it to Harmonie State Park at least 7 out of those... 5 as a minimal. I don't want to drive DH crazy by being gone almost every weekend so I can't go crazy with it. It's literally a 35-45 minute drive from my house, then the run itself, 15-20 minutes to recover afterwards and then the 40-50 minute drive back (due to traffic).

I hope to get up for these runs around 3:45 AM and be out the door by 4:20 or 4:30 AM, and I hope to get back home by 10 AM at the latest for the runs shorter than 20 miles. For the much longer runs, I want to be on that trail for anywhere between 5-8 hours and I'll probably have to let DH know like a week in advance that this will be happening.

So much planning, it's a good thing I am obsessive about stuff like this 

PRs

LB2

For a loop course, I don't think it gets any better than this venue. Two loops for the 50 miler and 4 loops for the 100 miler are just perfect in my mind. I have run one 50 miler, and it was like 7 or 8 loops. I did not like that. I have run 4 (1 DNF) 100 milers, one of which was a 5 looper. The loop course for the 100 miler was my first 100, and I never even considered mileage. I just dealt with loops. I didn't worry about how long the loops were; I just focused on doing 5 of them. That really worked well for me. I never felt rushed. The only cutoff time I was concerned about was 6AM to start the last loop, which was not an issue at all. Next, was a point to point, and in my mind I felt like I was behind from the start, thinking about cutoffs from the get-go. There is no need for that, and it was a huge mental mistake. My point is that I think loop courses are far more manageable logistically. That does not mean they are easier. In some ways, they are more difficult than other routes. I think you will do fine.

LB2

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, normally a loop like say.... 3-5 miles would begin to drive me crazy after doing it 5-7 times but a 25 mile loop is a pretty big loop so though it might seem daunting, I'll try not to think about the mileage... just the loop.

The cutoff time is 16 hours, which seems to be an average pace of about 19min/mile, and if I train right and focus on the Harmonie loop enough, I could probably average a 14 min/mile loop at the worst of it.

But the most important thing is to finish before the cutoff.

PRs

LB2

You'll do fine. I can hardly wait to hear about it.

LB2

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You'll do fine. I can hardly wait to hear about it.

One thing's for certain, I'll have my stupid mile/lap alert silent/turned off. The only reason I'll have my garmin tracking is to record the event, even if it will be 5-8 miles off by the time I finish

PRs

Keep Going

Yeah I know that feeling all to well. I have 10 weeks until Eastern States 100. One of the nastiest centuries on the east coast. I'm confident I can finish, kinda sorta  .. But I flip flop between thumb sucking fetal position and hysterical panic.  That's what makes it sooooooo fun!!!

100 milers are my favorite

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah I know that feeling all to well. I have 10 weeks until Eastern States 100. One of the nastiest centuries on the east coast. I'm confident I can finish, kinda sorta  .. But I flip flop between thumb sucking fetal position and hysterical panic.  That's what makes it sooooooo fun!!!

Lol, I think I would be buying a straight jacket on the same day I register for a Century race......

I mean at this point I can't really see myself training and completing a 100 miler, don't get me wrong, the idea of an all day or even 2 day hike with some running sounds great..... especially on the AT trails or in the Rockies or Grand Canyon or one of those other giant parks, but the thought of signing up, planning and training and then hoping nature gives me an okay day to start it is just mind-boggling.

Then again, MTE 50 is my first Ultra, so we'll see if I gain any sanity from this or lose more of what I don't have as it is 

PRs

XtremeTaper

Geez.. I would hate to be around you during the taper.  Big grin

2 more weeks for me!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

2 more weeks for me!

Lol, hopefully I'll be ready for the taper and enjoy it......

PRs

Keep Going

2 more weeks for me!

Dave what do you have in two weeks?

100 milers are my favorite