Trailer Trash

Bromance Saturdaily (Read 34 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Warden and NH are out racing and I'm getting ready to meet up with Mr. Jamie for a long run at Pine Grove furnace, hence "bromance".

Don't know what Jamie wants to do, but I've planned a nice long run that starts out on the AT and loops back on some of my favorite trails.  It's getting pretty hot out and looks like passing storms might hit us at some point.

QOTD:  Keeping with LB's vomit and nightmare themes, do you have any phobias?  Not really a fear, but I hate sitting with my back to a room of people.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Did a really crappy 20 miler this morning.  Just one of those "bonky" runs.  If I was in a race I would have pulled over and barffed, but since it was training I just walked it off for a while.  I think I didn't eat so well the day before and it was humid and warmish, so I just had to trudge through it.  Got it done though.

Been a bit busy and out of contact, so I'll catch up:

Puke qotd: yup. I probably puke in more ultras than I don't puke.

Dream qotd: no I don't have running dreams, but I can relate to QoN dream after I did Hardrock.

Qotd: none that I know of.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

The storms this morning scratched my planned run from the schedule. It was lightning, thundering and raining as if the world came to an end for hours straight, so working later today did not result in a nice morning run. Maybe later today.

I did 6 miles yesterday with DS pacing me on the bike. We made it an adventure run/ride, and it was a lot of fun, despite being hot and humid again.

AT: Hope you'll have fun on your long run with Jamie!

Sandy: Way to keep going like that. 30 miles is quite a distance.

QOTD: No, haven't had any in my life so far.

Run for fun.

muppy

7.1 trail miles last night.

AT and Jamie hope you both have a great time with your bromance!

QOTD Not really a phobia but I don't like the #13. I also don't walk under ladders, I reached under a ladder one time and a coworker dropped a wrench in my head, lesson learned.

Daydreamer1

Yesterday was a miserable day at work. At least I wasn't busy after midnight so I caught a little nap. Then I woke up with sharp stabbing pain in my heel. Planning on heading up on the mountain for 12-15 miles of hill repeats. Hope the pain goes away or I might have to cut it short.

QOTD: Can't stand to have something too tight across my chest.  That's why I rarely wear a seat-belt properly.

I have been indoor rowing every day lately but may do a bike ride instead today.  I haven't run in a while, so I plan to get out for a run in the next few days regardless of how hot it is.

QOTD:  I don't think so.  I try to be logical in what I fear and think I succeed in that.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Enjoy all your bromances, boys!  Good luck to Harrier and Warden at Devil's Backbone and Kelly at Vermont!  Hope Jamie and Tim are having a nice run today too.

I walked 3.5 miles with Bella and will go for a bike ride later this afternoon.

QOTD: Worms.  Hey, phobias aren't supposed to be rational.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

We finished up just over 16 hilly miles in 3:20.  Started in light rain, then rain got heavy with some thunder, then clear skies with the sun baking all the moisture to make it a nice tropical feel.  Showed Jamie some nice vistas and we talked to a few NOBO thru hikers on the AT.  All in all a nice run (minus the heat).  Stream crossings were a necessary stop to splash water on the head to cool down. DW ran a few miles with us on the AT and headed back as it wasn't a long day for her.

I'll have to plan a larger group run for anyone wanting to get lost in the PA woods.

Oh yea, we saw about 8 turkeys, momma a tom and some little ones.  No bears or snakes.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

(see AT's post above).  He was a gracious tour guide.  Was a nice time on some cool trails - that is until the heat n humidity really kicked in.  Next time we go early.  And I can see a nice PA/MD (and whoever wants to join) FA winter event/get-together in that area (Pine Grove Furnace).

Got home, cleaned up and went on a lunch date with DW since the kids were gone for the day.  Then met up with kids and others to swim, just before more rain and storms rolled through.

AT - thank DW for me for the good muffins! and thanks for the map.  I will be spending some time studying it.

QOTD: Not sure it's a phobia but I am not a big fan of large crowds of people, mostly I don't like being in the middle of a big crowd.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Count me in, at least for a short portion.

And I can see a nice PA/MD (and whoever wants to join) FA winter event/get-together in that area (Pine Grove Furnace).

Just got in a short strength session, no running.

qotd:  crickets.

some call me Tim

6 hot hot miles on the road today, exacerbated by last nights festivities and the resulting dehydration. More of the same tonight. Always nice to have old friends around!

qotd: snakes, complete darkness

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Only 50 minutes late to the group run this morning. Still managed to find a couple slower runners finishing up their last few miles to run with during parts of my 10 miles today.

QOTD: While I wouldn't class them as phobias, I'm very uncomfortable with heights and small enclosed places - elevators are fine but some caves are a little too tight for me.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Hey gang, I corrected my above post from yesterday. I must have been really zonked, I did 20 miles, not 30.  It was just so crappy it felt like 30. LOL. Sorry FTYC, but that's for the nice words anyway.

So as bad as yesterday was, today was much better.  Did 10 miles up on the mountain this morning (Sun).  Although I was a little stiff to start, once slowly grinding up the hills I felt much better.  Actually it turned into a decent run. But then again, any run in the woods is gonna be good.

Hope you all are having a nice Saturday night there. We had a nice, went out with friends to a restaurant for, if all things...  lobster rolls. Lobster imported from Maine, with butter on a nice hunk of bread and spicy fries in the side. Totally awesome!! The beer wasn't bad either.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy, 20 miles is still very long.

just returned from an evening run with DD. she sure does not enjoy the heat. 

Work re early tomorrow, that might leave some room for a run thereafter.

Run for fun.

LB2

I got 10.

QOTD: No. I hate clowns, but I am not afraid of them.

AT: Nice on the turkeys. I saw 7 gobblers the other day. I have seen a few little ones, but most of the hens I have been seeing have not had little ones. I don't like that. We had terrible weather during the nesting season, and that causes problems for brood rearing.

LB2